Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Neon’s A Doll A Migraine-less Day, More Or Less - 2019 edition!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Elizabeth is GORGEOUS. I'll never stop kicking myself for not taking the opportunity to get her due to my anti-twilight phase. She's such a beautiful doll. But yes wine red does sound nice!
Yes, a dark red wig would suit her so much better.

She doesn’t look quite as sinister in the full shot as she does in the close up - I think it’s because you can’t see her eyes as well
I’m going to swim against the current here and think paler hair suits her better as it clashes with the eyes and highlights the colour against her deathly pallor.
Thanks, everyone! Given her part in the backstory, red/burgundy wig will actually make sense, plus, as I said, only about 1/3 of my pullips are redheads, and I ALWAYS need more redheads...(Sorry Elfy! LOL)

Day 152

Sick pic. I didn't have a headache in such a long time, I just had to have some today...

Token blue-eyed blonde. As you may have noticed, I'm not too big on blue-eyed blondes, but I still have some, and if blondes with other eye colors were included, I actually have quite an army, although I wish a lot of them had different hair color (like OUAZ dolls, Darling and Lagoona). But non-blondes are still a vast majority, so here's one blue-eyed blonde to represent the opressed minority.

[Image: d02f7ceccdae6fc315ab7b1755725b19.jpg]

I wanted to have all the core EAH sigs, because with my MH collection, having core sigs is a big deal for me (no idea why), but it didn't turn out the same way, and I only kept this doll because I love the face up, but other than that, I don't really care about neither the doll nor the character. So she might get a reroot and a different outfit at some point, and a new character, too. But it isn't a priority, and I definitely won't start doing reroots while I'm doing this challenge, it's enough time-consuming as it is.
Apple's signature doll is really quite pretty, but it's not the best Apple out there (again, I think it might be Dragon Games...)

No, I do get having the core sigs of characters - I have it a bit too. I often prefer the signature look over other releases, except in a couple of cases.
Apple isn’t my favourite EAH character, but I do have this version of her - she’s not currently wearing the outfit, in an effort to make her more appealing.

(My Blondie Lockes has been wearing Elissabat’s outfit for a couple of years for the same reason)
Nice portrait, with the lighting on her face. I rather like blue-eyed blonde dolls. smile I don't have many.
I think I agree about the red wig being a good match. There's 1 or 2 with red wigs on Pullippedia, but the photos are very dark so it's hard to get a good idea of how she looks. I do know that finding wine-red/burgundy Pullip-size wigs is really, really hard!! Well, unless you want to spend about $40 which I didn't ($CAD plus shipping...). I did finally find one for Daesani on Aliex/press so I hope it will be a good match for the one that had the, um, accident.
That’s a lovely and very traditional Apple with the way she’s been posed and shot.
Well, I think your golden-tressed Apple is beautiful, and embodies what a traditional fairy tale princess should look like. I'm glad her re-root will be postponed... indefinitely, I'm guessing, because after all, once the 2018 2019 Doll A Day wraps up, there will be 2020!

In this photo, you imbue the character with considerably more depth and nuance than she exhibits in the stock playline backstory (or in Werepuppy's amusing characterizations of her). She looks sweet, yet there is an aura of resiliency and strength to her, as though if she were pushed too far, she would push back... harder.

Your "headache day" photos are invariably captivating. This is an excellent example of that trend.

(The soft "modeling light" on her face is quite impressive! I have difficult avoiding overeksposed "hot spots" when trying to compose photos like this of fair-skinned and fair-haired figures against dark backdrops.)
(06-02-2019, 03:53 AM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]Apple's signature doll is really quite pretty, but it's not the best Apple out there (again, I think it might be Dragon Games...)

No, I do get having the core sigs of characters - I have it a bit too. I often prefer the signature look over other releases, except in a couple of cases.

I'm not sure which Apple would be the best one for me... Well, DG if she didn't have molded-on leggings, but since she does, I have to say Way Too Wonderland would be my choice (WTW dolls sadly didn't make it to Czech Rep., so I don't have them). But that might be a bias since I love the books...

