Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Challenge 3 - 1980's Fashion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The theme is 1980's Fashion.
What would your Dal have worn in the 1980's?

This challenge will run from September 1st-6th
Entries are due by September 6th at Midnight EST
Judging will be on the 7th

--You will have 6 days to take your photo and submit it.
--There will be 1 day of judging between challenges. You can and will be disqualified if your photo is not in by the due date.
--All files should be 500x375 or 375x500.
--All files should be emailed to Dalicious@dollymarket.net with the name of the challenge and the contestants name in the subject.

Entries Received
Ailis - Elderham
Berry - LittleSu
Chanterelle - Myufish
Charlotte - Rinslet
Cinna - DallyDoll

Cinnita - Pyochi
Coraline - Saruwarui
Dalvam - Hina Ichigo
Drta - Kookiedakat
Emilia - spaZZ

Jahna - Sheepie
Jilly - Catgraig
Katie Rose - Biku
Katsu Curry - Taquito-King
Kotono - Cianni

Mau - Yukittie
Morgan - Mckenna
Princessa - Requiem
Robin - SugarMag123
Sophie - Zoegirl

Spencer - Ravenwcatz
Tez - Asashi
Torrent - Pinkcow
Umber - Truefan
Valeria - BaxterBrat

25 out of 30
Oh Yeah....I went to jr. high and high school in the 80's!!! LOL
Maybe you can give me some advice, then? I wasn't even born 'til the tail end! Google, here I come!
Aww bummer man. My vintage Barbie stash only covers the late 60s and like all of the 90s. :O

Though, I can't wait to see everyone's entries!
This one sounds like it will be fun! smile
Oh sure.....I have always been a clothes horse and a fashion hound.......especially in school!! LOL If anyone has any questions, PM me. I'm not in it to win it but to have fun. : )
OH GOD
I love this challenge but I know I'm going to be rushing to do it @_@
Eeeep... (-_-wink
I'll fancy up Princessa until I want to claw my eyes out in horror: GUARANTEED litmus test for 1980s fashion! I grew up in it, it was the only thing I knew until I was a teenager, and I still hated it.

^^; Srsly though, for all the young 'uns, just stick to neon colors, animal prints, capri stretch pants and oversized tops secured at the waist with a belt and you'll be just fine. Actually, it's a lot like what's been cool for the last couple years, only exaggerated and with the color saturation set to max.

(edit) I forgot to add: Leg warmers
I just went through my collection of Barbie clothes from when I was a kid, wow, you would not believe some of the items in there that screams 80s.

So, if there's anyone here that was born in the late 80s, collected Barbies, and had parents who bought them clothes from dollars stores/discount stores, seriously check and see if you kept any dolly clothing for your future children. There could be a goldmine right under your nose!
Oh wow this is a difficult one 0_0
I hope I can find something.
Wow! I wasn't alive then (*blush*) but I managed to scrape together something!
I grow up in the 70s and have a clear idea of the fashions from that period, but I can't seem to remember anything about fashion in the 80s except for workout clothing! But Umber will find ... something to wear.
I raided my 80's Skipper clothes and came up with something for Morgan.
I think I'm going to be stuck hand-making all of Berry's clothes. At least I've decided on an outfit!
Pages: 1 2