Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Round 53 Voting Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
You’re currently reading the Round 53 Voting Thread. This round’s theme, Favourite Scene from Fiction (book/movie/etc), was jointly decided upon by our Round 52 dual winners, s1dthesqu1d & Lejays17.

Please cast your vote for your favorite from the following three entries. Voting closes on August 17 . The person whose photo entry receives the most votes during the voting period will get to choose the next round's theme.

Here are the entries, in no particular order…

Bleach : Ulquiorra’s Death by NatTheCat
[Image: 44004348901_6abc2e7bfd.jpg]

The Sound of Music—Do Re Mi by Alliecat
[Image: 29033683807_b8f816446d.jpg]

Don’t Blink by Lejays17

[Image: 94db4da7e731dedfc570079ed3a0e5e3.jpg]
Alliecat, I absolutely love your lighting. Heart
Lejays, I really like the outfits you chose. :3
Nice entries. They're all fun and clever. I'm sorry I was not able to complete my project in time, but it would not have fared well against these fine photos anyway.
Nice job, everyone! I could not think of anything I could pull together quickly.
Nice photos everyone. It was lots of fun choosing what favourite bit of fiction to do, and I've got a few more ideas knocking round my head to do
This theme was really challenging to do. Anything more complex (i.e. all my other ideas) would require prompt crafting or ordering of things that I was not going to get around to yet!
Even if you didn't make it in the deadline, glad you guys are still here with us in the thread! :3
(08-15-2018, 10:58 PM)*NatTheCat* Wrote: [ -> ]This theme was really challenging to do. Anything more complex (i.e. all my other ideas) would require prompt crafting or ordering of things that I was not going to get around to yet!
Even if you didn't make it in the deadline, glad you guys are still here with us in the thread! :3

I rejected a few of my ideas for this reason - not enough time to get specific props etc.
I was fortunate that I already had the TARDIS (it's actually a biscuit barrel), so just had to look for the Angel outfits.

Can I ask what yours is? I'm not familiar with the title, but it's a beautifully atmospheric shot
Why aren't there hundreds of votes in this challenge? Where is everybody?

Then again... I went back and looked at the votes on Round 1 back in 2014. There were only 21 votes then. I guess still having more than half that many is pretty good. Plus, summer is usually slower on forums.

But I hope to see more votes and comments before the voting on this round closes!
It’s always so hard to choose just one photo.
LeJays, that little Tardis is amazing - I never would've guessed it was for food! x3

And thank you. :3 The scene is from Bleach, a shonen manga about a guy who gains spiritual powers and takes on the evil spirits. Basically, Ulquiorra was one of those evil spirits, and in the plot he is given orders to kidnap Orihime and takes care of her in that spirit realm. Ulquiorra's big thing is that he doesn't understand how the human heart works in terms of emotion. When he is defeated and his body begins disintegrating, he reaches out to her and asks a question. She replies and reaches for his hand, and that's when he understands what it is to have "heart." (Then he fades away into nothingess.)
If you want to watch it, the scene from the anime is on YouTube:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XgCzOP-QhDE

And yeah, Davidd, the photo contest has been pretty quiet. It picked up a little last spring, but it would be nice if we had more acticity!
Congratulations, Alliecat. Please think of the next round's theme and let me know.

I'm sorry this is so late. I'm away from home due to a medical emergency in the family. I have sporadic internet use. I mean, I have my phone, but typing the content for an entire thread is just not happening on a dinky little phone screen.
Oh no sad I hope everything will be OK. Wishing a quick resolution to the medical emergency and safe trip home for you. Of course you have to take care of things there.

Thanks for the votes! yay Nat, I shot a lot of pix as the little patches of sinking sun came and went through the trees. I was pretty sure when it finally hit the right spot that this was the one. I looked at the Youtube clip and you did a good job of capturing it. And Lejays, your little model indeed looks scared to move! Doctor Who is no longer on a channel I get, so I am at least a couple of doctors behind, from when this aired.
So sorry to hear! I hope all will be well soon. I also hope you and your family and friends won't be in harms way with the hurricane homing in on your state.
Oh, KiraKira, I hope the medical issue is out of the way quickly and everybody is on the mend and back to full health soon.
Stay dry out there; it looks like you may be getting a little bit of rain! sly
Kirakira I hope the medical issues are resolved and everyone feels better . I also hope the hurricane doesn’t impact you and everyone else in Hawaii adversely. Good luck.

Congratulations alliecat , looking forward to seeing your theme
Pages: 1 2