Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Neon’s A Doll A Migraine-less Day, More Or Less - 2019 edition!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Today was Dracula Day? Why did I not know that? I should have saved my Draculaura pic for today!

(Yesterday was Towel Day, by the way; were any of you froods hoopy enough to sass that?)

What filter did you use for the "aged" effect? It's superb!

(Or is the first pic the original antique tintype, and the others are digital restorations?)

Speaking of Pullip hat sizes, does the Abe Lincoln hat fit your Smart Doll? I have found that Pullip hats... not that I have a lot of them, only Amelia's flight helmet... sometimes fit Smart Dolls.

(And I figured you'd get the Lincoln reference because you're not an American; Europeans seem better educated, generally speaking... altho' I know of a few exceptions.)
So why was today/yesterday specifically Dracula day?
(05-27-2019, 05:16 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]So why was today/yesterday specifically Dracula day?

Oh, I can answer that: 26th May was the date that Bram Stoker's Dracula was originally published. The book is now 122 years old.
Thank you all very much!!!

As for questions, werepuppy covered the Dracula Day one (who exactly started this and when is unclear, but usually, group of fans creates event on facebook or something like that, on a date pertaining to the thing they want to celebrate, and sometimes, it takes off and everybody starts doing it, and it becomes semi-official), as for davidd's ones - 

(05-27-2019, 02:57 PM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Today was Dracula Day? Why did I not know that? I should have saved my Draculaura pic for today!

(Yesterday was Towel Day, by the way; were any of you froods hoopy enough to sass that?)

What filter did you use for the "aged" effect? It's superb!

(Or is the first pic the original antique tintype, and the others are digital restorations?)

Speaking of Pullip hat sizes, does the Abe Lincoln hat fit your Smart Doll? I have found that Pullip hats... not that I have a lot of them, only Amelia's flight helmet... sometimes fit Smart Dolls.

(And I figured you'd get the Lincoln reference because you're not an American; Europeans seem better educated, generally speaking... altho' I know of a few exceptions.)

It was. I don't know. You should have.

(No.)

It's one of many noises from the Kalos Filter app for Android (although the 'restoring an antique photo' route would be much cooler!).

See below.

(You'd be disappointed, we only seem better educated from afar.)

Day 147

The Abe hat doesn't fit my Smart Doll, although my Smart Doll fits in the hat quite nicely. It was so hilarious, I had to take a photo. I added an apple to make it more Magritte*.
This is art, people! The Daughter of Man...

[Image: 988c99a7ed83cd07bacbf248f19c120e.jpg]

*The original Magritte's painting is The Son of Man.
... Okay, I laughed. A lot.
Ha!

Does anyone else remember a member here years ago who had a doll with, I think, an orange for a head? It reminds me a little of this smile
Oh! That’s fantastic! An excellent interpretation of the original work smile smile
Omg that's so funny! Amazing rendition!
I LOL'd too! Fun photo smile

(05-27-2019, 02:57 PM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ](Yesterday was Towel Day, by the way; were any of you froods hoopy enough to sass that?)
The PTFCo crew always know where their towels are. xp
LOL LOL LOL 

I can tell you why the hat becomes invisible in this photo!

Clever, adding the Magritte reference. Again, better educated.  Tongue

"The PTFCo crew always know where their towels are." Again, better educated. Tongue
The PTFCo crew are clearly hoopy froods. My favourite part of any of the Hitchhikers Guide books was always the hooloovoo (a super intelligent shade of the colour blue)
Thanks guys!

Day 148

[Image: 42866061e99db7ffbfabd98e75474557.jpg]

In case anyone's wondering - she's Make a Splash Spectra.
Those cheekbones! Always my favourite part of the Spectra doll.
The most stunning colors! Her cheekbones absolutely slay me.
Make a Splash? Another MH series with which I am not familiar.

This is a lovely, soft portrait of Spectra. She can often appear harsh or stern, but you have captured and conveyed her gentle side here.