Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Neon’s A Doll A Migraine-less Day, More Or Less - 2019 edition!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Love the use of shadows! Great picture!
I still prefer Snow, but Cindy’s scars look almost like a beauty mark or a cool tattoo.
Thanks, guys!

Day 72

Zombie apocalypse continues with OUAZ Little Mermaid!

[Image: 70fa01afbc01436d063a04bcfba3838c.jpg]

[Image: 5e43b790b5b4da1ccd7be1cbef3043f7.jpg]

And filter-less one:

[Image: e8c5da5b195e1a34f03afe5ead34a9ff.jpg]
Oh I didn't know they made a little mermaid one!

It's almost like she's a creature of the deep dark unexplored depths of the ocean... just lying in wait.
A mermaid zombie... LOL
I must admit to never having "got" the zombie fascination... but their eyes are pretty.
I like her belly scars. It's like a shark bit her.
Dramatically composed photo!
Love the costume. The zombie look on her puts me in mind of the mermaids in Seanan McGuire’s Rolling in the Deep.
(03-14-2019, 06:29 AM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]Oh I didn't know they made a little mermaid one!

It's almost like she's a creature of the deep dark unexplored depths of the ocean... just lying in wait.

They made six main characters / dolls - Snow White, Rapunzel, Belle, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella and Little Mermaid, these were released twice, first under WowWee, then the line died, then after a few years Pamson bought the the OUAZ brand, and they rereleased the main six girls again, Cinderella and Sleeping beauty have different outfits and Rapunzel's and Little Mermaid's dresses were also altered a bit, and Cinderella has different hairstyle. There were arts and prototypes for other characters, I remember Pocahontas, Tinker Bell, Princess and the Pea, Alice in Wonderland, Queen of Hearts and Snow Queen, and a boy, I assume he was Prince Charming... Pamson managed to release Zombie Alice, but they only made one batch of her, and after that the line died again. I didn't manage to get her. I'm not in a hurry, because OUAZ is a bit oversaturated with blondes... Not that I hate blondes, I just don't need so many of them.

I hope that when the trilogy is complete, it will help revive the doll line, I want them to release Pocahontas and Princess and the Pea, as the protoypes had darker skin, the Queen of Hearts, and I would love a Little Red Riding Hood and Hansel and Gretel in zombie form, and maybe some more boys, like pirates. I want zombie pirates.

(03-14-2019, 10:55 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]A mermaid zombie... LOL
I must admit to never having "got" the zombie fascination... but their eyes are pretty.

I'm not enamored with zombies per se, but zombie versions of fairy tale characters sounded like an utterly insane idea, and I like crazy things, and these dolls have adorable faces, so I fell for this particular line. Also, I like other supernaturals like vampires, witches and werewolves, and zombies usually come with these, so while I don't go specifically for zombies, I don't mind them, either. Although, I do prefer artificial beings made from pieces of many different bodies and reanimated by hazardous amounts of electricity... wink

And I love MH Ghoulia whether she's zombie or not, she's simply a wonderful character.

(03-14-2019, 11:08 AM)kadytheredpanda Wrote: [ -> ]I like her belly scars. It's like a shark bit her.

Exactly my thoughts!

(03-14-2019, 01:34 PM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Dramatically composed photo!

I originally wasn't planning on doing it this way, but I composed one of the trial shots for adjusting lighting like this, and I liked that, so I decided to stick with it.

(03-14-2019, 03:36 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]Love the costume. The zombie look on her puts me in mind of the mermaids in Seanan McGuire’s Rolling in the Deep.

Ooooh, I haven't read that one yet (trying to catch up with InCryptid first and keep getting distracted by gazillions of other books), but I'm definitely looking forward to it!

Day 73

OUAZ Rapunzel. Punzie and Belle are my favorite zombie princesses.

[Image: 7d17eef1afb1bfdc2464f2d436a03373.jpg]

[Image: 41b54f84bd9c25c4c45f9c3dc9edd5aa.jpg]

And the usual no-filter photo:

[Image: aa8fbbf526f245574a8f5731cc903e18.jpg]
Rapunzel looks like she's in shock, like she's heard something that has completely thrown her
(03-15-2019, 05:24 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not enamored with zombies per se, but zombie versions of fairy tale characters sounded like an utterly insane idea, and I like crazy things, and these dolls have adorable faces, so I fell for this particular line. Also, I like other supernaturals like vampires, witches and werewolves, and zombies usually come with these, so while I don't go specifically for zombies, I don't mind them, either. Although, I do prefer artificial beings made from pieces of many different bodies and reanimated by hazardous amounts of electricity... wink

And I love MH Ghoulia whether she's zombie or not, she's simply a wonderful character.
I'm similar. I'm not too big on zombies (I honestly feel fatigued of them at this rate; my brother is a huge Walking Dead fan). But vampires, witches, and werewolves? Sign me up, baby! Ghoulia is a total sweetie and one of my fave MH characters, however. As you said, she's a wonderful character.
I wonder what spooked Punzie.
I agree, the idea of zombie fairy tale characters is utterly insane, and appealing for just that reason! That the character designs are both cute and creepy while retaining the key elements of their fairy tale identities is a pleasant plus.

