Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: MA/CT/NY(?) etc meetup lol
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am newly registered on here and saw there was a thread a few months ago about a Boston meetup but it looks like that never happened. This is something I would really like to do as I am still fairly new to the world of Pullips and whatnot and think it would be great to meet actual human beings who share this same interest and can learn from them about the dolls and whatever else.

I live in Springfield, MA & would be willing to drive as far as CT and maybe even NY (if there's a big majority there) for the meetup.

If anyone has ideas or is interested just let me know =)
(12-30-2012, 05:03 PM)justerica Wrote: [ -> ]I am newly registered on here and saw there was a thread a few months ago about a Boston meetup but it looks like that never happened. This is something I would really like to do as I am still fairly new to the world of Pullips and whatnot and think it would be great to meet actual human beings who share this same interest and can learn from them about the dolls and whatever else.

I live in Springfield, MA & would be willing to drive as far as CT and maybe even NY (if there's a big majority there) for the meetup.

If anyone has ideas or is interested just let me know =)

I suspect most of the Boston folks (me included) got busy and distracted. Sweatdrop The store we used to have our meetups in also closed... Cry I'd still like to GO to a meetup, but I don't have much time to organize one and I think it might be tricky to find a day a bunch of people can go. But let's see if anyone else replies now that the holidays are over and maybe something can happen! Happy
I'm in CT and if you ever want to do a meet here (not doing outdoor in this weather) I'd probably be up for it.
All late to this. But yeah, indoors for sure. It still sucks outside now lol happy spring
Anime Boston anyone?
I know this is way early but seeing how these things tend to take time to plan (and I'll be missing you all at AB), anyone interested in a Halloween meet in Salem, MA? Of course this is way in advance but if there's interest I'd love to do something with that. There's so much going there that it would provide a lot of photo opportunities.

I'm up for anything earlier than that too tho >.<
Anime Boston is a possibility even though I've never been and not the biggest anime fan, hopefully that won't matter too much? ^^

I also think the Salem idea would be fun. I try to make it to Salem every year around Halloween so the chances of me being in Salem around Halloween are very high. smile

Whatever is easiest for everyone smile
Oh wow! Salem MA! not far from where I am a bit north and a few towns over from my hometown. My dd looked at Salem State when looking for a college (got a trolley tour on campus). We ventured downtown and if you have NEVER been there, it is AMAZING! Quaint traditional New England town. LOL -- a real witch on every corner and in the witches specialty shops (many)! Photo opportunities galore. I wish I had a doll with me! There is an anime/manga store there downtown also. I think they have a huge weekend festival there around Halloween also.
yup yup! There's actually like a whole week of festivities during Halloween in Salem so there's a couple of options for days also. Plus not only is there tons of cool stuff to do and places to take "halloween" photos but there's also the harbor side so it's easy to get some beautiful ocean-type photos as well. There would be a lot of options as far as things we could do besides just meeting for photos.
I'm never sure what I have time for these days, but if a Salem MA meet happened I would try to make it! I have actually (oddly) never been to salem around halloween, and I really should at least once...

I'll also be at anime boston if anyone does wind up being there. Not really sure what I'll be doing there, but it's a tradition to go! XD Plus, hey, I've actually watched a few episodes of some series for the first time in like the past 4 years. Exciting!

vegablack

Hi! I'm new to this forum but I'll be in MA for the summer and will be going to Anime Boston so I'd love to meet up with people! If you recognize my username at all I use the same one on the Dollfie Dream forums and DoA.
I've tried to organize a few anime boston meetups and they have been sort of thinly attended, to say the least. Does anyone have any good suggestions for how to run into each other?
I'll be attending Friday and Saturday, I'll be bringing a few dolls with including one of my Pullips, a DD and probably a couple of bjds.
Would anyone still be interested in a Salem, MA meet? Maybe in September sometime?
BUMP!

(08-26-2013, 10:40 AM)catcraig Wrote: [ -> ]Would anyone still be interested in a Salem, MA meet? Maybe in September sometime?

I live in Salem so I'd love to do a meet up here. There are also a lot of beautiful places to take photos and plenty of touristy places to visit. And of course Harrison's for those collectors who also like comics, anime, collectables.

The shipyard is also not very far from downtown if anyone wants some nautical photos.
Pages: 1 2