Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Daily Photo Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Valkyrie Princess Tamaki is so cool! What a superb costume! And those armored boots!
Did you know it is possible to get a "Comfortable sunny day" in the mail???!
...no, neither did I LOL

[Image: 49290964677_c0ebef8ebe_z.jpg]
They forgot the "c".  xp

Aside from looking for dolls & teeny tiny miniature kits on Aliex-press, I slipped down the rabbit hole of cute shiny and plushy things.  Oh boy...  If you ever need plush-keychain pets for your dolls, this is the place to shop!
When they're only a few bucks each, how can you resist?
These two arrived yesterday.

[Image: 49290964447_57565311a8_z.jpg]
Mr "Comfortable sunny day" was just a whimsical purchase, and the face on the little caterpillar... squee!  LOL
They’re so cute, and they each have a friend.
if you happen to dig Engrish, well how about this;

[Image: USE%20EXPLANATION%203-28-19%201.jpg]

[Image: USE%20EXPLANATION%203-28-19%202.jpg]

[Image: USE%20EXPLANATION%203-28-19%203.jpg]

[Image: USE%20EXPLANATION%203-28-19%204.jpg]

[Image: USE%20EXPLANATION%203-28-19%205.jpg]
(12-30-2019, 11:21 PM)tasuke Wrote: [ -> ]if you happen to dig Engrish, well how about this;
That is some of the most entertaining Engrish I have ever read. Or tried to read!
Puissance? Oh... archaic: having great powerLOL
"Or... you... WILL suffocation!" sounds like an ominous Decepticon threat! Just before all muckamuck breaks loose!
LOL Golden!
LOL
I love this.
"Don't pointing to people!" is something I feel like I want to try out on the little kids at the library. Somehow.
And "don't let the children muckamuck" after I've shelf-read.
Am I the only one who thinks "In the light of arrows'' should be a fantasy novel title...? Tongue

Google Translate is better than this... isn't it? I mean, there's Latin and a couple of French words in there... I wonder what they're using?
I think there will be some Engrish in the instructions for the miniature kit I got, but nothing close to this.

And I don't know what it is, but I feel like I really need an Adhibit Paster. LOL
(It sounds like some stealthy sci-fi pocket weapon. You know, "He threatened me so I pasted him". xp LOL )
[Image: Mikuru%20and%20Multi%201-4-20%20RESIZE%2030.jpg]
[Image: Tamaki%20and%20Lucy%201-6-20%20RESIZE%2030.jpg]
Dramatic Disaster Goth

[Image: 64524845_1a0e70e6f7fa8117584b5a8ec9fdddc7_standard.jpg]

The opening two-part episode of this series of Doctor Who inspired me, and I knew I had to have a Master around Thirteen. Thus, this custom.

The head is from the Hasbro live-action Aladdin range, in particular the Jafar - I was so happy to learn that the turban was not molded to the head. The body is a MTM from the BMR1959 range, which is slightly off in the colour matching irl but not as noticable in the picture.

The outfit at the moment, I should ex.plain, did originally belong to the Jafar doll. However, it is very akin to formal Gallifreyan robes that I couldn't resist the image. I might try to construct the proper high collar from cardboard. The black cloak is totally just the Master being dramatic, though.
I have no idea who he is and what he's supposed to look like, but the custom looks cool!
Cool kitbash!

Was The Master brought back in the new season?
(01-09-2020, 05:17 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]I have no idea who he is and what he's supposed to look like, but the custom looks cool!

The Master on the Doctor Who Wiki. This is meant to be a kit-bash of his latest incarnation, played by Sacha Dhawan - as seen here. Admittedly, I don't have a proper outfit as yet, but it's coming! 

(01-09-2020, 05:53 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Cool kitbash! 

Was The Master brought back in the new season?

Thank you! 

He was, and he brought an on-going plot arc with him!
Thank you for providing the links! The Jaffar head you selected works as a "New Master" surprisingly well. Nicely done custom!
This is a great custom. It invokes the Master-ishness of him without being a direct copy of him.

I’m very interested in what the arc he’s brought with him this season. We watched the 2nd half of Spyfall last night and I was super excited about the references to the ancient times (maybe...)
Then I have to try to explain the 50+ years of not-really-continuity to Elfy. Which is almost impossible. Especially (when is comes to Doctor Who) I believe in “keep the bits you want, chuck out the bits you don’t” versions of it. And discrepancies are attributed to various Time Lords mucking around in History.