Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Neon’s A Doll A Migraine-less Day, More Or Less - 2019 edition!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Awwww, so adorabley cute!
Aw; they look like they're saying "Pleeease feel better soon and come play with us."
Hope you feel better soon.
Gorgeous. Dolls are made to be played with and photographed.
(07-16-2019, 03:08 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]The cuteness quotient is definitely maxxed out in this pic!

And Rochelle actually looks happy here! Heart 2

That’s what was “wrong” with the picture - she’s happy!

They’re a cute pair & hopefully are helping with the healing vibes
Thanks everyone! We have changing weather, so migraines are more likely to happen, but this time they're not that bad, I can still see with both eyes smile

Day 197

It's been three weeks since I last featured a redhead, so I had to fix it STAT.

[Image: 706784dab9bc15152f1274c913d4f26b.jpg]
"The scariest thing when the zombie apocalypse that turned us into zombies happened was that our shoes disintegrated within a second and our dresses were suddenly all torn and ripped..."
"Really? I think it looks rather cool! I tear all of my new outfits up a bit before I start wearing them."
Ah, those varied opinions on torn clothing...

(Might on on Toralei's side here.)
The "glowing" or "luminescent" quality of your lighting continues to amaze me. You've explained how you set up your lights, you've even posted a photo of your light box set-up, but I still think your results are magical. Like, any one of us can make marks on paper with a pencil or paint, but only someone with artistic talent and skill can create an artwork. You do the same with your lights and your camera-phone, creating miniature works of art using light as your medium. You have an innate talent and an eye for detail which you have cultivated with practice.

Plus, the caption is funny! Because, yeah, think about it. Most dead people are buried wearing very nice clothes, in comfy coffins to keep them clean and tidy. After the zombie resurrection, yes, they have to dig their way out, so they might end up dirty and disheveled, but their clothes wouldn't necessarily be torn. And shoes tend to be durable relative to other clothing items, so shouldn't the shoes be the last item to disintegrate?

Have you ever noticed, too, that most zombies in most zombie movies are young? If zombies are resurrected corpses, most of them should be old, right? Because that's who dies, mostly, old people. And if zombies are created when current zombies infect other people, most of the zombies should still be old, because young people can generally run faster than old people, so all the old people (and the out of shape people like me) would get caught first.

So yeah, young, trim, slightly sexy zombies are so fake!   LOL
@davidd probably because old people won't sell so using younger characters are more relatable.People want to see attractive characters especially fangirls and fanboys.(This is all speculation)Even though its messed up the characters died young.
Gorgeous pair of redheads swapping fashion tips smile
werepuppy - I like both frilly girly princess-y and ragged grunge-y styles, but can't say I look good in frilly princess-y, so if I had to pick, Toralei's wardrobe would be definitely the better choice.

davidd - thank you very much!!! If you ask me, your lighting is equally magical!
As for the zombie thing - in OUAZ canon, everything in fairy tale world starts rotting away and animals and people turn into zombies because text in all brothers Grimm's manuscripts mysteriously disappears, and the world loses its magic juice or something, so normal zombie apocalypse rules don't apply here, nevertheless, the 'no shoes' thing still doesn't make sense, other than saving on production costs.
In standard zombie apocalypse setting... Maybe only fit youthful zombies (gosh, that sounds stupid LOL), er, um, surv..iiive...???? Thrive? Jesus... Because old people couldn't really move that well even when they were still alive, and now that it's age and arthritis and weak heart and zombification combined, those zombies just fall apart right away? Yay? Nay? Hmm...
I've come to the conclusion that trying to make sense of zombie apocalypses only ever detracts from the fun, because there's no sense to be made anyways...

Lejays - thank you!!!

Day 198

I didn't have any ideas for today's photo, so I'm playing association game. Zombie!

[Image: 77a15c446a746b7f02a5ba804a717d81.jpg]
Zombie... stunningly gorgeous zombie girl in safari-style outfit... and full-on fashion photoshoot caliber lighting to emphasize her radiant beauty... oh! I feel, like, shortness of breath and heart palpitations coming on! Either I'm in love or I need to see a doctor.
Heart 2

Thank you for eksplaining the Once Upon a Zombie backstory. That makes sense for the OUAZ universe.

And your theory as to why we see fewer than eggspected elderly zombies in standard zombie movie and TV fare sounds plausible.   LOL
Gorgeous Ghoulia: crusading for zombie rights for-always!
I must admit to being in the "whyyy??" camp re torn clothing. Like with the kid at the market on the weekend where I said to myself, "If I was her mom I would not let her out of the house in that." LOL
Nice pair of photos, from the warm reds to the cool blues.
I love the pose holding the glasses.
(07-17-2019, 02:32 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]The "glowing" or "luminescent" quality of your lighting continues to amaze me. You've explained how you set up your lights, you've even posted a photo of your light box set-up, but I still think your results are magical. Like, any one of us can make marks on paper with a pencil or paint, but only someone with artistic talent and skill can create an artwork. You do the same with your lights and your camera-phone, creating miniature works of art using light as your medium. You have an innate talent and an eye for detail which you have cultivated with practice.

Plus, the caption is funny! Because, yeah, think about it. Most dead people are buried wearing very nice clothes, in comfy coffins to keep them clean and tidy. After the zombie resurrection, yes, they have to dig their way out, so they might end up dirty and disheveled, but their clothes wouldn't necessarily be torn. And shoes tend to be durable relative to other clothing items, so shouldn't the shoes be the last item to disintegrate?

Have you ever noticed, too, that most zombies in most zombie movies are young? If zombies are resurrected corpses, most of them should be old, right? Because that's who dies, mostly, old people. And if zombies are created when current zombies infect other people, most of the zombies should still be old, because young people can generally run faster than old people, so all the old people (and the out of shape people like me) would get caught first.

So yeah, young, trim, slightly sexy zombies are so fake!   LOL

I think someone pointed out about The Walking Dead that if it were Georgia at that time of year, the zombies would have disintegrated by the end of summer.