Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Pullip and Dal Doll Lovers Event - June 4, 2016
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
The 2016 Pullip and Dal Doll Lovers Event will take place on Saturday, June 4, 2016, at the Holiday Inn Chicago-Elk Grove. Registration is not yet open (but don't worry - everyone who registers and pays by December 31 will receive a premium gift bag.) The theme is Space: The Final Frontier (space, space exploration, the planets, Star Trek, Doctor Who, Sailor Moon, science fiction, etc.). More information and an update to the website banner to come!
[Image: smbarrival19.jpg]

www.puddlestyle.com
#___# This year, I'm going to try to make it! The Little Twin Stars ai dolls should be done by then..! smile Maybe I could do something From the Earth to the Moon-inspired, too (a mini room-box? )

I looove this theme! smile
I wish it was closer, with that theme I would've been able to get the husband onboard.
(07-18-2015, 07:01 AM)fishy Wrote: [ -> ]#___# This year, I'm going to try to make it! The Little Twin Stars ai dolls should be done by then..! smile Maybe I could do something From the Earth to the Moon-inspired, too (a mini room-box? )

I looove this theme! smile
I'm not familiar with From the Earth to the Moon, but I say go for it! I hope we see all kinds of little known fandoms represented. And I hope you can make it!!

(07-18-2015, 07:06 AM)Marilyn Wrote: [ -> ]I wish it was closer, with that theme I would've been able to get the husband onboard.
People come from a lot farther away than New Jersey.
smile
Fishy, I hope you can make it! Dioramas was a contest category this year and I bet it will be one again next year.
Dioramas depicting Best in Theme!
2016 registration is open! Join us on June 4, 2016 at the Holiday Inn Chicago-Elk Grove for a day of contests, shopping, socializing, and making new friends as you chat about your Pullip family dolls.

Everyone who registers and pays by December 31 will receive a premium gift bag in addition to our best rate of $20 per person. There will be no premium gift bags available after December 31.
http://www.puddlestyle.com/register-now/

You can now reserve your guest room at the hotel as well. Details here:
http://www.puddlestyle.com/location/

Vendor registration will open soon. Based on feedback, we will be limiting vendor tables in 2016. 2015 vendors will be given priority.

Questions, please post them here!
(07-18-2015, 07:26 AM)TrueFan Wrote: [ -> ]People come from a lot farther away than New Jersey.
smile

What do out-of-towners do to get to PUDDLE? I just looked into airfare and nearly collapsed from sticker shock—the price for two adults is in 1/4~1/3 BJD territory Whacked. Amtrak is equally horrible unless I wish to spend 26 hours in a coach seat. Cry That leaves driving, but I think I'll be a puddle on the floor DOE if I end up spending thirteen hours driving the day before and another thirteen the day after. slash
Have you looked into MegaBus? It wasn't quite the most pleasant way to travel, but certainly affordable. Although that might leave you in a similar situation as Amtrak.
People fly, take the train, take the bus, carpool. It can be hard if you are more than a day's drive away. You can sometimes find fairly cheap flights on the cheap airlines, especially if you only bring a carry on (I know someone coming from Pennsylvania did that one year).

Also, people often share hotel rooms - with three of four people splitting the cost it's pretty affordable. The rooms are $89 per night plus tax.
(11-17-2015, 04:23 PM)Severity Wrote: [ -> ]Have you looked into MegaBus? It wasn't quite the most pleasant way to travel, but certainly affordable. Although that might leave you in a similar situation as Amtrak.

I just checked their website and Chicago isn't offered as a destination from any of the NJ origin points. slash

(11-17-2015, 11:17 PM)TrueFan Wrote: [ -> ]People fly, take the train, take the bus, carpool. It can be hard if you are more than a day's drive away. You can sometimes find fairly cheap flights on the cheap airlines, especially if you only bring a carry on (I know someone coming from Pennsylvania did that one year).

I thought checking this far in advance they'd show me favorable airfare rates, but funny enough it's the opposite. I could fly in December for $97 roundtrip Rb_bigO but June starts at about $290. Dead

I guess it's time to set some price alerts and hope for the best…
Is this event the same date every year ? It coincides with a work related conference.
Blargh. I probably wouldn't be able to get away anyway, but out of curiosity I looked up airfare, and from my corner of Canada it would be over $600. Presumably, plus tax. From the nearest American airport, which is supposed to be a cheaper option according to some people, it's $500, so the extra few hours' driving isn't really worthwhile.
Oh well. It sounds like fun. Maybe after I win the lottery and buy my tall ship and private island, I'll blow the small change on a trip to Puddle. slash
(11-18-2015, 09:42 AM)Offgenemi Wrote: [ -> ]Is this event the same date every year ? It coincides with a work related conference.
It moves around a bit, but is usually in early June.
Thank you for dollchemy.com and KiraKira for this huge donation of custom eyechips!
[Image: 23315751841_35d61119b3_z.jpg]
Dollchemy donation to PUDDLE 2016 by TrueFan, on Flickr
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11