Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Show your new Doll!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
New arrival and I love her so much!! Her hair (beautiful quality wig!) had come loose in transit so needed a condition/brush, and her hand had to be taped to stop it popping out xD other than that she's perfect. More pics when the rest of her clothes arrive! but in the meantime...

Mary says hello ♪

[Image: 2gvmv5u.jpg]

[Image: 2zscg9t.jpg]

[Image: 2cdgx0y.jpg]
@MissyCrane lovely Oui'vera! I liked that she shares the same name as my sister, it suits! ^^ I like her green eyes and her face reminds me abit like Ddalgi?
Oh her eyes are so pretty! There needs to be more green eyed pullips. :p
Missy, Mary is so pretty! Her dress is super cute, and that wig is lovely! Is it her stock wig?
Missy_Crane! Your Oui'vera is stunning! I never noticed how gorgeous Oui'vera's eyelids were. That plum color is simply gorgeous!
Eee thanks guys! blush I'm pretty much in love with her, I have a soft spot for brunette dollies (hmm, maybe because I'm a brunette? o.O lol)

Yup that's her stock wig; it's the second best stock wig I've seen but Vanessa the BRH still has the best (it's like satin, so sleek and shiny and soft! :O) I wish all Pullips could have hair of this high quality...

YES!! Joichi! I'm glad you said that, I saw a photo of a Ddalgi yesterday and thought 'omg she looks like Mary, how did I never notice!' xD haha I know a lot of people say Oui'Vera looks like Clara (or was it Chloi?) but her semblance to Ddalgi was a surprise.

Amazingly I think the colour of her eyelids matches not only the plum flowers on that little dress but the cardigan I bought her her on its way...a happy coincidence, because I'm usually quite bad at co-coordinating clothes LOL
She's super pretty! Her faceup reminds me a bit of Ddalgi's. And it's great to know there's at least one other nice-quality Groove wig out there!

I just love her in that little flowered dress. So cute!
I'm almost certain Oui'Vera is Clara with different chips, I was wondering if it was her stock wig since Clara's is also really nice quality! I have a surprising number of girls who's stock wigs I'd pin as good quality, but the not-so-good wigs still outnumber them haha.
Oh my gosh, redstars, you're totally right -- we've found another repeat faceup match! Clara and Oui'Vera!

Does someone have a list somewhere of the repeat faceups? Hina? Requiem? (Oooh, Requiem, maybe you could write about the repeat faceups in your retrospective series!)
Thank you Vada Heart

I was curious about this repeat faceup business so I did a little research, this is a great comparison of Clara and Oui'Vera:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/superqt/7138110221/

Bottom line: they have teeny differences but basically could be twins if Clara was given green chips Tongue I guess someone at Groove was feeling a little lazy!
Vada - another? :o Clara/Oui'Vera was the only one I'd noticed to be that similar. Was there another? The only other one I know is the same is Romantic Alice, both are exactly the same down to their eyelids (I was sure Pink Alice would have pink lids. I was wrong.) A list would be fantastic, I'm curious to see any others now!
My newest girl though I'm expecting another batch of dolls from Pullipstyle to arrive tomorrow Sweatdrop
[Image: 10565193374_55d26982f6.jpg]
Snickerdoodle by pullip_junk, on Flickr
(10-27-2013, 11:21 PM)Missy_Crane Wrote: [ -> ]Bottom line: they have teeny differences but basically could be twins if Clara was given green chips Tongue I guess someone at Groove was feeling a little lazy!

(10-28-2013, 01:05 AM)redstars Wrote: [ -> ]Vada - another? :o Clara/Oui'Vera was the only one I'd noticed to be that similar. Was there another?

Oh, wow, given that photo, Clara and Oui'Vera most definitely share the exact same computer file (or template) for their faceup. Groove didn't even bother changing anything about Oui'Vera's eyelashes, eyeshadow, or eyebrow color!

Other faceup template repeats -- even though they might have various negligible differences, such as eyeshadow color -- are Kiyomi and Ally, Nero and Oren, Noir and Bianca, and Mitzi and (I think Panda? can anyone confirm?). And now we can add Clara and Oui'Vera to the list.

