Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Neon’s A Doll A Migraine-less Day, More Or Less - 2019 edition!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have postponed catching up on your Doll A Day photos until looking through everything else I've missed on the forum because I knew it would take me a while. A long, very enjoyable while.
My impressions were summed up by Werepuppy:

(01-07-2019, 03:35 AM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]Oooh, they're {all} so stunning. Like hard to take your eyes away from stunning.

And as Alliecat says:

(01-19-2019, 09:32 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]And, there's another tempting photo of Cheshire Cat!

Add Eos to that, of course.

I don't know if I should be concerned or delighted about Her Insane Majesty's plan to have dollies take over the world. Of one thing I can be fairly certain: if she sets her mind to it, she will succeed! I shall try to stay on her good side this year.

The portrait of Freak du Chic Rochelle has me seriously coveting the entire Freak du Chic line, but especially Rochelle.

But... MEGA-HUG INCOMING!!! left me nearly in tears! Tears of laughter. Tears at the total sweetness mixed with humor of the photo. Tears of happiness at how you keep Monster High alive and vibrant and thriving through your photos!

And okay, now I need to know more about the "rather peculiar funeral home." I'm hoping that one of these days you begin to produce photo-stories featuring your characters.
werepuppy - this Rochelle was part of the playset, it was giant box with tiny window to view the doll on the side, so the doll wasn't the first thing you'd see. If I recall correctly, distribution across Europe was totally weird, so I wouldn't be surprised if the playset wasn't available in the UK (it sure as hell wasn't available in Czech Republic, and even in Germany, where I got mine, only some stores had it in stock).

Alliecat - thanks!

Elfy - thank you!

Lejays - Rochelle is a sweetheart, right? My Florianne is very friendly, but others tend to feel a little uncomfortable around her, except for Her Insane Majesty, more on that later wink

davidd - my, thank you very much! There will many more Felis and Eteri photos (all the better to enable you with, mwhahaha), as well as MH shenanigans. As for photostories, those probably aren't coming anytime soon, I can't come up with a decent story to save my life, but I do plan to introduce the characters in static photos. The biggest obstacle to overcome is to write it all in English, especially the preface describing the country they all live in... I'll get to it around the middle of February, when I'm done with Stars of Season 1.

Day 26

Now onto the 8-pics girls.

[Image: 11c16eabd1105a41e920b5221bc366c0.jpg]

Iselle <3
Ahhh, yeah I don't remember seeing the playset anywhere near me. MH distribution across Europe was just really weird in general. (I mean, to be fair, it still is with a lot of lines. It would be nice if the companies remembered they had an audience outside of the US market...)

Ooh, Iselle. Honestly, my first thought was to the Dickens' character Estella from Great Expectations. I think Iselle looks sweeter than Estella though they've both got this same quiet dignity to them.
That's so pretty! smile
(01-27-2019, 03:26 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]The biggest obstacle to overcome is to write it all in English, especially the preface describing the country they all live in....

Writing in English does not appear to present even the slightest of stumbling blocks to you. As a number of us have noted, your written English is better than that of most of us who are native speakers, and even those of us with university degrees in English or related subjects.

Your Iselle is stunning. Your photograph of Iselle is stunning She could be another one who tempts me, but I know from eggsperience that I have no patience for dealing with Pullips with frilly dresses and long hair, so she will be easier to resist.

She looks like she might fit in with your "peculiar funeral home."
I don't remember seeing Iselle before, but I do like her. I'm getting a ghost vibe from the picture.
Thank you guys!

(01-27-2019, 02:54 PM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Writing in English does not appear to present even the slightest of stumbling blocks to you. As a number of us have noted, your written English is better than that of most of us who are native speakers, and even those of us with university degrees in English or related subjects.

The thing is, you never see the brouhaha that precedes each of my posts. I need to consult dictionary about thousand times per post, check the grammar several times, look up English equivalents of Czech idioms... And the list goes on. It takes a lot of effort to make my posts actually make sense.
Neon, seriously. Your English is amazing. As are your photos. You are a being of many talents.
(01-28-2019, 03:11 AM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]Neon, seriously. Your English is amazing. As are your photos. You are a being of many talents.

Thank you!

Day 27

Another 8-shot girl, Iaso Feverfew. I don't play with her much, her joints are so loose!

[Image: 2d71fc6d797d303c327f3a5b774d1758.jpg]
Ooh, maybe it's just me but with her wide eyes and pale features, I thought she was a little ghost girl for a minute there
All the Freak du Chic dolls are gorgeous and this one is no exception. Iselle looks so gentle and delicate. Iaso Feverfew always seems a bit bewildered looking to me.
She looks sort of medieval, like a little page boy... page girl?

She also has the "goth-y" horizontal stripes thing happening which seems to be sweeping the forum, although in this case as sleeves rather than stockings.
Iselle & Iaso both are pretty - Iaso does look a little bit stunned, but I think all Byul's do smile
Thank you, guys!

Haha, yes, Byuls just look befuddled all the time, I believe that last year I titled one of Iaso's photos 'eternally discombobulated' or something like that...

(01-28-2019, 03:44 PM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]She also has the "goth-y" horizontal stripes thing happening which seems to be sweeping the forum, although in this case as sleeves rather than stockings.

You just gave me an idea...
I posted... it disappeared... I must've just hit preview twice.
Anyway, again... Iselle is lovely and I think the name suits her perfectly.  Iaso does indeed look like she might be a little ghost.

(01-27-2019, 09:19 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]... you never see the brouhaha that precedes each of my posts. I need to consult dictionary about thousand times per post, check the grammar several times, look up English equivalents of Czech idioms...
Haha, sounds like me writing a letter in French.  After I learned to type faster in French (and it really is different; the letter patterns are different) I just let the spell checker fix all the accents and grammatical booboos. I still look up a lot of words though. Your efforts are certainly well worthwhile.
Is there a Czech equivalent of 'brouhaha'?? smile