Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Show your new Doll!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't know about "A given". Because that's one HELL of a given. I'm not mentally prepared to get a 2000$ doll...

As for Jun Planing VS Grooves, appart the Regeneration line, Groove had redesigned and remade the entire Rozen Maiden line and Black Butler lines. Many Dals were also reborn as Pullips for the Groove re-releases. The differences are significant so if you love the characters enough, it's easy to double-dip!
(07-10-2019, 01:27 PM)Kanrabat Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know about "A given". Because that's one HELL of a given. I'm not mentally prepared to get a 2000$ doll...

Not long ago, you were not mentally prepared to invest in a $1000 doll.

But I agree, the jump from $1k to $2k is significant.

But you have the patience and the skill to find bargains, so I have no doubt you'll be watching... and waiting to pounce!
That Violette looks really pretty! Congrats for the grab Tongue
I believe the 2st batch of Rozen Maiden dolls was inspired by the manga and first season of the anime, the 2nd really looks more like the 2013 edition of the anime instead. I prefer the first series in all aspects, they just seem to have more personality to me!
That’s really fascinating the differences between the company versions.

They’re both lovely - I’d be hard pressed to pick between them.
(07-10-2019, 06:24 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]They’re both lovely - I’d be hard pressed to pick between them.

Unless one have a limited budget and very limited space... Why not both?   Happy

(07-10-2019, 03:19 PM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-10-2019, 01:27 PM)Kanrabat Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know about "A given". Because that's one HELL of a given. I'm not mentally prepared to get a 2000$ doll...

But you have the patience and the skill to find bargains, so I have no doubt you'll be watching... and waiting to pounce!

That's why I don't dismiss the Dolfie Creamy Mami completely.

Someday, somewhere, an opportunity may arise. And that's when I'll strike. It may take months or years. I'll keep an eye open.

Eh, it worked on every single Grails I set my sight upon so far! Many of which I never thought I'd ever get. So, it's just a matter of time.
Congrats on the new arrivals. Interesting to see the two side by side.
Poor wee Mami looks sad in her box.... trapped forever.... Cry
(07-11-2019, 03:23 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]Congrats on the new arrivals.  Interesting to see the two side by side.
Poor wee Mami looks sad in her box....  trapped forever.... Cry

Let's say she's in a deluxe room.  sly

The irony is if I ever get a Dollfie Creamy Mamy, that one would certainly not remain in her box.
I got home today to find Dolly Mail!

Anthy arrived with 2 replacement bodies (for Maeve & Ashli), and an outfit.

Sassy right out of the box  LOL  Elfy doesn't like them when they wink - either both eyes open or both closed, not one of each.
[Image: e7976f68fde43316b727511b0964db68.jpg]

Close-up of her face - her glasses were bent quite badly, so they still need more straightnening.
[Image: 55df70752dd0150e477a064eaecff8b1.jpg]

The back look - her hair is still in the packing nets, and the bottom of the dress is a bit crumpled from the trip.
[Image: 11f7b6851646b9be9261833b3cd2fd72.jpg]

Nova introduces herself to Ester
[Image: b19de01ea450a06f59ebd621cf5a71ca.jpg]
Anthy look very, very nice! But she'll look way better without the hair nets. Even though I never watched the classic anime, I'd be tempted to find one for myself. If the price is right, of course.
(07-17-2019, 11:06 PM)Kanrabat Wrote: [ -> ]Anthy look very, very nice! But she'll look way better without the hair nets. Even though I never watched the classic anime, I'd be tempted to find one for myself. If the price is right, of course.

I’ve never watched the anime either (any anime actually - so a lot of the collab dolls I have no idea why they are important or well-known).

But when she was first shown online I thought she was very cute with the purple hair & glasses.  Truth be told, it’s really the glasses that sold me on her  LOL

She won’t stay dressed like that for long - not really practical long-term for what my idea for her is.
I'm pretty sure Anthy's dress will be easy to sell online. Especially because it may not necessarily be for a Pullip.
I love the uniform-style gown, but as you say, the eyeglasses are a superb accessory!

Congratulations on the fun new arrival!
Congrats -- she's cute smile Interested to see what your idea for her will be.
I don't think I've ever seen owner photos of Anthy before... can't wait to see what you do with her!

Did the new bodies end up being a good match for your girls?
(07-18-2019, 08:11 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]Congrats -- she's cute smile Interested to see what your idea for her will be.

(07-18-2019, 08:23 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think I've ever seen owner photos of Anthy before... can't wait to see what you do with her!

Did the new bodies end up being a good match for your girls?

My plan is to make her into an air spirit - it’s only nebulous at the moment so I’m still thinking of how to do that.
Our other 2 mocha girls are Fire (Shala) and Water (Nyxie), so she was going to either be Air or Earth. I’ll need to wander around Etsy shops looking for the right outfit for her though, so it could be a while.