Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Neon’s A Doll A Migraine-less Day, More Or Less - 2019 edition!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is that the Frankie who lost her hand last year during ADaD?
The World Book Day is absolutely gorgeous - I love the dangling piece of lace over the black cover of the book.

And FdC Frankie is always great to see. (Elfy, yes, this is the one who lost her hand last year).
Frankie is cute. And it's a lovely photo with the book. She could be on a library promo poster.
Thanks, everyone!

Day 11111111565846165zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

I'm really tired, so just another late night shelfie with heavy filtering to camouflage the terrible quality...

[Image: 691da0c0d267e4baa7bcb783d26ea2e4.jpg]
Clearly they're in line for a late night showing of their favourite film. Jane's counting how many from the front they are
Ooh, werepuppy is right, the lighting makes it look like they're at the movies or watching television.

Yes, heavy filters are a valuable tool for a tired (or lazy, like me) photographer!
(04-26-2019, 07:28 AM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]Clearly they're in line for a late night showing of their favourite film. Jane's counting how many from the front they are

(04-26-2019, 08:44 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Ooh, werepuppy is right, the lighting makes it look like they're at the movies or watching television.

Yes, heavy filters are a valuable tool for a tired (or lazy, like me) photographer!

Isn't it fun how dolls that are simply displayed on the shelf can give us these oddly specific ideas? To me it looks like they're going to some rave-sabbath. smile

Day 116

I still remember the excitement when first pics of Dragon Games dolls leaked. MH Arena was still active, the thread was getting pages long and everyone was just looking forward to these wonderful new dolls... It felt great to be a collector back then. Sad things happened after that, but I still cherish the memory of seeing DG dolls for the first time and getting excited almost to the point of squealing...

[Image: 47dbc1e9e942c7a838a6d4b2be905b12.jpg]
DG Raven is the best Raven doll. Just... everything about her is so perfect.
She's gorgeous!
I love what they did with her hair.
The Dragon Games line broke my resolve to avoid getting involved in the EAH line. Raven has excellent armor, especially those shoulder guards!
Pretty. (Did they come with, um... dragons? LOL (Hey, I dunno; I don't know anything about them LOL )
And your shelfie girls do look like they're watching some late-night TV.
Many thanks, everybody!!!

Alliecat - there were two dolls in the Dragon Games line that came with dragon. First is Apple White. Her dragon is gold and white and very cute, and size-wise somewhere between big dog and small pony, so when the doll 'rides' the dragon, it looks like animal abuse. Apple has molded-on leggings, which is the main reason I don't have her (besides her being, well, Apple...), plus, giving a dragon to her was kind of baffling, because Raven had a pet dragon since the very beginning of the EAH story (although, Nevermore mostly appeared in books, not webisodes...), before they even came up with Dragon Games. Poppy came with a tiny baby dragon figure, I don't have her because she was store exclusive and never appeared in Czech Republic. There were also separately released bigger baby dragon figures. Dragon Games themselves are a mix of Quidditch and several mobile games, so while the ladies have armor, they don't have any weapons. The armor is magic and protects them from things the dragons spit out, mostly fire, but also ice and other stuff.

My head seems to be missing today, so I'll reply to other photo threads tomorrow, sorry!

Day 117

I'm afraid you'll be seeing a lot of these in upcoming days...

[Image: 51c30bebb434d410e383415e4c2fbf09.jpg]
Ooh, there's a very spooky air to this one. Kind of haunted figures in the dark.
Oooh, I really like that!

(Sorry it's at the expense of your head, though.)