Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Challenge 1 - Nationality/Culture
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The theme is Nationality/Culture.
What is your Dals nationality? What is your Dals favorite part of his or her culture?

This challenge will run from August 18th – 23rd
Entries are due by August 23rd at Midnight EST
Judging will be on the 24th

--You will have 6 days to take your photo and submit it.
--There will be 1 day of judging between challenges. You can and will be disqualified if your photo is not in by the due date.
--All files should be 500x375 or 375x500.
--All files should be emailed to Dalicious.Contest@gmail.com with the name of the challenge and the contestants name in the subject.

Entries Received listed by Dals Name

Dals Name - Dals Owner
Ailis - Elderham
Alisha - Christopher Fritz
Ariana - Haileebobailee
Berry - LittleSu
Brutus - Catsclaws

Chanterelle - Myufish
Charity - MyOwnLittleWorld
Charlotte Aznable - Rinslet
Cindel - Rain_Clouds
Cinna - DallyDoll

Cinnita - Pyochi
Coraline - Saruwarui
Dalvam - Hina Ichigo
Drta - Kookiedakat
Emilia - spaZZ

Fay - MissSunshine
Jahna - Sheepie
Jilly - Catcraig
Katie Rose - Biku
Katsu Curry - Taquito-King

Kotono - Cianni
Mau - Yukitte
Morgan - McKenna
Nami - Cherri
Pia - Molly Dolly

Princessa - Requiem
Robin Louise Mitsaka - SugarMag123
Sophie - Zoegirl
Spencer - Ravenwcatz
Tez - Asashi

Torrent - Pinkcow
Umber - TrueFan
Valeria - Baxterbrat

33 of 45 entries have been sent in.

You can check out the Challenge 1 Entries here - http://picasaweb.google.com/Dalicious.Co...Challenge1#

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Challenge 1 has been announced!
One little question, could we use photoshop for special effects?
(08-20-2009, 12:25 AM)Yukittie Wrote: [ -> ]One little question, could we use photoshop for special effects?

I would rather you not, but there is nothing in the contest rules against it.
(08-20-2009, 01:52 AM)Kanamai Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-20-2009, 12:25 AM)Yukittie Wrote: [ -> ]One little question, could we use photoshop for special effects?

I would rather you not, but there is nothing in the contest rules against it.

Okay well I will send you a pm with the picture and the special effect, it's not a huge adjustment though I think it's really fitting but if you don't want me to I can send you the picture without the effect <3
Question! The rules include, "All files should be 500×375 or 375×500." The word "should" is used rather than "must"; does this mean it's a suggestion and not a requirement? Would dimensions such as 500x330 be allowed?
Ooo good question Chris!

I've got one of my own: does our photograph need to explicitly answer both questions? Like, the "favorite part" scene I'm going with right now could still be argued to be from a country other than what I'm implying, do I need to throw a flag in the background or something?
@Chris - Yea, a picture less then that is fine too.

@Little Su - no, the picture doesnt need to answer both.
Does it matter what file extension we use?
Nope, it doesnt matter. Though I do like .png myself.
Good to know! I've seen other contests at other places that ask for a certain file type, but I'm glad I can use .png. grin

Thanks for the quick reply!
Did my entry go through? I had a lot of trouble with my e-mail when I was sending it last night.
I emailed mine earlier today and just remembered that I forgot to add Morgan's name to the subject line.
@Pinkcow - I got your entry. I just havent updated the list yet.

@Mckenna - Yea, I got your too.
Just sent in my entry. Please let me know if you have any trouble w/the attachment.

Thanks!
Pages: 1 2