Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Neon’s A Doll A Migraine-less Day, More Or Less - 2019 edition!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Happy anniversary!
Happy Dolliversary!
Congratulations... on surviving ten years as a dolly hobbyist! LOL

Your Anniversary Day photo is absolutely fantastic!

Was Lunatic Queen the one who lured you in to the madness? If not, who was the doll that you consider your gateway into the hobby?

Let's hope... no, let's plan to all still be here to celebrate your next decade in Dolly-dom!
werepuppy - thank you very much!

Lejays - thank you!!!

kadytheredpanda - thanks!

Elfy - thank you!

davidd - thank you! The doll that I consider my gateway into the hobby is kinda hard to name. My doll collecting was triggered by dolls I never actually got - I was googling some jewelry and gothy and victorian fashions, and in the process I accidentally stumbled upon Marina Bychkova's Enchanted Doll and Evangeline Ghastly one evening. That made me dig up Barbies I have left from childhood, and that made me wonder what new Barbies looked like. So I went to toy store and found Fashionistas (at that time, they had articulation I've never seen on a doll before) on sale and got three of them (I no longer have them), just to enjoy the better joints.

I started another major hobby of mine just two weeks before that and I was completely absorbed by it, so I didn't really do anything doll related for the rest of 2009, except for getting four Moxie Girlz and oogling Evangelines and dreaming about getting one. But in 2010, Bratz relaunch happened and then Monster High stole the scene in an absolutely unparalleled fashion, and it was a dolly avalanche from there.

Frankie was the first MH doll I've seen (and immediately knew I NEED her in my life), and MH was the first brand that made me serious about collecting (as opposed to just picking random dolls in the store), so I guess there's that. Lunatic Queen was the one who made me want to start collecting Pullips back in 2017, though.

Day 46

My Catrine started showing first signs of yellowing, so I need to take more photos of her before she yellows completely. Makes me a bit sad.

[Image: c5589be50a10424dffbe53c0790be173.jpg]
She's such a pretty doll, shame she.might be yellowing
That’s a really cool intro to doll collecting you have.

Oh, that’s sad that Catrine might be yellowing. Is there anything you can do to “fix” her?
That is a lovely portrait of Catrine. Her pose looks so fluid and feline. She is quite an elegant creature!

(02-16-2019, 06:28 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]But in 2010, Bratz relaunch happened and then Monster High stole the scene in an absolutely unparalleled fashion....

Monster High is the line that catapulted me into the doll photography (and collecting/hoarding) hobby in a big way, that's for sure! Prior to that, it was Pinky Street almost exclusively.
Catrine looks gorgeous,mits a shame that she’s yellowing.
A belated Dolliversary! Catrine looks so serine.
Lovely photos!! <3 My favorites in the past few days are the horizontal black and white stripes and your Valentine's/Dolliversary picture! <3 Happy Dolliversary!!!
Many thanks, everybody!!!

Day 47

Freak du Chic: Noir
My regular FdC ghouls got plenty of attention last year, but I didn't manage to fit the Noir duo into the first milestone shot, so they ended up a bit neglected. I absolutely love these designs, I wish they made the whole line in the noir style. I have no idea how and where was the Noir sub-line distributed, I only remember that people had trouble getting these. Two online stores in Czech Republic got Twyla, and I asked one of them to try to get Clawdeen for me, and I was so happy when they did! I need to give these ghouls more love this year.

[Image: 751428fde73e337e6bd1d1e14907a029.jpg]
They really are such stunning ghouls. Your photography does them so much justice.
Beautiful portrait! These two must be scarce. Their prices on eBay are much higher than the other Freak du Chic characters, especially Clawdeen! That makes her a bit of a treasure; more so than she is already!
Honey’s hair really adds some height.
the Noir ones look amazing, the whole line really did - probably the last truly excellent line that MH did?

You were lucky the the store was able to order in the Clawdeen specially for you, so you could get the whole line.