Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Neon’s A Doll A Migraine-less Day, More Or Less - 2019 edition!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your creativity and attention to the little details never ceases to amaze and inspire admiration.
(04-12-2019, 09:01 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ] Plus, you guys produce plenty of humor and delightful nonsense without me, so I could still have that even if I dropped this thing. I mean I do have heaps of fun with it when I'm OK, but right now, I'm incredibly weak and tired and my head is trying to split in two 24/7 and I can't even see what I'm doing half of the time, because migraine affects my sight...
 And the handles are sanded and, uh, stained? Like a polish, but it's semi-transparent and it soaks to the wood more?

(04-12-2019, 10:36 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]Random snapshots do count... 

The thing is... if this makes sense... you weren't here before you were here, so you have no way of realizing how much less active the forum was before you joined. Seriously... and this is not "effusive praise" or flattery or anything other than a statement of fact... your joining this forum almost single-handedly revitalized the place! Some of us were limping along last year with our Doll A Day / Week things, but after you joined, and posted your "catch-up" photos, and started sharing daily photos and commenting, the activity level here increased significantly. Previously quiet members reappeared, and new members began joining.

Like, werepuppy joined us from another forum, and Lejays brought in elfy, kanrabat found us, the seemingly shy tasuke began posting more often and responding to comments, and Dolly Market is now exhibiting a much more dynamic and lively sense of activity and fun than it has in ages!

So, like, no pressure or anything, but... we need you! Your presence has become a primary catalyst for the "humor and delightful nonsense" and overall liveliness of the forum!  LOL

(I really hope this recent string of migraines winds down for you soon!)

Oh, and yes, "stain" is the correct term for the wood finish you describe.

Also, as Alliecat says, "random snapshots do count." Hey, you've seen some of my photos. I know you set high standards for yourself, but sneaking in a sloppy shot of your dolls piled on your work table or the peg toys at the local market is totally acceptable, and would actually be kind of fun to see!
(04-12-2019, 08:59 AM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]...And, as we know, a library or book shop is just a genteel black hole that knows how to read...

Haha, so true!

(04-12-2019, 09:04 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: [ -> ]Another gorgeous photo! (And I adore Leigh Bardugo.)

Thanks!

(04-12-2019, 10:36 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]How absolutely lovely that your dad supports your hobby by making little props for you!  You can tell him everybody liked them.  smile
Sorry you feel so crappy.  Random snapshots do count... although it looks like you still put effort into setting something up with the lighting & all.  It's more fun when more people are doing it, so, I hope you do feel like continuing, & will have some better days soon.

Thank you! I'll definitely tell him!

(04-12-2019, 01:21 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]Your creativity and attention to the little details never ceases to amaze and inspire admiration.

Thank you very much!

(04-12-2019, 04:10 PM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]The thing is... if this makes sense... you weren't here before you were here, so you have no way of realizing how much less active the forum was before you joined. Seriously... and this is not "effusive praise" or flattery or anything other than a statement of fact... your joining this forum almost single-handedly revitalized the place! Some of us were limping along last year with our Doll A Day / Week things, but after you joined, and posted your "catch-up" photos, and started sharing daily photos and commenting, the activity level here increased significantly. Previously quiet members reappeared, and new members began joining.

Like, werepuppy joined us from another forum, and Lejays brought in elfy, kanrabat found us, the seemingly shy tasuke began posting more often and responding to comments, and Dolly Market is now exhibiting a much more dynamic and lively sense of activity and fun than it has in ages!

So, like, no pressure or anything, but... we need you! Your presence has become a primary catalyst for the "humor and delightful nonsense" and overall liveliness of the forum!  LOL

(I really hope this recent string of migraines winds down for you soon!)

Oh, and yes, "stain" is the correct term for the wood finish you describe.

Also, as Alliecat says, "random snapshots do count." Hey, you've seen some of my photos. I know you set high standards for yourself, but sneaking in a sloppy shot of your dolls piled on your work table or the peg toys at the local market is totally acceptable, and would actually be kind of fun to see!

