Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Show your new Doll!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Congratulations! She's a very cute girl.

For the hair, I'm gonna suggest using braid spray - I use it for all my dolls' hair and it does help to at least get it tidier.
Lack of room and spare cash slowed down my Pullip & Co purchases to a crawl.
Still, I check Mandarake and Ebay in case of a must have deal.

I found her on Ebay. A "no name" Pullip from a fellow Québécois with only 20 feedbacks (at 100%). The seller did not offer any international shipping. As if the listing was only for me. Her only problem:

[Image: QraYciv.jpg]

I bid and only one other bidder made a small 1$ more bid that I easily outbid after. And WIN!

What did I won?

PULLIP CLARITY!

[Image: 0IT5aNe.jpg]

Her boots became hard as rock with age. So I sanded down her ankle stumps to make them relatively smooth. Then put on her stockings and the boots. The boots are obviously a loose fit but they are so hard that they act as prosthetics. It work very well and I think I won't need to Obitsu her body after all.

[Image: 62hg60e.jpg]

Clarity is very elegant and she have that arrogant posh look that I adore. I imagine her putting the front of a haughty "bitch", complete with "d'hohoho" laughs and snarky remarks. However, she have a big heart and it's her way to push her "rival" forward so that both she and her can accomplish their dreams. (Feel free to cringe at that micro fan-fic!)  Tongue 

Guess what was the total price, shipping included, in CANADIAN DOLLARS:

[Image: LO82rKu.png]

That's quite unbeatable, right?

Clarity is look awesome with the crew and no one would ever know that she actually have an handicap.

[Image: ZE9Y68e.jpg]

It will be a very long time before I buy another Pullip...
...or not.
It all depend if there's some other golden opportunity like this one happening again!
I recently got back into my old doll hobby - I remember when I last had dolls, Stica had just been released, so it must have been about 13 years ago!
Actually, my friends young daughter had gotten into Pullips recently, and they asked me to look for a doll for her, and browsing all those pretties got me right back into it.

But there have been so many releases while I've been gone! I went through full release lists, and spent some weeks checking auction sites to get the feel of the market and prices.
Finally, I ended up choosing Jeanne and Momori for my first girls.

[Image: 49448967807_eb16bb7847_w.jpg]

Jeanne arrived this week. She is so lovely.
She was also my first purchase from Mandarake. The listing was for JPY9000 cheaper than the current going price, despite being "un-used".
They claimed the box has damage and the doll "has been removed for manufacturer's inspection" but look as I may, I can't find the slightest flaw neither in the box or the doll. And she seems to be NRFB as well.
I assumed with such a discount, the box at least would be dented or something but this was a pleasant surprise.

Now, to fix her "bed head hair", she has some persisting kinks on the back of her head.
(01-27-2020, 06:54 PM)nukkelapsi Wrote: [ -> ]I recently got back into my old doll hobby 

WELCOLME!  Happy 

It's a pleasure to see new blood on this site! Seriously, it's been really quiet recently.
Congrats on your first girls. Those are always the dolls that are the most special.

Mandarake is THE place to have the best deals. Especially for older stuff. Their things are always marked as "packaged damaged" to avoid the annoying Mint-In-Sealed-Box obsessives-compulsives. And "open for inspection" mean only that the seal tape is broken. If the toy is TRULY used, it will be listed as such and they'll show every little flaws.
Deals can be found on Ebay but it's way more rare. Sometimes, the stars align as you can see with my post above yours.

Anyway, welcome again and have fun!
Welcome back to the hobby!
Welcome back ! You got such a great deal! She is very pretty.
Congrats!
Jeanne is very pretty. Glad you found some good deals to get you back into the hobby. I've only bought a couple of things from Mandarake but they do seem to be extra careful to warn you about damage. Hope you get her box-hair straightened out! smile
Welcome back! Jeanne looks right bonny!
(01-23-2020, 11:41 AM)Kanrabat Wrote: [ -> ]It will be a very long time before I buy another Pullip...
...or not.
It all depend if there's some other golden opportunity like this one happening again!

This is really a golden chance! Get such a wonderful doll for such a low price. I think I understand well the pleasure of “hunting” for such deals. Congratulations!
(01-29-2020, 04:11 AM)Kikiro-Undead Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-23-2020, 11:41 AM)Kanrabat Wrote: [ -> ]It will be a very long time before I buy another Pullip...
...or not.

This is really a golden chance! Get such a wonderful doll for such a low price. I think I understand well the pleasure of “hunting” for such deals. Congratulations!

Thanks!
One thing I love to hunt on eBay are Canadian listings with bad titles. Those get basically hidden from search results and the shipping is reasonable. This make them easy to bid on and easy to win! It happen a couple of times with me Transformers hunting too.  Happy
Pullip Stica arrived! You can see that Canadian customs did open the box for inspection. A first for a Mandarake order.
Still, I was spared custom fees. That's one bullet dodged.

[Image: dldGBqe.jpg]

I did a quick unboxing and review here:
http://forums.dollymarket.net/showthread...id=7262847
TlDr; Stica is awesome!
He's not necessarily new (arrived in January), but I've only just got to finally upload a photo I took of him in February - meet Hansie (Isul Hansel)! ^^

[Image: 49765272818_c252fd87c3_z.jpg]
Hansie with teddy bear, 02.02.2020
by ~Loona~, on Flickr
That's fluffydorable! LOL
Looks so cozy and has some puppy dog eyes <3_<3