Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Neon’s A Doll A Migraine-less Day, More Or Less - 2019 edition!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Love the idea of the coordinated Circus people!

Poor Frankie with her migraine, she looks very unwell.

ooh, davidd, that'd awfully macabre in regards to the picture of Cedar - no wonder Her Insane Majesty is keeping an eye on you at the moment smile smile
(03-24-2019, 03:22 AM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]Aw, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you or Crow >.<

And the cats look amazing! Steampunk Cheshire is one of my top to-gets.

Haha, no worries! I do love Cheshire, I'm really glad I was able to get her in the last preorder.

(03-24-2019, 03:29 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, swoon! Steampunk Cheshire is possibly the dreamiest Pullip ever! At least, she is the way you photograph her! Heart 2

And "whirly-twirlinator" is now a part of all our vocabularies, as a result of Crow's influence. If not a super hero, Crow is at least a super influencer... which probably means he should have his own Instagram account.

Thank you! Haha, instagram account for Crow is a fun idea, but I'm not even able to keep my account active, and I'm sure Her Insane Majesty wouldn't like the idea of someone else having an account, and if she and Crow both had their accounts, Cleo would start bothering me about it, and... well, you get the idea LOL

(03-24-2019, 09:16 AM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]I have the feeling that Steampunk Cheshire Cat (who as David says is an adorable Pullip) makes a more effective superhero than Whirly-twirlinator.

Well, maybe not exactly superhero... But definitely very effective wink

(03-24-2019, 02:05 PM)Cornflower Blue Wrote: [ -> ]Both of these pairings look like they were designed to go together.
(03-24-2019, 03:34 PM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]The colour-coordinated pairs are a great idea.

Thank you? I like finding these parallels between Pullips and MH.

(03-24-2019, 07:12 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]Love the idea of the coordinated Circus people!

Poor Frankie with her migraine, she looks very unwell.

ooh, davidd, that'd awfully macabre in regards to the picture of Cedar - no wonder Her Insane Majesty is keeping an eye on you at the moment smile smile

Thanks!

Day 83

Circus counterparts, day 3.

Noir

[Image: b7f9bc5af6e61c8bcff24ae1b97aaae9.jpg]
Purple and black, perfect pairing! And they're both wearing top hats!
It's almost this sense of a dangerous gentleman/lady thief team. They charm you and then steal from you, and you'd never even notice.
Top hats! They both look great together.
An interesting pair. I can't decide if they'd be running the circus, or as werepuppy thinks, charmingly robbing the guests LOL
I love the OUAZ pics and the more recent circus counterparts pics, especially the kitty ladies!
They’re a great pair, and they really do have the look of ringmaster and ring mistress.
Thanks everyone! MHs have nothing to do with it, but in my Pullipverse, the circus does have a bit of a shady side to it, so you're not entirely off (Orpheus - Tae Sebastian - isn't part of it, though. He's too busy in his and Salome's funeral home) wink

Day 8waytoomanyImean4

Circus counterparts, appendix. These girls aren't as perfect match as the previous couples, but still close enough, I think.

Stripes and rhombi

[Image: 6fa39f4183d6a6bdeeea54f3da51dd7b.jpg]
Stripes... and rhombi?  LOL  LOL  LOL

Despite years of school, of university, and even of teaching, the first time I see or hear anyone, anywhere, ever, outside of a textbook, use the word "rhombi" is on a dolly forum!

A dolly discussion forum! Where, y'know, the general public might ex.pect to see words like "diamond pattern" or "checkerboard" or something. Little do they realize the level of intellectual intensity that is a hallmark of this hobby!

I was having kind of a crummy morning, mostly as a result of dealing with morons. Seeing this "intellectually stimulating" post  LOL  has turned my day around! Thank you!

(Plus, y'know, there's that "mysterious circus style girl." Heart 2)
(03-26-2019, 02:37 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Stripes... and rhombi?  LOL  LOL  LOL

Despite years of school, of university, and even of teaching, the first time I see or hear anyone, anywhere, ever, outside of a textbook, use the word "rhombi" is on a dolly forum!

A dolly discussion forum! Where, y'know, the general public might ex.pect to see words like "diamond pattern" or "checkerboard" or something. Little do they realize the level of intellectual intensity that is a hallmark of this hobby!

I was having kind of a crummy morning, mostly as a result of dealing with morons. Seeing this "intellectually stimulating" post  LOL  has turned my day around! Thank you!

(Plus, y'know, there's that "mysterious circus style girl." Heart 2)

LOL I'm sorry to disappoint, but this isn't result of my intellectual ability, it's just my English again. I needed to consult dictionary, and rhombi seemed like the least confusing option to me  LOL LOL LOL
While the use of the word rhombi is fantastic - yay - I love the nervous air this picture has. It's like it's just before their first big performance, and they're all a bit on edge about it. You're really great at getting across the feelings of the dolls.
I like the contrasting hair colours and the somber mysterious ness of the Pullips contrasted with Rochelle’s bright perkiness.
Even though they aren’t as much of a match as the others are, I do like the last one a lot, the brightness of Rochelles hair contrasts beautifully with the darkness of the Pullips.
Rather than using rombi, Rochelle's equivalent to the diamond/checkered pattern is coffins! Hexagonal coffins. Not caskets, but good old-fashioned coffin-shaped coffins! How clever is that?