Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Daily Photo Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I see something blue! smile She makes a wonderful bride, just like your background. Her veil turned out really nice!
Trying out a new hat pattern...

[Image: 14330881982_ac945566a2.jpg]
by addiebabe (*˘︶˘*), on Flickr
thanks guys. actually it was the hardest thing to find Bridal Ballet Flats in 1/6,
but i had managed to get lucky on EBAY a while ago, and, with a little modification, i managed something close enough.

just wish i could find a source today for 1/6 flats such as these;
it seems 1/6 has rather went out of style in Asia, -with the proliferation of hyper-expensive 1/3 Dollfie scale-
making it hellishly difficult to find an awful lot of nice things in the 27cm size.
for the most part, i have to make nearly everything i'd like my princess to wear all on my own.

sure wish i could afford to step up to VOLKS Dollfie Dream... sure wouldn't have any trouble at all then,
sourcing stuff i'm unable to make. i mean, you want ballet-style bridal slippers? you can find them all day and night in 1/3 Dollfie scale,
and they look simply beautiful too... Alas i must make do with what i can at miniscule, unpopular 27cm/1:6...

[Image: MikuruAsahinaheartsBride6-2-144_zpsd556828b.png]
boodotcat, that hat is awesome!

tasuke, I have one pair of white ballet flats. I thought I lost one and tried to find a replacement set. It was impossible. It makes me wish I knew how to cast acrylic so I could make new shoes! I see you were looking for leather like ones. That must have been harder.
boodotcat, that hat is adorable and so is Blythe wearing it!

[Image: 14339391284_93b3728720_z.jpg]
Stepped outside to snap a quick photo of Tika, my Bobobie Sprite in front of the flowering Weigela. It's very windy today, hence the fur sticking up on top.
I love seeing everyone's lovely dolls! ^^ Cornflower, your Bobobie Sprite has such a rich skintone. He's gorgeous!

Here's a photo I uploaded today of my Ra Muw. I'm pretty proud of how it turned out. uwu

[Image: 14358945403_290bf60659_z.jpg]
Winifred vs The World by pixachii, on Flickr
^ That's cute. She looks like she's not quite sure she wants to set off into the big wide world, even though she's determined to do so...
It's so interesting to see everyone's different dolls all in one thread.
(06-04-2014, 06:05 AM)ByronicHeroine Wrote: [ -> ]tasuke, I have one pair of white ballet flats.I thought I lost one and tried to find a replacement set. It was impossible.
It makes me wish I knew how to cast acrylic so I could make new shoes! I see you were looking for leather like ones. That must have been harder.

indeed, hard plastic or soft vinyl just isn't realistic enough for me. i'm a demanding doller.

imitation leather was the best i could ever find. i'd love to find satin ones, and indeed i have seen many available to this moment...
for 15/20+ inch BUILD-A-BEARs and AMERICAN GIRLs...

actually, i have attempted to make some myself, -several times- and this is my latest attempt.
somehow they just aren't satisfying my probably rather unrealistic standards for something in so teeny-tiny a scale;

[Image: MikurusSlippersWIP6-4-143_zpsd5c7c318.jpg]

[Image: MikurusSlippersWIP6-4-142_zps9a670def.jpg]

- in an ideal world, i'd LOVE to be able to find or make something much like this for her;

[Image: MikurusSlippersWIP6-4-141_zps2e47d47e.jpg]

- alas, lovely little slippers such as those, made to such standards, is something surely only achievable at no smaller a scale than 1/3...
Introducing Rune! I did some minor mods.

[Image: 14379294266_ee2854e0fe.jpg]Introducing Rune by PaleAngelLex, on Flickr
(06-12-2014, 12:21 PM)ByronicHeroine Wrote: [ -> ]Introducing Rune! I did some minor mods.

[Image: 14379294266_ee2854e0fe.jpg]Introducing Rune by PaleAngelLex, on Flickr

ByronicHeroine she looks so cute.tbh I'm a bit jelly.
Ooh, she looks good as a blonde!
she does look good as a blonde. I would never have thought that, I see my Kuhn as exactly stock, down to the head eating hat LOL I don't have much imagination when it comes to fashion etc. I love Rune's tatts too, they look great smile

I meant to ask you BH, do you make any of your knit/crochet wear for other people?
(06-12-2014, 06:44 PM)Miss Edith Wrote: [ -> ]she does look good as a blonde. I would never have thought that, I see my Kuhn as exactly stock, down to the head eating hat LOL I don't have much imagination when it comes to fashion etc. I love Rune's tatts too, they look great smile

I meant to ask you BH, do you make any of your knit/crochet wear for other people?

I'm contemplating putting her stock wig back on. I do lover her stock look. I'm thinking the blonde is just going to have to be an evil twin look smile Of course if I do that, I'm going to have to actually get a second Khun, and that would be horrible!

And I do make stuff for other people. I'm very close to opening my Etsy store. I need to take some more pictures first, but now that the PUDDLE rush is done, I have the time. I'll bounce you a PM.
(06-13-2014, 12:56 AM)ByronicHeroine Wrote: [ -> ]Of course if I do that, I'm going to have to actually get a second Khun, and that would be horrible!

oh yes, that would be AWFUL Oh My Just like my twin Byul Leroys - Ophelia & Onyxx. I am a twin addict LOL I had to part with most of my "2nd dolls" but maybe, slowly but surely ...
She makes gorgeous knitwear! I loaded up at PUDDLE. LOL