Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Neon’s A Doll A Migraine-less Day, More Or Less - 2019 edition!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Even with the tinsel they look fantastic.

I particularly like the mostly-teal colouring of Nefera.
(07-10-2019, 04:14 AM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]The sisters looking glam.

More glam than anyone can hope to be.

For the benefit of flash photography... a five second pose.

Looking glam is one of their favorite hobbies!

(07-10-2019, 12:51 PM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]I read "shelfie" as "selfie," probably because now I am going to picture you looking a bit like Cleo and speaking with a Vampirish (and only slightly snobby... because Vampirish accents are supercilious by default) accent.

What, you don't read your comments out loud to yourself after you type them?  LOL It would be a good method for practicing your spoken English!

Lovely portrait of the de Nile sisters. Nice use of the coordinating blue colors.

Oh, I look nothing like Cleo. Everything about me is pale (except for dark purple circles under my eyes and my winter hair), to a point that doctors jump a little when they find out I'm actually alive... I'm also not particularly pretty. Not ugly, just average and maybe a little plain. Except for the whole pale-as-my-own-death thing. That stands out. My beauty is purely internal, springing from my crooked mind and my rotten soul, mwhahahahaHaHaaHaaHAAAAAAAAAA!!!

(07-10-2019, 04:18 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]The highlights in the hair and the indigo lipstick rock.

(07-10-2019, 06:11 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]Even with the tinsel they look fantastic.

I particularly like the mostly-teal colouring of Nefera.

Their color schemes are to die for!

Day 191

I needed my dose of GR Frankie. I freakin' love this doll.

[Image: 2c2fe16cc6e92c6c9060cb0d93b574ac.jpg]
She's GR-r-r-reat!

(Currently laughing too hard at "crooked mind and rotten soul" to come up with anything more!)
I kinda like the tinsel in those two.
GR Frankie always makes me feel a bit sad that the line never thought to give us dolls of the parents until the end. How creepy cool would have a Bride in the MH style been? Looking at this Frankie? It would be really cool
(07-11-2019, 03:06 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]She's GR-r-r-reat!

(Currently laughing too hard at "crooked mind and rotten soul" to come up with anything more!)

Thanks!

(07-11-2019, 03:29 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]I kinda like the tinsel in those two.

Tinsel can look very nice, I don't like it because it ages poorly and it's like a minefield when you want to brush the hair.

(07-11-2019, 07:11 AM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]GR Frankie always makes me feel a bit sad that the line never thought to give us dolls of the parents until the end. How creepy cool would have a Bride in the MH style been? Looking at this Frankie? It would be really cool

I was hoping a properly old-fashioned victorian/edwardian horror Frankie would happen as the next CE doll after CE Lala. But then they just had to go and kill the entire concept of CE dolls with the stupid reboot before finally proceeding to kill the whole MH. Grrrrrghghgh! Excuse me while I throw a tantrum...

By the way, did you know that Elsa Lanchester's wig in the movie was actually amber red with white streaks? THE BRIDE WAS A REDHEAD GIMME GIMME GIMME!!!!!!

Day 192

I don't even remember what I was originally searching for, but somehow I found youtube video of Starfield screensaver. Me and my cousins loved it when we were kids. We never played 'House', we played spaceship, using the screensaver as the front window, with bunch of various dolls, figures, stuffed animals and ourselves as the crew. Man, do I miss those days...

So I took this crappy photo, purely for the sake of nostalgy.

[Image: 44d207e6c3e39b009449b2a808f19c01.jpg]
Quote:Me and my cousins loved it when we were kids. We never played 'House', we played spaceship, using the screensaver as the front window, with bunch of various dolls, figures, stuffed animals and ourselves as the crew.

That is like the cutest little nerdy story ever! Awww :smile love the picture, too.
Novi Stars Anne Arctic looks fabulous against the starry night screensaver.

What a fun glimpse into the younger years of neon_jellyfish.
Ah, isn't childhood imagination wonderful! Sad that we lose so much of that. Sounds like great fun.
Cute story about you & your cousins. Love that you’ve always been a nerd too smile

Using a creek saver as a photo background is a great idea, I never thought of that.
(07-12-2019, 02:16 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Me and my cousins loved it when we were kids. We never played 'House', we played spaceship, using the screensaver as the front window, with bunch of various dolls, figures, stuffed animals and ourselves as the crew.

That is like the cutest little nerdy story ever! Awww :smile love the picture, too.

Thank you very much!

(07-12-2019, 02:22 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Novi Stars Anne Arctic looks fabulous against the starry night screensaver.

What a fun glimpse into the younger years of neon_jellyfish.

Anne looks fabulous against anything, she's such a pretty doll. Too bad she has almost no articulation - just her head and shoulders...

Younger years of neon_jellyfish were tons of fun. Aside from the spaceship, we also loved making temples with lots of booby traps (some of those really worked - nobody got injured and we didn't even break anything valuable) because of Indiana Jones and The Mummy movies, and we were "haunting" the attic... Aaah, good times.

(07-12-2019, 02:23 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, isn't childhood imagination wonderful!  Sad that we lose so much of that. Sounds like great fun.

It was! And I have to admit that eventhough I'm mentally still eleven, a lot of my childhood imagination is gone...

(07-12-2019, 09:07 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]Cute story about you & your cousins.  Love that you’ve always been a nerd too smile

Using a creek saver as a photo background is a great idea, I never thought of that.

Thank you!

Day 193

"They're very pretty, but the size is a tad off..."

[Image: 88235d9837affa1f63dd89c6d96239be.jpg]

I run out of coffee, so I went to buy some, and I came home with a new pair of shoes... But there was this absolutely awesome sale and I did actually remember to get the coffee, too, so overall, it was a successful day!
The colour match there is fantastic for Cleo - such a same they're a smidge too big
Ooh, pretty sandals! And they do match Cleo well smile
Looking at today's photo... marvelous color match between Cleo's outfit and her new, albeit rather large, shoes... I think your 11 year old imagination is alive and thriving!

Temples with booby traps! That sounds like fabulous fun! We were not that advanced, merely building castles and forts out of sofa cushions which would then collapse, "trapping" us.
Way more childhood adventures than we ever had at home, although we did a lot of outdoors stuff (camping & bushwalking/hiking) that did lend itself to other adventures.

I don't think I have ever gone out for coffee & come home with shoes, but that seems like an excellent shopping trip to have had. And the shoes are very cute, even if a bit large for Cleo smile