Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Lejays17 Doll-a-Week 2019
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Lottie has claimed that skein for her own.
Well, she seems sure that one will be used for her!
Ooh, pretty yarn! Hope Lottie makes good use of it smile
She looks so happy with that skein!
*has no idea what a stitch marker is (other than what it obviously sounds like)* but it's cute -- makes a good doll charm.
Looking forward to seeing what you make with the yarn.
The metal bee suits her Victorian-steampunk style! And the yarn coordinates nicely with one of the colors in her dress.
(07-09-2019, 02:33 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]*has no idea what a stitch marker is (other than what it obviously sounds like)*.

And it's pretty much what it says on the tin - it's a "thing" that is used to mark the start of a part of knitting. I use mine to mark the start of a round (if I'm knitting something like a hat or a sock that doesn't need to be sewn together at the end), and also to mark repeats of a pattern within a round.
They can be made of anything, but I like mine to be a bit like jewellery, it makes my knitting look pretty smile

[Image: bc14c1f6500a317569d33c346aefa080.jpg]
You can see the markers ringing the beginning of this top I've done - this has a lacey pattern around the bottom, so I have a marker at each point the pattern repeats, so I can see easily if I've mucked it up.
Ah. Thanks for the ex.planation. It's like a big fuzzy charm bracelet! LOL
Becky has been very industrious today, she's knitted a jumper to wear to the Sheep & Wool Show next week.

I had a mini-skein of yarn that had short repeats of colours, which would look mottled in a people-sized jumper, but has turned into even stripes for a doll-sized one  LOL

[Image: 8fbfd41b5334473aec1fb2634f8c47ea.jpg]
Oh, how adorable! The blue goes nicely with her eyes.
That's pretty cool, that you didn't have to plan the stripes? It looks great, and she looks very happy with it. Nice colour combination between doll & sweater.
It looks really good, until you realize that Becky didn't actually knit that - a full-sized human did! Then it starts looking downright AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! Are those toothpicks?
Wow! 1:6 scale knitting! Somebody has impressive dexterity and enviable eyesight!
Thanks all!

Alliecat, it was a nice coincidence that it striped nearly perfectly when I began knitting it, I didn’t plan it that way at all.

Neon, they aren’t quite toothpicks, but not far wrong. They are 10cm (4inch) long double-pointed needles, I can’t really knit well with them - too short to handle comfortably - so I use them to hold stitches to knit with later. And they’re nearly the right size to use for Pullip props smile

Davidd, my eyesight is crap (without glasses, everything more than a half arm length away is blurry), but I can “read” my knitting by touch generally. Plus I have a good reading lamp for light at home.
On a small scale like this it can get fiddly to manipulate the 4 needles, but like anything it’s just practice.
Can’t wait to see Becky show it off!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25