Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: PrettyTiny Film Company Pic A Week *2019* (#.....52!! Dec. 24)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
OMG! A shot of an actual live butterfly with a doll. When we went up to Port Douglas the other year, we saw the Ulysses butterflies about, but were never able to get close enough to get a good pic of them.
I love butterflies;_; that one is beautiful it's my favorite color good job with the photo.The only butterfly that I have seen where I live is this small white one but it doesn't come around often.(I do not know its name )oh and at the exhibit at six flags with lots of butterflies.(which is not near my hometown)
Nature just can't help but pose for your photos, can it? Fabulous!
Ooh, a real proper butterfly with a beautiful flower too.

That’s so exciting - we get little white ones in the back yard but they won’t stop still long enough to take photos of.
Ooh, that is just stunning!
Love all the pretty layers to this picture... butterfly, flower, doll, fabric... a lovely composition!
Thanks so much, everyone! Heart
The white butterflies (at least in North America) are probably cabbage butterflies.

(08-13-2019, 03:08 PM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]You are able to raise Monarchs where you live? I can't even get milkweed to grow here, and it's supposed to be a hardy perennial.
That's weird.  A quick google says Monarchs & milkweed are found throughout Utah.  Are you trying from seed, or transplants, or...?

(08-13-2019, 04:01 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]When we went up to Port Douglas the other year, we saw the Ulysses butterflies about,...
Whoa.  They are gorgeous!

One should probably not be crawling around in wet grass at midnight when one is trying to get rid of a cold, but... ya gotta shoot when the light is right, right...?  I got damp, and fumigated by the mosquito coil, and sniffly again, and by the end, the rising moon was washing out the sky.  I'll have to try again another clear night, but, the bugs & the damp & a fragile model are not conducive to fun shooting.
There is clearly a difference when the power is on, but, let's pretend this is a lovely Pandoran sky and that no one had to photoshop out the light pollution on a few trees...

[Image: 48590358941_63beaffa9c_z.jpg]
I envy you the Milky Way. I've never seen it in person. And take a good care of your health!!!!!!
Oh, wow, that shot is amazing.

Take care of yourself!
I love the idea that Jakes is out at night, looking at the stars and dreaming.
Wow, that is glorious!
As werepuppy says, that shot is amazing! Very impressive! Good focus from the foreground to infinity, too!

Do I detect a growing addiction to astro-photography?
Thanks, everyone!  The focus does look OK at such a small size wink

(08-22-2019, 03:02 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Do I detect a growing addiction to astro-photography?
I've always liked it.  I miss my wonderful K1000 (have I mentioned I miss my film camera??)... I used to do star trails with it now & then.  I could lock the shutter open and leave it for as long as I wanted.  

We are busy raising Monarch butterflies again at PTFCo HQ.  Here's Samantha with an almost-grown caterpillar.

[Image: 48650230333_acc09f82be_o.jpg]
That is so cool that you are raising monarchs! I saw one... one... a few days ago, fluttering around our garden pond. As I've mentioned, I have not had any luck getting milkweed to grow. And now it's probably too late in the season to even bother trying.

Ah yes, the K1000. I had a Pentax ME Special Edition back in the film days, which was basically a K1000 with a fancy push-buttons to switch between aperture priority and shutter priority modes.
Samantha looks very serious about her caterpillar duties!

I have an aunt who raises monarchs and is very into it... apparently the caterpillars eat (and poop) a lot!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24