I did not know about these figures when they were originally released, and I do not have any of them. I see via eBay that there was an Alice in Wonderland version. Further research revealed that she was available only briefly, and online only, along with Belle from Beauty & The Beast. Alice is apparently quite rare and commands a premium price on the secondary market. The other OUAZ figures also seem to be holding their resale value rather well.

There was an accompanying series of novels. I do not know how many volumes were released. I see that the first volume won several YA book awards, both for the writing and for the cover design.
I bet Seanan would love your collection. Rolling the Deep is a novella, too, so won’t take long to read. You’d also love her Wayward Children series.
(03-15-2019, 09:18 AM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]Rapunzel looks like she's in shock, like she's heard something that has completely thrown her

That's interesting, she seems calm and even contemplative to me...

(03-15-2019, 11:17 AM)kadytheredpanda Wrote: [ -> ]I'm similar. I'm not too big on zombies (I honestly feel fatigued of them at this rate; my brother is a huge Walking Dead fan). But vampires, witches, and werewolves? Sign me up, baby! Ghoulia is a total sweetie and one of my fave MH characters, however. As you said, she's a wonderful character.

High five!

(03-15-2019, 12:25 PM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]I agree, the idea of zombie fairy tale characters is utterly insane, and appealing for just that reason! That the character designs are both cute and creepy while retaining the key elements of their fairy tale identities is a pleasant plus.

I did not know about these figures when they were originally released, and I do not have any of them. I see via eBay that there was an Alice in Wonderland version. Further research revealed that she was available only briefly, and online only, along with Belle from Beauty & The Beast. Alice is apparently quite rare and commands a premium price on the secondary market. The other OUAZ figures also seem to be holding their resale value rather well.

There was an accompanying series of novels. I do not know how many volumes were released. I see that the first volume won several YA book awards, both for the writing and for the cover design.

As I said in my previous post, they only made one batch of Alice, she sold out immediately, and there was supposed to be more (she was regular release, not intended to be limited) but the line wasn't doing well and Pamson went radio silent, then the line died. For the second time in a row. Quite ironic for the line of zombie dolls, isn't it?

As for the books, two out of three are out and this January, the author announced he's actively working on the third one. I regularly check for info on release date, so when I have any news, I'll post them in the library thread.

(03-15-2019, 02:44 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]I bet Seanan would love your collection. Rolling the Deep is a novella, too, so won’t take long to read. You’d also love her Wayward Children series.

I have Wayward Children on my wish-spreadsheet (yup, simple list wasn't working anymore, so I have a wish-spreadsheet sorted by genre)!

Day 74

My last zombie princess, Belle, whom I posted not too long ago, but I don't believe that things like 'too much Belle' exist.

I think (?) I've already shared this story, I hope you'll excuse me if I'm needlessly repeating myself.

My OUAZ dolls have a very special place in both my collection and my heart. When I learned about OUAZ (the original WowWee dolls), I immediately fell in love with the line, and then I found Pamson will be rereleasing them, and I was like little kid before Christmas, checking their facebook every day, hoping they'll post a release date (the line was postponed several times, totaling in two years of delay). Shortly before they finally came out, my boyfriend of twelve years broke up with me and I was absolutely devastated. My sweet mom knew I wanted these dolls, so she went and bought them for me, all six main girls at once (and she had to get them online, as they weren't distributed to stores at all)! As a band aid for broken heart yay
Later I realized that I wasn't happy in that relationship at all (seriously, what was I thinking all that time? Where did my brain go? And why it didn't even bother to show me photos from the vacation because it obviously wasn't in my head that's for sure) and that I much appreciate the extra space for dolls that he so kindly vacated for me wink
So these dolls are my reminder that when something leaves or disappears, it makes room for something better to come, and that there are people I can count on.

...Also, they're so darn cute!

[Image: 0c4424bd5ec631f3e4f1cf31de645ece.jpg]

And the pic without filter:

[Image: 9caf10302d01bc5b4641dd902621fac4.jpg]
That's such a story, I'm sorry you had to go through that but happy you have the dolls.

Also: Belle is such model material in those pictures. She knows the camera loves her.