In my case, it's not even prefering the sigs' designs, it's just important to have them (for example, I think SO Clawdeen is more 'Clawdeen' than signature Clawdeen, but I still need the siggy to feel good about my collection). Only MHs, though.

(06-02-2019, 10:14 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]Apple isn’t my favourite EAH character, but I do have this version of her - she’s not currently wearing the outfit, in an effort to make her more appealing.

(My Blondie Lockes has been wearing Elissabat’s outfit for a couple of years for the same reason)

I remember some of your redresses! Your Ash is wearing GG Rochelle's dress, right?

(06-02-2019, 10:53 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]Nice portrait, with the lighting on her face.  I rather like blue-eyed blonde dolls.  smile  I don't have many.
I think I agree about the red wig being a good match.  There's 1 or 2 with red wigs on Pullippedia, but the photos are very dark so it's hard to get a good idea of how she looks.  I do know that finding wine-red/burgundy Pullip-size wigs is really, really hard!!  Well, unless you want to spend about $40 which I didn't ($CAD plus shipping...).  I did finally find one for Daesani on Aliex/press so I hope it will be a good match for the one that had the, um, accident.

I know! And I didn't mean that blue-eyed blondes aren't beautiful, they are, but being a kid in 90s in Czech Rep. meant that blue-eyed blondes were basically the only dolls available, so I kind of got fed up with them, simply because there wasn't any variety (oh, but my mom managed to got me barbies with red, black, blue and purple hair! I was so happy!).

I saw some nice dark-ish red wigs on Leekeworld and Formydoll. But yeah, it will be pricey, but I made my peace with that.

(06-02-2019, 12:36 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]That’s a lovely and very traditional Apple with the way she’s been posed and shot.

Thank you!

(06-02-2019, 01:29 PM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I think your golden-tressed Apple is beautiful, and embodies what a traditional fairy tale princess should look like. I'm glad her re-root will be postponed... indefinitely, I'm guessing, because after all, once the 2018 2019 Doll A Day wraps up, there will be 2020!

In this photo, you imbue the character with considerably more depth and nuance than she exhibits in the stock playline backstory (or in Werepuppy's amusing characterizations of her). She looks sweet, yet there is an aura of resiliency and strength to her, as though if she were pushed too far, she would push back... harder.

Your "headache day" photos are invariably captivating. This is an excellent example of that trend.

(The soft "modeling light" on her face is quite impressive! I have difficult avoiding overeksposed "hot spots" when trying to compose photos like this of fair-skinned and fair-haired figures against dark backdrops.)

Sadly, her hair is so awful (never seen saran hair do this, it's more like a cheap nylon), I can't even brush it (it came that way out of the box), so I just model it into shape like a piece of clay and I hate it, so she will have to get a reroot.

And thank you! I'm glad you like my headache photos. I have another one today! Yaaay...?

Day 153

Wheeeee!

[Image: 24b1fee41de3011009411fdc81212f8c.jpg]
Ahhhh, Kitty is such a fun looking doll! You really got across her sense of mischief here
Yes, I’m amazed you remember that Ashlynn is wearing Rochelle’s Haunted dress. She still looks amazing in it.

Kitty always looks so mischievous and you’ve captured that so well here.
What a cheery photo! I don't know how you did this, but it's certainly a fun pic!
Now that is very Kitty. I assume you posed it that way because she can float.
(06-03-2019, 04:57 AM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]Ahhhh, Kitty is such a fun looking doll! You really got across her sense of mischief here

Thank you!

(06-03-2019, 07:17 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I’m amazed you remember that Ashlynn is wearing Rochelle’s Haunted dress.  She still looks amazing in it.

Kitty always looks so mischievous and you’ve captured that so well here.

That's exactly why I remember!

Thanks!

(06-03-2019, 09:40 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]What a cheery photo! I don't know how you did this, but it's certainly a fun pic!

(06-03-2019, 04:53 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]Now that is very Kitty. I assume you posed it that way because she can float.

Thank you both! The 'floating' is just black stand against black background and low ex²position wink

Day 154

This one is mostly just to avoid missing a day.

[Image: bc6e1afc2480b5af7564a12d648ad066.jpg]