Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Show your new Doll!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So many pretty customs!! I keep thinking recently I need to get myself a yeolume at some point...
[Image: 36454335255_eb333bd7d6_z.jpg]

My Hen-Nako got here yesterday! I'm in love with her! She doesn't have a name or much of a backstory yet but I'm so happy to have her here!
Ooo! She's so pretty GreysPrincess. Congrats! I look forward to hearing her backstory.
Congrats on the Hen-Nako, GreysPrincess! She's very pretty!
[Image: 36425061896_5239f53c51.jpg]

Lan Ake, my newest girl, she came in her stock outfit, which is very pretty, but changed into something more casual as she joined her new friends on the doll shelf.

I love her hair colour, but hate how high her fringe is above her eyes. Will have to see if I can make it sit further forward, or raid my wig collection and see what I can replace it with.
(08-10-2017, 06:35 PM)BlueBlueKarou Wrote: [ -> ][Image: 36425061896_5239f53c51.jpg]

Lan Ake, my newest girl, she came in her stock outfit, which is very pretty, but changed into something more casual as she joined her new friends on the doll shelf.

I love her hair colour, but hate how high her fringe is above her eyes. Will have to see if I can make it sit further forward, or raid my wig collection and see what I can replace it with.

Try smooshing it down with one of those plastic circles that new pullips wear around their heads in the box. Those work pretty well. If that fails, hair gel..? Azone sells some for dolls.

[Image: 36414705965_8362fca8f6.jpg]

Eve Sweet! I think she's probably going to be my last doll. ^^; I've spent too much on them... But she's so pretty! I view her as being sort of a flower fairy.
Congrats on all the new additions, everyone! grin
everyone's new additions are lovely - I always love looking at owner-photos, it gives me a much better idea of who the doll is than stock pics (does that make sense? It does in my head, but I'm not sure if it translates sad )

I like Lan Ake's glasses, bluebluekarou. May I ask where you got them? I'm sure that some of my girls "need" glasses - DH & I both wear them everyday, and I'm amused by my thought that therefore some of the dolls should also be wearing glasses
I totally agree with you on the owner photos. Groove's photos don't always do the greatest job of showing off the dolls best features. And sometimes their original styling doesn't appeal to me so they benefit from a different wig, eyechips, and or outfit.
(08-11-2017, 09:30 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]I like Lan Ake's glasses, bluebluekarou. May I ask where you got them? I'm sure that some of my girls "need" glasses - DH & I both wear them everyday, and I'm amused by my thought that therefore some of the dolls should also be wearing glasses

She's wearing Haute NY's glasses. I also have Nani Fai's glasses which I've given another girl to wear. As a fellow glasses wearer I totally get the need to have dolls in specs!

Thanks for the hair advice, Fishy. I was thinking of getting her a beanie hat, but will try flattening the hair down as well, see if it goes back into place. Otherwise I guess I could take her wig off and scoot it forwards a bit!
I seem to recall the Lans didn't have very nice quality wigs. Sometimes it's easier to replace a wig rather than struggle with an unsatisfactory wig. Leeke makes some really gorgeous dark blue wigs, when they offer that special color. Or there's this one, it's not quite the same dark shade of blue: http://www.dollpeddlar.com/althea-wig-da...29435.html
Beautiful new dolls everyone!
Here's one of my newest girl Iris who I received back in January of this year.
She's captured my heart! Heart

[Image: 32767252951_b8b0fdcd39_z.jpg]
Ooh! I love BRH... and that dress is fantastic!
Lovely new additions, everyone! I love BRH. <3 I've wanted her for a while but still haven't ended up getting her, haha.
[Image: 37063647456_34087baf44_z.jpg]Shinku! by Haley, on Flickr
"Honestly, humans are so inconsiderate. You should never photograph a lady without her permission!"
After wanting her the entire time I've been collecting, almost ten years now, I finally have Shinku!
She's very special to me, as Rozen Maiden is what got me into anime in the first place and was the very first one I watched.
Anime is a huge part of my life and probably always will be, and I have Rozen Maiden to thank for that. Shinku is still up there as one of my favorite female characters.
I didn't like the remakes of the Rozen Maiden dolls, but I've wanted the original Shinku for a long time, so I got her as a birthday present to myself.
She's going to be an exception to the way I usually collect(altering and naming and coming up with backstories, etc; ) as I plan to keep her 100% stock, name and all.
MapleLeaf, your BRH is lovely! She's one I've always admired and probably will eventually join my collection.

Nova, congrats on finally getting her! I've never watched Rozen Maiden but I have always thought the dolls are pretty.