Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: davidd's A Doll A Day 2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Inspired by DeadlyNova's A Doll A Day 2018 topic, I shall also attempt a "365 Doll Project" in 2018.

I posted this photo to Instagram yesterday. I actually started a few days ago with the intent to post a daily doll portrait for as long as I could maintain enthusiasm. But it will be more fun to participate on this forum.

For anyone who would like to join in, the concept is simple: take and post one doll or toy photo every day during the coming year. The idea is to encourage participants to be more active with their photography and in the doll and toy hobby.

Ideally, participants will take a photo every day. Life being what it is (messy and inconvenient), sometimes it is not practical to post a photo every day, so feel free to allow yourself a little bit of leeway. And no, each photo does not have to be an artistic masterpiece. Remembering at the last moment and snapping a crummy little cellphone snap of a doll sprawled on a messy desktop or stuffed in a box is all part of the process.

So, in Solidarity with DeadlyNova, both to keep her motivated and because I am inspired by her effort, here is my A Doll A Day 2018 thread:

[Image: jan1.jpg]
1 January: New Bratz Selfie-Snaps Yasmin

{EDIT}
I will attempt to keep a running tally of figures and accessories I end up buying over the coming year as a direct result of the A Doll A Day Project (with attribution for credit... or blame):
  • January - $30.00 - George Washington Barbie (x2) - DeadlyNova
  • February - $108 - Assorted Pinky Street Figures (x12) - Errrmm... kind of inspired by myself, I guess.
  • March - $15 - Halloween Enchantress Barbie - Miss Edith
  • June - $138 - Pullip Crimson Veritas - Alliecat
  • July - $136 - Pullip Crimson Veritas - yes, a second one; hoarding tendencies kicking in - Alliecat
  • September – $80 – Light Tent (not a doll, but used for doll photography) – Neon Jellyfish
  • October-November-December - Smart Doll x 2 and Pullip Amelias 3 and 4; but those were not directly influenced by A Doll A Day, so technically I do not need to list them here.
  • December - $20 - Monster High Freak du Chic playset (set only, no doll)
I'm excited to see your ADAD journey, and I'm glad to have inspired you!! <3

Your first photo is great! It's been a while since I've seen anyone take photos of Bratz dolls!
Yay! I'm not even gonna consider this; I have photos I took in the summer that I still have to sort!, but I'm looking forward to seeing what you post.

(01-03-2018, 05:15 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]And no, each photo does not have to be an artistic masterpiece. Remembering at the last moment and snapping a crummy little cellphone snap of a doll sprawled on a messy desktop or stuffed in a box is all part of the process.
Hahaha! It will be fun to see all the different dolls, figures, and so on smile
[Image: jan2.jpg]
2 January: Bratz Bratzillaz Midnight Beach Sashabella
Looking forward to seeing all your photos.
Yay another person to hassle encourage grin I love Bratzillaz, your Midnight Beach girl with the cat eyes is beautiful smile
She looks so cunning! But beautiful!
[Image: jan3.jpg]
3 January: Lady Action by Tonner Dolls
(The 2014 Lady Action figure is based on the 1960s IDEAL Toy Company Captain Action line)
Wow, she's gorgeous!!!
what a beautiful face!
I think I might just have to look into bratzillaz now!
YOu have a great variety in your doll collection , I am looking forward to see the rest. I love the bratz doll! She is gorgeous. Didn’t know they got inset eyes
[Image: jan4.jpg]
4 January: Furyu Fairytale Special Figure Series Super Sonico Mermaid
she is pretty & perfectly perched on the rocks smile Is she wearing headphones?
(01-05-2018, 09:49 AM)Miss Edith Wrote: [ -> ]Is she wearing headphones?

Yes, those are headphones that cannot be removed. The character was originally created by a video game company to promote a music festival, and headphones have been associated with the character ever since.