Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Neon’s A Doll A Migraine-less Day, More Or Less - 2019 edition!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thank you, guys!

(03-27-2019, 01:55 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Rather than using rombi, Rochelle's equivalent to the diamond/checkered pattern is coffins! Hexagonal coffins. Not caskets, but good old-fashioned coffin-shaped coffins! How clever is that?

Well, the... shapes are widest in the middle, and coffins are usually widest above center, but who cares about these little details. I WANT FABRIC WITH COFFIN PATTERN!!!!! For my clothes, for my curtains, for my purse...

Day 85

So today is Make Up Your Own Holiday Day. We tried to come up with one, but we couldn't pick just one theme... The ideas were:
  • another Halloween
  • another Goth Day
  • Creepy Circus Day
  • Fly To The Sky On A Broomstick Day
  • Striped Socks Day
  • My Day. That Is, A Day For Others To Celebrate Me. (Guess who came up with that one?)
So we decided to take a photo that would encompass all of the ideas.

[Image: 67d89ca1deff6493909d861edc0016fe.jpg]

And we filtered the heck out of it.

[Image: 717728ca36fc7c8073a54ad4972e1b58.jpg]

[Image: 32786d4a7135cf5f85975be4c3dc339f.jpg]
They really are a gorgeous lot - you've managed to pick Pullips that compliment each other perfectly. Even if Her Insane Majesty is still ruler of the roost.
What a lovey group!
Very dramatic group! And your trio matches pretty well too.
Great shot, very atmospgeric and of course brooding.
Filter the Heck Out Of It Day!    Tongue

This is such a stunning quartet! I want them alllll!!!!

Okay, I already have one of them; now I want the rest of them!

Actually, I want to be able to take awesome Pullip photos like yours that make me think I want the dolls.
(03-27-2019, 04:20 AM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]They really are a gorgeous lot - you've managed to pick Pullips that compliment each other perfectly. Even if Her Insane Majesty is still ruler of the roost.

(03-27-2019, 07:18 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: [ -> ]What a lovey group!

(03-27-2019, 10:08 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]Very dramatic group! And your trio matches pretty well too.

(03-27-2019, 03:54 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]Great shot, very atmospgeric and of course brooding.

Thank you all!

(03-28-2019, 02:40 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Filter the Heck Out Of It Day!    Tongue

This is such a stunning quartet! I want them alllll!!!!

Okay, I already have one of them; now I want the rest of them!

Actually, I want to be able to take awesome Pullip photos like yours that make me think I want the dolls.

That's a great idea for a special day! On the list it goes!  LOL
And thank you very much!

Day 86

Taking pics of Jane on a black background is tricky. Her leggings just... aren't there. I'll have to get back to it sometime...

[Image: 691c18cb067f94328e9389cdf3a96cb4.jpg]
Your Jane looks super confident, like she isn't afraid of anything. It's a very cool air to her.
The "disappearing blacks" of Jane's costume lend an artistic flair to the photo. The purples and blues really stand out. The picture looks almost like one of those old black light velvet paintings.
She looks kind of like she’s floating, so the background adds to the photo.
Thank you, guys!!!

Day 87

'Teaser'

[Image: 68be140cb065d97dbf2b12c28aad74e9.jpg]

I decided that the first doll of my second decade of collecting must be super-duper-hyper-ultra-mega-uber-turbo special, so I got this beauty. 
GOOOSHH I'M SOOOO EXCITEEEEEED!!!!!! I LOVE HER I LOVE HER I LOVE HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
She has nothing to wear, so it will be a while before she makes another appearance. But I really wanted to post her the same day I got her, so I took this teaser photo. Here it is without filter:

[Image: 7475ef8ad563224bca12ea5369215163.jpg]
*Runs off squealing from excitement brought about by the thought of a new Smart Doll*     Tongue

Super-duper-hyper-ultra-mega-uber-turbo special indeed! And... she's one of the smiling ones! With teeth!

(Must refer to the Smart Doll web site because I have not memorized all the faces....) ... FELICITY!!!!

This initial "teaser" portrait is totally gorgeous!

How exciting! Congratulations!

(Perhaps you will share the full unboxing sequence photos in the My Smart Doll: Box opening topic!)
Oh wow! That's amazing - how lucky are you, getting a Smart Doll!

... I need to put my sewing skills to good use here...
How fantastic a way to celebrate the 2nd decade of collecting. Looking forward to seeing what you do with her photography wise. Will you be calling her Felicity, or will she have another name?

Jane looks rather spooky floating against the black backdrop.
Ooooo! Congrats! And happy second-dolly-decade! I hope we'll see some adventures with her!
Do you have any fancy scarves? You can drape one around her so it looks like a gown, till you get her some clothes.
Enjoy!! grin