Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Neon’s A Doll A Migraine-less Day, More Or Less - 2019 edition!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Such a lovely photo - there's such a sense of calm from it.
Lovely Victorian-esque portrait! Heart 2
What a beautiful photo! I'm getting Victorian vibes from it
Ooh, that's so pretty. It looks really vintage, like one of those pretty antique postcards or something.
She looks lovely with those flowers.
That’s very pretty, she looks great with all the flowers.
Thank you, guys!

Day 68

Today is Barbie Day, and the iconic bombshell celebrates her 60th birthday, and I wanted o do something little more spectacular, but I seem to have been bitten by a zombie and I'm exhausted from fighting the infection and trying to stay human, so just a very basic picture today.

[Image: 5ddc1a46076b1e987ca129ee5a20e79a.jpg]

She's Barbie Fashionistas 54 Tutu Cool from 2017.
(03-10-2019, 02:47 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Today is Barbie Day, and the iconic bombshell celebrates her 60th birthday, and I wanted o do something little more spectacular....

Happy Birthday, Barbie!

Yes, I agree, Barbie deserves something "spectacular" on this milestone birthday; my understanding is that the Empire State Building in New York City will be illuminated in pink tonight to celebrate. It would be difficult for any of us to achieve anything more spectacular than that!
Happy Birthday, Barbie!

Also: for a simple picture, it really shows off the doll well. I love the purple-grey of her hair, it's very soft
Frankie looks glorious in that dress, so chic.

A beautiful Victorian portrait of Iselle - antique postcard-worthy.

Sometimes a plain and simple photo celebrates the doll more than a spectacular one with lots of props and stuff.
Barbie looks lovely, the grey/purple of her hair looks so pretty (a lady I work with has similar coloured hair, and it looks great on her too)
Aside from the hair being purple/silver rather than the original blonde that’s pretty much the iconic Barbie and I think that’s an entirely appropriate way to celebrate her longevity.
Iselle is lovely! I think I said that last time you posted her.
I like Barbie's hair too.

(03-10-2019, 03:02 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]; my understanding is that the Empire State Building in New York City will be illuminated in pink tonight to celebrate.
Really? >goes away to google< Haha, that's great!
I wonder if Pullips will still be around for a 60th anniversary... slash
Happy birthday Barbie! To another 60 years!
(03-10-2019, 11:07 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder if Pullips will still be around for a 60th anniversary...  slash

If they ever go out of business, I'm gonna be eighty years old and running a recast(not for sale, just for me) lab out of my kitchen. ("Why is Grandma so weird? Why does she bake dolls instead of cookies?")

Hopefully they'll be as long-living as Blythe.
(03-10-2019, 02:31 PM)fishy Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-10-2019, 11:07 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder if Pullips will still be around for a 60th anniversary...  slash

If they ever go out of business, I'm gonna be eighty years old and running a recast(not for sale, just for me) lab out of my kitchen.  ("Why is Grandma so weird?  Why does she bake dolls instead of cookies?")

Hopefully they'll be as long-living as Blythe.

I can see Pullips coming back as a cult hit after being out of business for awhile like with Blythe. Of course, it'd be great if they make it to that time length, but few toys do.