Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Show your new Doll!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@Lejays17 yeah when I first saw the doll I thought she was beautiful, the design is a bit simple but still seems innocent and elegant.I want to try my hand at making doll clothes and there is a YouTube channel called my froggy stuff.I admire them as a great crafter channel I have watched them for a long time (but it's on and off again)they make really good bedrooms and whole scenes for dolls I might get Inspired by others to or already have.
@werepuppy thank you : )
(10-03-2019, 06:50 PM)Jubilee Wrote: [ -> ]@davidd I found solution to sharing photos now ._.

Oh, she's cute! I love her hat!

I'm glad you found a photo-sharing solution!
@davidd yeah I agree,But her hat was a struggle to put on I wish it had elastic stuff in it (I don't know how to say it).Also thanks all I did was sign up to Flickr,I went to search up places that are able to share pictures to forums.
Yay, congrats on officially joining the Groove gang, Jubilee! The first doll is always special.
What Lejays said... after a while a name will probably come to you that suits her.
If you want to post the actual photos here, click on the little curved arrow to the bottom right below the photo. In the popup box, select "BBCode", pick your photo size, and copy the link. Then you can just paste it here.
One doll inevitably leads to more... even when you think it won't (me) -- haha smile
Have fun with her... now you can join in the photo challenges here if you like!
@Alliecat thank you and  yeah I might do photo challenges they seem fun.Also thanks for the tips on photos, I hope I don't get a doll addiction. :^)Names are hard for me to come up with so hopefully you both are right.
It took a long time coming, but here she finally is, Dal Fiori!
She's the #2 of 3 of the first Dals Trio.

Oh, and I got some clothes to for a relatively AMBITIOUS PROJECT.

[Image: 0mtxZZN.jpg]

Well, look like the "anti-stain" tape on Fiori's legs were pretty much useless.
Damn the staining is heavy! Still, that staining is irrelevant because she'll remain in her original stock.

[Image: uQyYV4t.jpg]

Overall, I adore her despite the stains mishaps and the frizzy wig. I also find it cute and funny that she have a "Mini Me".

[Image: 7tnLea6.jpg]

Now, only Monomono remain to complete the First Dals Trio!

[Image: xUdClUu.jpg]
Yikes to the staining... but it actually makes kind of a pretty, tattoo-esque pattern for some of it :o
Her original box looked pretty groovy!

Bummer about the staining. Good that it won't matter for what you have in mind.

You're building quite a collection of "early editions."
(10-31-2019, 01:53 PM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Her original box looked pretty groovy!

Bummer about the staining. Good that it won't matter for what you have in mind.

You're building quite a collection of "early editions."

There's a big appeal for me in old dolls. I also love the fact that they are way cheaper than most recent releases. Only thing is I have to deal with aging problems. And for a doll that remain in her original stock, staining is a irrelevant problem.

BTW, her original box is the MINTEST and most PRISTINE I've ever got for a Jun Planning doll! And guess what? Off to the recycling bin it went!  LOL
I love Fiori's mini me. My favorite Dal accessory.
(11-01-2019, 11:33 PM)TrueFan Wrote: [ -> ]I love Fiori's mini me. My favorite Dal accessory.

Fishnet stockings on a ragdoll. Disturbing and hilarious at the same time!  LOL
It's November so...

MERRY CHRISTMASS!  LOL 

[Image: ZGvI1ba.jpg]

Got Pullip Carol from Mandarake. Brand new for only 5K yen! I still had to pay 3K yen of shipping, but I paid the price for EMS and she came just in a week. It would have made no sense to save 1K yen only for her to arrive after the Holidays.

[Image: HvTzzDv.jpg]

Carol is an original T1 Pullip. Meaning her body is full of screws, her torso have that weird "zombie slouch" and her eyes can't remain closed. And like all T1 Pullips, no stands at all. I managed to balance her but it took work. She came with paper work and her only accessory is an actual CANDLE! Said candle came with a notice written in Japanese that must say "Do not light this thing. EVER."

I thought she would be a Pullip that I'd play dress-up with over the seasons, but her rubbery boots (no stickiness) have hardened over the years and are thus unremovable. So I cannot remove the pants. I'll get for her a big dress that will cover her legs and a new hat for the off-season. Most likely one or two Etsy purchases.

[Image: wpFO6nJ.jpg]

Carol have a cute face and an actual decent face-up for a T1. Too bad that her rooted hair (another T1 thing) aged badly and look more like a dead roadkill than anything else. But with a hat, it's not too bad.

[Image: 6NfNesF.jpg]

It's not even half of November but eh, time to get into the Holidays spirit!

[Image: 3tWkMmI.jpg]

Slightly in advance Happy Holidays everyone!
Congratulations on Christmas Carol (I see what they did there)! She's adorable!
(11-14-2019, 01:57 PM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Congratulations on Christmas Carol (I see what they did there)! She's adorable!

I had my eyes on her for so long! And there she was, affordable! So of course I snatched her up.
I can never have the other limited to 12 units Carol, but at least I can have that one.