For example, here are Kiyomi and Ally:

[Image: 6890991875_a882e02bdd_z.jpg]
[Image: p103_6.jpg]

Ally doesn't have the extra "wispy" painted-on eyelashes, and she has a solid line of lower eyeliner; but for all accounts and purposes, it's exactly the same faceup template. Look at the gradation of the eyebrows and the little lines near the inside corners of their eyes!

Here are Oren and Nero (from Hina's Flickrstream):

[Image: 3724357311_e22653c00e_z.jpg]
Oren & Nero by pullip_junk, on Flickr

Here are Noir (regen) and Bianca:

[Image: 7457449482_9273ed49a5.jpg]
Re: Noir face up by pullip_junk, on Flickr

[Image: 5454378165_65b6cca0be.jpg]
Bianca by pullip_junk, on Flickr
(10-30-2013, 12:17 PM)vadafade Wrote: [ -> ]Other faceup repeats -- even though they might have various negligible differences, such as eyeshadow color -- are Kiyomi and Ally, Nero and Oren, Noir and Bianca, and Mitzi and (I think Panda? can anyone confirm?). And now we can add Clara and Oui'Vera to the list.

No, Mitzi doesn't look anything like Panda. (I've never had a Mitzi, but I used to have a Panda.) Mitzi's eyelashes are just like the Purezza's, though.

Bianca and Noir really don't actually look all that similar to me... I have both, and the only thing that seems the same with the two is the eyebrow style. I'm thinking of putting my Bianca up for adoption, although she is a beautiful doll. smile

Also, may I add that Adsiltia & Isolde and Clara & Chloi are like twins with different face-up colors? I think the blue and pink Romantic Alices were mentioned above already. Hmm... another pair of look-alikes are Kirakishou and Neo Noir. From what I've seen in pictures, their face-ups seem pretty similar, which is why I got a Neo Noir. yay (SO much cheaper than a real Kira!)
EDIT: Miku & Snow Miku, too. Tongue
Nella & Retro Memory Nella
Anyone else I'm missing?? LOL Besides the Regens, which are obviously supposed to look like the older Pullips.
(10-30-2013, 03:02 PM)*NatTheCat* Wrote: [ -> ]No, Mitzi doesn't look anything like Panda. (I've never had a Mitzi, but I used to have a Panda.) Mitzi's eyelashes are just like the Purezza's, though.

AHA! It's Purezza! She's Mitzi's faceup template twin.

[Image: 3063103883_9ef31da582.jpg]
Mitzi by pullip_junk, on Flickr

[Image: 217931474_d0f6d39ffe_z.jpg?zz=1]
Pullip Purezza by Natasja_75, on Flickr

(10-30-2013, 03:02 PM)*NatTheCat* Wrote: [ -> ]Bianca and Noir really don't actually look all that similar to me... I have both, and the only thing that seems the same with the two is the eyebrow style.

But also look at their lower lashes. Even though they're different colors (Noir's are variegated black and white), they start and stop at the same location/angle and have the same density. I thought it was well known that Noir and Bianca have the same faceup template -- maybe someone else can confirm? right

It makes sense that the repeat models of the same doll (Miku, Nella, the regens) have the same faceup because they're supposed to technically be the same character/doll -- those are kind of expected, I think. yay The ones that are surprising are the releases that are months or years apart, the ones that have a repeat/reused faceup template that we're not supposed to notice.

Clara and Chloi -- now they're an interesting pair. They have totally different faceup templates. Look at their eyelashes and the inner corners of their eyebrows:

[Image: 5456837558_cb4978f1de.jpg]
Alessa & Noella (Pullip Clara & Pullip Chloi) by -HanKyung-, on Flickr

[Image: 5499773696_7ac88ea7ab.jpg]
Isis - Pullip Chloi by -- Sid --, on Flickr

[Image: 5499174301_04708607e3.jpg]
Anastasia - Pullip Clara by -- Sid --, on Flickr

BUT -- you're totally right about Adsiltia and Isolde! I had no idea they were the same faceup template.

[Image: 3907136811_7fbab5149a.jpg]
lear - pullip adsiltia by kiteh milano, on Flickr

Here's another shot of Adsiltia that shows her faceup a little better: http://www.flickr.com/photos/chez-himitsu/3892431029/

[Image: 3413307202_1de260312c.jpg]
Isobel by ~hera~, on Flickr