Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Neon’s A Doll A Migraine-less Day, More Or Less - 2019 edition!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ooh, the idea of werecats as acrobats is fantastic. Felis must put on an amazing show!
What an interesting glimpse in to both the operation of the circus and in to one of the genres of beings who call Oddwickshire home.

And oh, the breathtakingly beauties who live in this shire: Mlle Brasschester, Eteri LeBlanc, and the lovely Ms. Redburn!  Heart 2

Uhm... of course, they all pale in comparison to the Living Incarnation of Art & Beauty Embodied that is Her Royal Majesty.   Sweatdrop
Haha, she sounds very "cat"ish. Don't care what you think, say what they think, and then move on. Cats are so honest.
I think I would enjoy seeing a werecat performance. I like that rooftop chases are a "hobby" LOL
"Senior werecat" sounds like it would make for an impressive resume entry...
Felix would make a great acrobat, she and our Toni are definitely kindred spirits.
Of course the acrobats are werecats, it makes perfect sense.
(08-06-2019, 01:39 AM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]Ooh, the idea of werecats as acrobats is fantastic. Felis must put on an amazing show!

Thank you! Yes, she does!

(08-06-2019, 03:03 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]What an interesting glimpse in to both the operation of the circus and in to one of the genres of beings who call Oddwickshire home.

And oh, the breathtakingly beauties who live in this shire: Mlle Brasschester, Eteri LeBlanc, and the lovely Ms. Redburn!  Heart 2

Uhm... of course, they all pale in comparison to the Living Incarnation of Art & Beauty Embodied that is Her Royal Majesty.   Sweatdrop

Thanks!

Nice save!

(08-06-2019, 06:47 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]Haha, she sounds very "cat"ish.  Don't care what you think, say what they think, and then move on.  Cats are so honest.  
I think I would enjoy seeing a werecat performance.  I like that rooftop chases are a "hobby" LOL

Thank you! I was hoping she would come across that way.

(08-06-2019, 08:52 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: [ -> ]"Senior werecat" sounds like it would make for an impressive resume entry...

I know, right? After all, being able to actually control a group of cats is an impressive skill.

(08-06-2019, 03:53 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]Felix would make a great acrobat, she and our Toni are definitely kindred spirits.

Werecats tend to be like that.

(08-06-2019, 06:26 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]Of course the acrobats are werecats, it makes perfect sense.

Haha, right?

Day 218

Ciarán 'Crow' Crowther

[Image: eba91f0fb07c871b4af89fcd4aee6d75.jpg]

Ciarán is another waif. He’s from one of few human settlements in Oddwickshire forests. One night, all villagers mysteriously disappeared, all except for Ciarán, who was 9 years old at the time. He doesn’t remember what happened that night, he’s only sure that he fell asleep in his bed, but when he woke up, he was lying shrubs in the forest not far away from the village. After three days of waiting, he decided that nobody’s probably coming back and he should leave. He wandered through forest for several days before finally finding his way out and collapsing near one of Mme Butterworth’s airships. The circus ensemble unanimously decided to take the scary-cute little boy in.

At first he was helping with various odd jobs, but he soon learned to read and found out that he was a bookworm. He especially likes books about magic, and he is a talented student. When the troupe takes annual winter break from touring, he’s studying magic under various witches in Quirkmore, and sometimes even Rosamunda.

His magic shows are very famous worldwide, and rightfully so. He turns the circus ring into exotic islands, fairy tale gardens and dark spooky forests, other times he takes the audience under the sea. He pulls mythological beasts out of his hat and makes volunteers from the audience fly. Thanks to him, Mme Butterworth’s is the only circus in the world using real magic for the magic shows. And his magic skills make him invaluable part of the artifact acquisition team, of course.

He’s very similar to the twins, quiet and calm, in a somewhat sinister way. Folks from the ensemble often say he’s their lost triplet. They started calling him Crow, because it goes with his dark aura, and the word was already in his name.

Since my vampires can manipulate shadows, I kinda want a spectacular vampire shadow theater show for the circus, but I'm avoiding thinking about that, because it would give birth to a new character, which would then need a shell...
Erm... I believe you left out something, Crow's most noteworthy (and infamous) skill, talent, and tool: the SuperWhirlyTwirlinator!

(You didn't ex.pect us to forget, now, did you?)
(08-07-2019, 04:39 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Erm... I believe you left out something, Crow's most noteworthy (and infamous) skill, talent, and tool: the SuperWhirlyTwirlinator!

(You didn't ex.pect us to forget, now, did you?)

Of course I didn't ex²pect you to forget, but it's really not part of Oddwickshire, and I feel stupid for doing this to my character. It was meant to be just a little out-of-verse joke about his unmanageable outfit, but it somehow became all he can ever be on this forum. I wish I didn't post it.
Ooh, did his magic manifest the day the rest of the village disappear and he was somehow the cause if it?

A lost triplet? But wouldn’t he be much younger than the twins? (Or am I thinking that because Isul is the younger brother of Pullip?)
Ooh, it would be interesting to know what happened to his village and if his magic had something to do with it
Like others I’m also curious about how/why he’s magical.
And I wonder if your story world already has an ex-planation for what happened to his village, and if we'll find out...
Quote:Of course I didn't ex²pect you to forget, but it's really not part of Oddwickshire, and I feel stupid for doing this to my character. It was meant to be just a little out-of-verse joke about his unmanageable outfit, but it somehow became all he can ever be on this forum. I wish I didn't post it.

Maybe you should hand wave it as the circus is so popular it inspires fan fiction smile

I know you've posted pictures of Ciarán before, but this is the first time I've noticed the plume on his hat!
(08-07-2019, 05:03 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Of course I didn't ex²pect you to forget, but it's really not part of Oddwickshire, and I feel stupid for doing this to my character. It was meant to be just a little out-of-verse joke about his unmanageable outfit, but it somehow became all he can ever be on this forum. I wish I didn't post it.

But we love him for it. It would be interesting if he had somehow acquired an "enchanted" item of clothing that he has not yet learned to master. The could be a secret reason that he spends so much time reading about magic.

But if if the SuperWhirlyTwirlinator was a "one-off" gag that is not part of the in-universe character, and if you'd prefer we not mention it in the context of Oddwickshire, I would understand and respect that.

But please do not regret having made the Twirlinator posts. They brought a lot of fun and laughter to the forum.