Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Bristol Renaissance Faire 2014, August 23
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
The winner is August 23

It's time to start thinking about a meet at the Bristol Renaissance Faire on the Illinois/Wisconsin border! My weekends get scheduled fast. The poll includes the dates I currently have open when the Faire is also open.

Edit July 10: Last call to vote! We need to firm up a date soon.
I'll go once the date is set.
I'm unhelpful, because I can literally go any of the dates. Tongue But I voted anyway.
I can *try* for any of the dates in August. July 27 is the only one that's definitely out for me. I hope I will be able to travel back for it!
I voted, but I can probably make it to any of the August dates.
I'll request off once the date is set. I should be good as long as I know two weeks in advance. smile
I have a question: If I was able to take a train into Chicago, would anyone be able to pick me up? I'm still not sure about being able to go, but there are some inexpensive tickets I could buy so it's a definite possibility at this moment, if I can hitch a ride with someone. (If picking me up would be out of your way, I would be willing to pay gas money.)
If you could get to O'Hare from Union Station (blue line), I might be able to pick you up there. I do tend to try to get to the Faire around the time it opens (10 am).
I'm sure that I could get to O'Hare. If I can go, I will probably get there the day before and stay in a hotel so that I would be able to make it without being dead tired. Once the date is set, I will have a better idea of whether or not I can make it.
Can tickets be bought for any day admittion then? Like no set date tickets? Cus then I'll get mine regardless the date.
Yes, most if not all of the tickets are good for any day. I bought tickets last December! They do have some specials for the opening and closing weekends, but those may just be door coupons, I'm not sure. Just read all the fine print when you are buying online.
(06-14-2014, 01:32 AM)TrueFan Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, most if not all of the tickets are good for any day. I bought tickets last December! They do have some specials for the opening and closing weekends, but those may just be door coupons, I'm not sure. Just read all the fine print when you are buying online.

Thank you, that's helpful to know smile
Just chiming in to say that...Getting from Union Station to O'Hare is really easy! You just have to be sure you're not on the Metra train, or else you get stranded in Bensenville. Not the Metra. Do not take the Metra. But as long as you're on the right train, the CTV (I think that's what it's called) it's easy. smile
((We wouldn't have messed up if my parents left it to me to figure it out, I'm not bitter or anything, besides, we got to have the hilarious experience of riding three chubby people in the backseat of a tiny cab from Bensenville...)
I voted for 8/17 now I am not free that day. Can't seem to change my vote.
Pages: 1 2 3