Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: PrettyTiny Film Company Pic A Week *2019* (#.....52!! Dec. 24)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
Happy H-ALOHA-ween, indeed! (I need to remember that brilliant phrase!) Your pineapple-o-lantern turned out beautifully! And what a nice top it has! The not-quite-ripe pineapples you described are probably better than the slightly soggy one I used for achieving more detail in the cut-out areas!

Nice work on the "vomiting" pumpkin, too! The crew look ready for tons of trick-or-treating fun!

Falling down the stairs... because you were distracted by the the pretty pictures on the steps? That would be a tragic consequence of your home beautification project!

I love that glowing carved pumpkin SO MUCH! Outstanding!
These are awesome!
Brilliant!
Lovely and festive all 'round, but I think the pineapple lantern is my favorite!
Thanks everyone!  The pineapple carving went really quickly and he's so cute.  I'd seen them once or twice online before but never had a 'push' to do it.  I just wish I had a warm beach to photograph him on.... ... slash
I love the 'vomiting pumpkin'.  I keep doing the same design each year cos it's funny.

(10-31-2019, 03:41 PM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Falling down the stairs... because you were distracted by the the pretty pictures on the steps?
Nope, can't see the risers going down... fortunately fell into the door from near the bottom, rather than losing my step at the top or I'd have gone all the way down & maybe still be lying there Oh My
The too-old unsafe shoes are now gone.

In other news, I can walk tonight, so YAY.  And a hat-trick of pic-a-week photos this week, with one more H-aloha-ween pic from my crew.
Pineapples and pumpkins are very different, but it doesn't mean they can't find something in common, and it doesn't mean they can't both shine a light.
...there's a metaphor here.... wink

[Image: 48993783073_a1574efc23_z.jpg]
Oh, the picture is so grin worthy.

And I am glad to hear you're walking a bit better!
I love it! Now I can't wait for next H-aloha-ween!

Nice capture of the lantern light in this pic!
Aw! Great group shot!
I love this! Given the season that Halloween takes place down here, pineapples are much more apt that pumpkins. I wonder if watermelons would work, too?
I bet that watermelons would work just fine - just look at the carved “helmets” the cricket crowds wear!

The pineapple is cute & the girls look very proud of their carving work this year.
Thanks everyone!  I'm always sorry to consign them to the compost; kinda hard to cut up something that has a cute face xp  ... but Mr Pineapple was yummy and Mr Pumpkin made 5 1/2 cups of beautiful puree, so they've been well used.  And yes, I'm sure watermelons would work -- have a google for all the incredible carvings people make with them.  Ew to the helmet, but interesting that you see it there too -- a Canadian football team has fans that do that.

This week, we be doin yoga with a lantern cos the power was out again.  But we are now officially back on mainland power after 4 months of "alternatives".  Let's hope the new undersea cable works.  (Oh, and now we can go back to having outages cos it's down on the mainland in winter storms. slash )

[Image: 49035955888_8a1d05fc0f_o.jpg]
Yoga by lantern-light! Amazing lighting on the figure! Love her purple Bruce Lee outfit!

And Triv approves of the use of fire for emergency lighting purposes!
Great photo. Looks like she's practicing martial arts! ?
Martial arts was my first thought, too. Tai chi? Another vote for the pretty karate outfit.
It sounds like a very seinsible thing to do by lamp-light, especially if you already know all the poses and don’t have to refer to the book very much.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24