Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Daily Photo Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
She is a very pretty girl, I love that she was united with Ken from your mother's collection. I remember when you first told about her. I am not good with words, but I just want to say that I am glad you found a very beloved doll to add to your collection.
Gorgeous new girl, Deadly! I hope she always brings you a happy memory in your collection and heart.

Rudy is happily awaiting his favorite season.
[Image: 2mgumva.jpg]
(09-29-2017, 07:32 AM)DeadlyNova Wrote: [ -> ]That is gorgeous!!! I don't know anything about butterflies, but that sounds interesting!

[Image: 36669835214_1845dcf942_z.jpg]PJ! by Haley, on Flickr
I recently got back into collecting Barbie, and a dollie friend bought me my dream Barbie as an early Christmas gift. <3

Meet Malibu PJ! She's so beautiful I can't even begin to capture it in photographs. I'm so in love with her.

PJ is very special, for a multitude of reasons. While I think she's probably the most beautiful Barbie doll I've ever seen and that is initially what made me want to add her to my collection, I remembered something else recently that makes her even more special to me.

Next month it will be one year since my mother passed away. She also had a huge love of dolls for her entire life, and had many favorite childhood dolls, some of which I purchased and replaced for her. She played with her Barbies so much that only one Ken doll(and a Luke Skywalker doll) survived. But her favorite childhood Barbie doll was Malibu PJ. Unfortunately, as I said, she was played with far too much and had to be thrown away long before I came along, but I still have her original Malibu Ken! PJ is very excited to be reunited with him.

I'm very happy with her and excited for her to be here. She's the oldest Barbie I have and it's so fascinating comparing her to dolls that came a bit later.

Also, it's technically fall now, but it was still 96 degrees today, so I can't blame her too much for going out in a swimsuit!
Thanks for sharing your story. I can appreciate how special this PJ is for you. She sure knows how to stay cool in style!

I still have my Malibu Barbie and my sister's Malibu Ken. They survived in better condition than some of my other Barbies because they were released near the end of my interest in playing with dolls as a child.
(09-26-2017, 11:44 AM)renlee83 Wrote: [ -> ]Purezza is all about the pumpkins.
[Image: r7rrqh.jpg]

How adorable! Pumpkins make a great photo prop for her. Such a cute fall girl. smile

(09-27-2017, 03:47 AM)renlee83 Wrote: [ -> ]Somedays you just need to squish a Mermicorno.
[Image: 2hclpio.jpg]

All about Tokidoki! They are both very matchy too. smile

(09-27-2017, 12:36 PM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]Great photos, everyone smile

We're hatching butterflies grin

[Image: 23491849108_69474eb168_o.jpg]

Such a charming picture, Alliecat! How gorgeous are they?! Heart

(09-29-2017, 07:32 AM)DeadlyNova Wrote: [ -> ]That is gorgeous!!! I don't know anything about butterflies, but that sounds interesting!

[Image: 36669835214_1845dcf942_z.jpg]PJ! by Haley, on Flickr
I recently got back into collecting Barbie, and a dollie friend bought me my dream Barbie as an early Christmas gift. <3

Meet Malibu PJ! She's so beautiful I can't even begin to capture it in photographs. I'm so in love with her.

PJ is very special, for a multitude of reasons. While I think she's probably the most beautiful Barbie doll I've ever seen and that is initially what made me want to add her to my collection, I remembered something else recently that makes her even more special to me.

Next month it will be one year since my mother passed away. She also had a huge love of dolls for her entire life, and had many favorite childhood dolls, some of which I purchased and replaced for her. She played with her Barbies so much that only one Ken doll(and a Luke Skywalker doll) survived. But her favorite childhood Barbie doll was Malibu PJ. Unfortunately, as I said, she was played with far too much and had to be thrown away long before I came along, but I still have her original Malibu Ken! PJ is very excited to be reunited with him.

I'm very happy with her and excited for her to be here. She's the oldest Barbie I have and it's so fascinating comparing her to dolls that came a bit later.

Also, it's technically fall now, but it was still 96 degrees today, so I can't blame her too much for going out in a swimsuit!

I'm sorry about your mum. I'm however glad that you now have Malibu PJ, such a sweet memory of your mother. You have an amazing friend too. I wish you all the best.
DeadlyNova, I'm so glad you were able to get a PJ and have that sweet memory of your mother! My thoughts are with you in this difficult time.
Still at it... only 3 butterflies left for this year. SOME day I'll get around to sorting the million pictures I've shot of them...
Pam makes a cute little fairy, doesn't she!

[Image: 23632280038_2e03c7204b_b.jpg]
So pretty! Those were some cooperative butterfly.
Pam is so adorable. What a lovely little flower fairy. smile
I'm having a Pang-ju party today.
[Image: 344wi1l.jpg]
Look at those cuties partying together smile I never saw them all together smile I wish I saw them in person.

We can never have enough of those butterfly photos Alliecat keep them coming

Martah, she matches the pumpkins so well I bet she likes those pumpkin latte smile
You guys know Mirabelle aka Pullip Yona is my first Pullip, I am so glad I asked you all first and got her before she got very hard to find. I dressd her in this top which is actually a dress for dal I got at PUDDLE. I found this fountain at 5 and under store for ... 5 bucks smile Actually hubby found it and got it for me.
sorry i cant post photos here often. I dont open my computer at home anymore.
[Image: 37393673666_c0888423a5.jpg]Untitled
That's so cute -- I love the little fountain!
That Pang-ju gang looks like trouble... LOL

Today's lesson, kids:
Don't put wings
or other tangly things
on dolls with ringlets!
Augh!!!! Rawr!

[Image: 23670804398_9e3fc13ca7_b.jpg]
Looks very pretty but I can imagine the curls +Wing combination and how many times you ha to adjust the ringlets smile
Gorgeous photos though
The end result is very pretty, Alliecat. Ringlets, I love how they look, but I'm not very good at not entangling them in doll stands, their hands/arms, and everything else.
Looks very magical!
Thank you guys smile
(10-07-2017, 12:14 PM)Cornflower Blue Wrote: [ -> ]Ringlets, I love how they look, but I'm not very good at not entangling them in doll stands, their hands/arms, and everything else.
This!! LOL I wanted to keep them perfect...
I didn't do any real arranging during the photoshoot, other than pulling them loose from the wing wires every so often. When she faceplanted in the moss I decided it was time to quit.
I *must* photograph this gorgeous girl!!, although when she arrived I said she wasn't going to have any roughhouse adventures, with that hair.
Tonight we did a quick-&-dirty ringlet repair. I don't think I know how to do it properly, but it does look a lot better now -- she really had some frizzies.

[Image: 37511265362_a1bec1ffb8_z.jpg]