That's the cutest thing ever! LOL
I seriously doubt that I have any magical powers causing people to join forums and post more, and it's all simply a coincidence... But thank you! You're too sweet blush

Don't worry guys, as I said, I'm definitely NOT going to drop out. I feel like it, but I'm not doing it - as I said, I know I will be happy that I completed this two times in a row, and I can't give in to my migraines, because if you do give in once, you're going to give in always. No, thanks!

Day 102

Last year this day, I posted this photo of 'shadowy' Twyla.

[Image: 71a2fa4da4281c8a80fb7ee8a0f4e4c0.jpg]

I like it, so I decided to give it another shot (teehee, I'm the queen of lame jokes!) today.

[Image: eb7e9305f8841910243ec2cbe3444cfc.jpg]
Verbal jokes in a foreign language! If I weren't so busy giggling, I'd feel intimidated by your vast intellect.

(Maybe that's a contributing factor to your migraines: your intellect is too vast for your brain to handle!)

((Joking about migraines is never funny, is it? Sorry.))

The three-peat of the Shadowy Twilas is super cool! Did you use UV light or anything special to get the hair to almost glow like that relative to everything else?
It suits the characters so well and is super spooky.
Seriously, it suits the character so well. Triple Twyla, coming to give you dreams... Or nightmares.
(04-13-2019, 11:58 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]((Joking about migraines is never funny, is it? Sorry.))

The three-peat of the Shadowy Twilas is super cool! Did you use UV light or anything special to get the hair to almost glow like that relative to everything else?

Au contraire! Joking about migraines is an excellent coping mechanism!
No, no UV (I don't have any UV lamps). It's just positioning of the main light and covering part of the tent so that the light comes from a specific angle.
And thank you!

(04-13-2019, 01:15 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]It suits the characters so well and is super spooky.

(04-13-2019, 01:18 PM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]Seriously, it suits the character so well. Triple Twyla, coming to give you dreams... Or nightmares.

Thank you both!

Day 103

I've been neglecting this gorgeous guy for way too long!

[Image: f69d5f24eb12393572004ecdb31206db.jpg]

Here's the gorgeous guy sporting lomo filter, because seriously, they invented that filter especially for him. There's no other possible ex$planation! (People who designed Lomo LC-A (released in 1984) were most likely clairvoyant.)

[Image: 4548ae9f8edfb4a21c6c19f1a9389e9b.jpg]
Lomo gives a sort of antiquated appearance to images, which is just perfect for your steampunk chap. I love the way the black of his uniform fades into the background, so only the metallic highlights are apparent. The effect is intriguing. Now I want to see this character in a motion picture.
LOL

(His eyebrows remind me a bit of the character "Maya" from the television series Space: 1999.)
I have no idea who this guy is, but he's very handsome. I wonder if he's ever used that fact for his own mischief...?
Very brooding, and I like the artfully tousled ‘do’.
Nice moody portrait. And fun black-light effect with the shadowy girls. Even if it isn't really black light smile
Beautiful lighting effect for the Triple Twyla - I would have guessed a black light or something similar to get it, not just clever angling of the regular light.

And he's such a handsome man, he should feature more often for sure
Thank you for your kind comments, everyone!

werepuppy, he's Taeyang Pluto from 2010 Steampunk Eclipse line.

Day 104

[Image: c4eb174a0b22b3cf3cf54aec8784304f.jpg]

I usually take photos of the 'long skirt side', so today it's the short one that shows her shoes. I love TC Raven, but I kinda hate that dress, it sheds glitter like crazy and I can never get it off of the background...
There's quite a lot of purple in your dolly collection, isn't there?

Another lovely portrait with beautiful lighting.
Ahhh, well he's very handsome.

TC Raven was gorgeous though I do kind of wish the more elaborate face paint had made it to the production dolls rather than the simplified version.

I like how you always get the posing so right