Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Neon’s A Doll A Migraine-less Day, More Or Less - 2019 edition!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Love the effects on version 3... delightfully creepy!
Agree completely about version 3: delightfully creepy, and believably antique!
The third shot is the best one, it’s so charmingly spooky with that filter.
Thanks everyone!!!

Day 157

We had a beautiful storm today, and when I went to close the window, I managed to take a pic before the rain got too intense. The white ballance settings didn't have a good option for this kind of light, so even the default photo looks like it has filter. Plus I pasted vignette over it, because the top was a bit over-ex²posed.

[Image: b4b3d3ba14166d5ffd6c820b4364fd58.jpg]

And now the ones that actually are filtered!

[Image: 2564a0f339b9b20db3abc5a291884d89.jpg]

[Image: 71c78084e8f1cebf329670ab23684278.jpg]

I like this one the best.
Oooh that looks really cool
Absolutely vampiriffic! That was quick thinking to take advantage of the passing storm to create this moody monsterpiece!
That's really creepy! smile
This shot is absolutely beautiful, I love that you’ve taken advantage of the natural background to tale it.

She’s definitely looming over her victim there.
Thank you so much, guys!!!

Day 158

Time for another spooky shelfie...

[Image: b8902701f0dffada7bbaa4108cd760ce.jpg]

Here is the original pic:

[Image: ed575fae211404945beba331443a6d6a.jpg]
It's like we've just stumbled on to them when they were planning something, and they're all shocked by it
Whoa! Very Night of the Living Dead, there!
A fun series of spooky photos, and the storm one is cool! Sometimes you can get fun effects by shooting with the wrong white balance.
The wing shot reminds me of Dany in the GoT finale.
Thanks, everyone!

Day 159

I tried to take a serious photo today, as it is the World Doll Day, but, well, meh... I guess I'll stick to spooky shelfies for a few more days.

[Image: 9cf94f1418db8f9b8f125235612369ca.jpg]
Your Collectors Edition Draculaura seems more beautiful each time she appears.

This is a marvelously striking image, quite appropriate for World Doll Day.

Well... okay, maybe it's not totally appropriate for World Doll Day. WDD was set up to introduce and to share with children the joy of playing with dolls. These dolls are more likely to haunt a child's dreams and very possibly steal their souls.

Which makes them totally awesome and epic in my estimation.

Unfortunately, World Doll Day, which has been around since 1986 (33 years) has not quite caught on to the same extent as Talk Like a Pirate Day (1995), Star Wars Day (1979 first unofficial appearance, 2011 first official recognition), or Towel Day (2001).

World Doll Day website: http://www.worlddollday.com/

World Doll Day mentioned today in a blog post by Johns Hopkins University:  https://www.press.jhu.edu/news/blog/cele...d-doll-day

"This aliveness of toys is important when the young play. Dolls have tea parties. Teddy bears talk. Stick horses gallop. From the point of view of children, living toys actively participate in their lives; and toys do so, as it were, from their side and at their own initiative. This is a way of thinking peculiar to childhood, but not an unfamiliar one. Raise the subject at a cocktail party and some adults can still recall how, when they were young, they would check in the morning to see whether their dolls had moved overnight."

Yes, I so very often bring up the "aliveness" of my dolls during cocktail party small talk. 

"This is a way of thinking peculiar to childhood...." Yuh huh, sure. Obviously these snooty academics have never paged through Smart Doll posts on Instagram.
LOL

Thank you for reminding us about World Doll Day, and for posting such a hauntingly lovely group portrait.