Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: davidd's Smart Dolls
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
The marketing masters at the Culture Japan Smart Doll Store have come up with a clever new promotional strategy: when you receive your shipment notification email, they generously include a link to an image of the items in your order so you can share with the world the exciting new goodies that are on the way:

[Image: smart_doll_order_19july2019.jpg]
18 July order, processed and on the way on 19 July

I missed out on the duster jacket during the recent "Time Sale." Now I have... had... a little bit of money, so I'm buying it at full price (more than I've ever paid for a jacket for myself) before it sells out like the first edition duster jacket.

I needed (wanted) one more pair of official Smart Doll shoes, which seem to be better quality (and provide more stable balance) than most aftermarket shoes, so that each of the girls can have decent shoes. Again, I have only occasionally paid more for shoes for myself. This Smart Doll hobby is quite the shakedown scheme.

But it's a "voluntary" shakedown, I suppose, so I shouldn't complain. Welcome to the exciting universe of First World Luxury Goods.

As for the "bewbs" (in Smart Doll Land parlance)...  Sweatdrop ... there's really no way I can "ex-plain" or "justify" or "rationalize" that purchase that will sound plausible, is there? So you'll just have to wait for the pictures.

The order is on the way. Previous orders, usually as a result of a delay in Customs processing, take about ten days to arrive. Factor in Mercury in retrograde lasting through the end of the month, and who knows?

Anyway, Culture Japan/Smart Doll Store now makes it easy to share photos of your Smart Doll orders! Fun, huh?
I hope the Customs won't cause too much delay. I'm curious about your milk girl! So far, I've only seen parts, so it seems like she has a bit of a Frankenstein theme going on... LOL
I hope everything gets through Customs fast enough
(07-20-2019, 04:07 AM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]I hope everything gets through Customs fast enough

Sometimes parcels are cleared in a day or two. Other times they sit there for a week or more. At least we do not get assessed import duty fees like some so-called "progressive" nations.
yay
You probably missed the post on FB about how people were posting the images of their actual order and leaving critical info on it visible.  Then Culture Japan started getting emails from other people using that info to cancel the original people's orders of limited merch so in theory, they might have a chance to order it.  Then it escalated to people trying to scam and have the order shipped to themselves.  So by providing what you have eliminates those types of scams.
[Image: september15.jpg]
Janie works on her list of projects

[Image: september18a.jpg]
Triv works on Janie as one of her projects!

[Image: september18b.jpg]
Who wants to be Triv's next project?

[Image: september19a.jpg]
Janie the Pirate – Now With Brown Eyes to Match her Outfit

[Image: september20.jpg]
Janie the Pirate – Full Length View... because those boots!

[Image: september19b.jpg]
"Say... I did a nice job on those eyes!"

[Image: september22.jpg]
Trivie tries the brunette look... and maybe, finally, is happy with her own eyes!
Are Janie and Triv still friends after the excursion into mad science?
(09-23-2019, 04:58 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]Are Janie and Triv still friends after the excursion into mad science?

I'd also like to know!
I would think Janie might be the slightest bit hesitant about it all...
(09-23-2019, 04:58 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]Are Janie and Triv still friends after the excursion into mad science?

(09-23-2019, 06:20 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]I'd also like to know!

I think we can safely say that they remain as close as they ever were.   sly

[Image: september24b.jpg]
Triv finds firelight fascinating
Got a budding pyromaniac there.
I must agree with Elfy, she seems overly fascinated by fire...
Beautiful photo! ...And I'm glad my dolls like to keep their distance from fire.
Seriously, Triv, back away from the fire. Trust me on this: fire bad, trees pretty.
Fun set of photos; is Pirate Janie now plotting revenge??
Love the lantern lighting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7