Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: CB's A Doll A Week 2018 - Complete!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
And now I'm even further behind, sigh...
[Image: 31319170788_ba24e5abdd_z.jpg]
ADAW 31/52: This is Amooooore Doll Maaaaay. She's ready for Halloween even if I'm not.
This is so cute! Genius lighting, genius colors, and adorable doll and props!
What a cute old-fashioned pattern on her outfit! The black cat box... is that a noisemaker?.. is an actual antique, isn't it?

The foliage background fading off into soft focus is especially effective in highlighting the figure.

This is a really pretty picture, perfectly encapsulating the Halloween season!
Agree, pretty colours and lighting. I've never seen one of these dolls before.
I'm not ready for Halloween either right
I've been pining for a Holala and lurking in their Facebook group where people have posted a few photos of these dolls. There are some available on Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/shop/Amoooooredoll They have tilt heads, but other than that her arms swing at the shoulders and legs at the hips and that's it. And she's very top heavy. She took a header off the deck in spite of me trying to stop that with the pumpkin.

The black cat box is one of those plain cardboard ones you can find at the craft stores. I don't recall if I got it at a craft show or a shop, but I was attracted to the vintage look of the painted image.

Oh, and I changed camera lenses. This one gives me that nice, soft out of focus look much better than the one I usually use.
They are cute! I really like the redhead. I wonder how successful the name is as a marketing choice though... people searching for your product, if they put in too few letters (or too many) would they find you...?
She's very cute, I like her dress matches the rest of the theme.
Aw, she's cute! I love her outfit and boots, too.
(10-10-2018, 01:59 PM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]They are cute! I really like the redhead. I wonder how successful the name is as a marketing choice though... people searching for your product, if they put in too few letters (or too many) would they find you...?
I thought the gimmicky name is really stupid, because I had trouble finding it myself. And then I tried to find the original post I saw on FB and again had trouble with the spelling.

I might as well add my contest entries from the Dal House Forum Dal-icious and Byul-tiful 2018 photo contest in an effort to catch up.
[Image: 44530620132_d33edb72b0_z.jpg]
ADAW 32/52: First Challenge: Who am I?

[Image: 44054686084_80107b9bce_z.jpg]
ADAW 33/52: Second challenge: It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year (May the 4th be with you)

[Image: 44974065992_64d0905f76_z.jpg]
ADAW 34/52: Third Challenge: Ride

[Image: 44470557494_959a140074_z.jpg]
ADAW 35/52: Fourth Challenge: The Great Outdoors
I really like the Great Outdoors photo! I love her natural-appearing standing pose and the excellent use of a narrow depth of field to accentuate the figure... and her little friend.

Star Wars Day as The Most Wonderful Time of the Year? LOL Okay, that could be (although I'm partial to Talk Like a Pirate Day myself).

Who am I? Pair of blonde-haired singers? Must be... Nelson!
Tongue
All of them are great, but Ride and The Great Outdoors must be my favorites!
They are all cute. Looks like a nice setting, in the 'great outdoors' one.
I love all her outfits, but especially the Great Outdoors one!
My favourite is the Star Wars once (cos I'm a giant geek that way smile )

And the singers one is super cute too
Thanks! For "Who am I" she's supposed to be a girl who likes to hang out with her friend and have fun singing and being silly. Nelson? I wonder how many of you got that reference.

[Image: 43820725920_2ed331064e_z.jpg]
ADAW 36/52: for Halloween, Josie is dressing as a witch. I think I posted this in the daily photo thread already. It was gray and overcast on this day.

[Image: 43906973370_d0e8be6d46_z.jpg]
ADAW 37/52: Smart Doll Summer is posing in front of the same burning bush, only today it is sunny. What a difference in how vibrant the color of leaves look when bathed in sunlight.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17