Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Neon’s A Doll A Migraine-less Day, More Or Less - 2019 edition!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OMG! You got a Smart Doll! I love this partial shot, such a tease.
(03-29-2019, 03:28 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]*Runs off squealing from excitement brought about by the thought of a new Smart Doll*     Tongue

Super-duper-hyper-ultra-mega-uber-turbo special indeed! And... she's one of the smiling ones! With teeth!

(Must refer to the Smart Doll web site because I have not memorized all the faces....) ... FELICITY!!!!

This initial "teaser" portrait is totally gorgeous!

How exciting! Congratulations!

(Perhaps you will share the full unboxing sequence photos in the My Smart Doll: Box opening topic!)

Thank you! Box opening photos aren't my thing, so I didn't take any.

(03-29-2019, 04:42 AM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]Oh wow! That's amazing - how lucky are you, getting a Smart Doll!

... I need to put my sewing skills to good use here...

Thanks!!!

(03-29-2019, 06:53 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]How fantastic a way to celebrate the 2nd decade of collecting.  Looking forward to seeing what you do with her photography wise.  Will you be calling her Felicity, or will she have another name?

Jane looks rather spooky floating against the black backdrop.

Thank you! I'll definitely give her a new name, but right now, I have no idea what will it be. I need to play with her more...

(03-29-2019, 09:58 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]Ooooo!  Congrats!  And happy second-dolly-decade!  I hope we'll see some adventures with her!
Do you have any fancy scarves?  You can drape one around her so it looks like a gown, till you get her some clothes.
Enjoy!!  grin

Thanks! That's an interesting idea, I must go through my stash...

(03-29-2019, 02:55 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]OMG! You got a Smart Doll! I love this partial shot, such a tease.

Thanks!

Day 88

[Image: 7418fc3cf8e53a19e05cb3af7973cf42.jpg]
It has come to my royal attention that there are groups of dolls on these boards trying to take over the world...

[Image: 11743a588a34ff1258de96e919833c33.jpg]
So I came to say...

[Image: d388f16d6c39c4a095d96a7b7c896fcb.jpg]
Good luck.
Oh, she looks so threatening in that last picture! It's wonderfully lit and has a real air of menace to it.

(Wednesday: I would like to see you stop me.)

((...Wed? Maybe don't be rude to Her Insane Majesty...))
(03-30-2019, 03:56 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you! Box opening photos aren't my thing, so I didn't take any.

From what I've seen on Instagram, "not taking any" is not an option.  LOL  You'll need to box or bag her back up and at least do a "peeking out of the bag" photo.
(I had to go back and complete my "unboxing sequence" retroactively.)

(03-30-2019, 04:22 AM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ](Wednesday: I would like to see you stop me.)

Wednesday vs Her Insane Majesty? This is an epic crossover smackdown I really wanna see!

I was wondering, after yesterday's teaser pic, how soon Her Insane Majesty would appear to remind us all who's in charge around here.

Not that such a reminder would ever be necessary.  Sweatdrop

(She truly is intimidating!)
(03-30-2019, 04:38 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-30-2019, 03:56 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you! Box opening photos aren't my thing, so I didn't take any.

From what I've seen on Instagram, "not taking any" is not an option.  LOL  You'll need to box or bag her back up and at least do a "peeking out of the bag" photo.
(I had to go back and complete my "unboxing sequence" retroactively.)

Well, instagram can do as it pleases, I'm not taking photos I don't enjoy... Also, no peaking out of the bag photos, sorry xp

(03-30-2019, 04:22 AM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ](Wednesday: I would like to see you stop me.)

(03-30-2019, 04:38 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Wednesday vs Her Insane Majesty? This is an epic crossover smackdown I really wanna see!

I was wondering, after yesterday's teaser pic, how soon Her Insane Majesty would appear to remind us all who's in charge around here.

Not that such a reminder would ever be necessary.  Sweatdrop

(She truly is intimidating!)

Her Insane Majesty said 'she talked back to Me? How adorable! Mark My words, that girl has potential! I'd love to invite her for a cup of tea and maybe teach her a thing or two.'
(03-30-2019, 03:56 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]It has come to my royal attention that there are groups of dolls on these boards trying to take over the world......Good luck.
PTFCo Mini Crew: "Thank you very much. We appreciate the encouragement." Tongue LOL
(03-30-2019, 07:08 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-30-2019, 03:56 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]It has come to my royal attention that there are groups of dolls on these boards trying to take over the world......Good luck.
PTFCo Mini Crew:  "Thank you very much.  We appreciate the encouragement."  Tongue  LOL

Her Insane Majesty congratulates PTFCo for deciphering the secret meaning of her message!

(I gave her a puzzled look and she said 'you wouldn't understand, you're not a redhead.' Well, she's called Insane for a reason...)
She looks downright creepy in that last picture, fantastic lighting there.

I tremble at the thought of her & Wednesday trading plans...
I just got shivers down my spine with that last shot of Her Insane Majesty.
(03-30-2019, 10:18 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]She looks downright creepy in that last picture, fantastic lighting there.

I tremble at the thought of her & Wednesday trading plans...

(03-30-2019, 11:47 AM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]I just got shivers down my spine with that last shot of Her Insane Majesty.

Thank you!!!

Day 89

I decided to try to find some nice scarves (thanks for the idea, Alliecat!) and take more photos with my Smart Doll (who still doesn't have a new name). I love her! I'm very impressed by her posing abilities, this photoshoot was super fun eventhough I have a migraine.

[Image: 040aeadc3c3ac666e7dc54bea84ae7ac.jpg]
She looks great in velvet.

I wanted to test her ability to stand on her own, so I tried some contrapposto poses - the key thing is that she mostly stands on one foot, with only the tip of the other touching the ground, all while her shoulders are off-axis (plus she's sporting the L bust!), so it would be very easy for her to keel over. She didn't.

[Image: 69ccf0ce6a113e5439d9594fcdffb427.jpg]

[Image: 785503f3f6ee2da2c59f9d4f538b9022.jpg]

[Image: e6c5a4bc989723f183fdc61e21671447.jpg]

And a slightly... hedonistic one.

[Image: bd7ec44bac01e179255192213321b961.jpg]
Oh, she is just stunning. Seriously, this is a girl who just knows how to look good - definitely the drape-y material kind. And her posing abilities are great by the sounds of it. Just... stunning.
Until she gets some clothes it’s togas all the way.
Wow, she is gorgeous! The first photo is my favorite-- love the color and the drape. Can't wait to hear what name you come up with.
Yay, you did it! She looks great. And wow, she sounds really tremendously poseable. (I think how frustrating my one BJD is) My favourite is the bright yellow scarf, but they all are cool. One imagines a centuries-past sculptor sitting somewhere nearby, chiselling her likeness in stone smile

(03-30-2019, 08:36 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Her Insane Majesty congratulates PTFCo for deciphering the secret meaning of her message!
xp LOL
I think you have found her wardrobe! After the yellow scarf-toga-sarong she doesn't need anything else! That look is absolutely stunning!

Extremely impressive first photo shoot with your Smart Doll. You managed to make her poses look quite fluid and relaxed and natural.

Wonderful lighting, too! (As always!)

(Will your Smart Doll get her own Instagram account?)