Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Lejays17 Doll-a-Week 2019
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
And this Mt TBR is the easily-accessible one in the lounge-room - the rest of the Alps are in the Library...  (yes, we do have a room in the house that contains MOST of the books we own - there are also bookshelves in 2 other rooms and the upstairs landing, all full to overflowing).

It's a very large mountain of books even for human-sized people, let alone small doll-sized people  LOL LOL

I went on a fundraising shopping tour yesterday, and one of the stops was a Christmas Warehouse.  I found a couple of hats that I was delighted to find will fit on a Pullip head!

Nova is modelling one, it has a couple of jingle bells out of site - the other is also red, but has a large red/white bow on it.
[Image: e5e4bed0d5fd4561ef1702c79e8621bd.jpg]
Nova looks very festive in her red and green hat and her white dress.
Ooh, the hat works well on Nova
Cute!
Did you happen to be carting a Pullip doll along with you to check hat and clothing sizes, or have you developed a practiced eye for spotting things that will fit?

It's actually unusual to find a hat that fits Pullips and looks like a natural fit! This was quite a find, as it looks quite marvelous on her!

I'm guessing you're working on a plan to remove the clip without destroying the hat?
Nova looks so pretty... Now, where's the ultimate hat-snatcher? I bet she's lurking somewhere near...
(09-16-2019, 03:27 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Did you happen to be carting a Pullip doll along with you to check hat and clothing sizes, or have you developed a practiced eye for spotting things that will fit?

It's actually unusual to find a hat that fits Pullips and looks like a natural fit! This was quite a find, as it looks quite marvelous on her!

I'm guessing you're working on a plan to remove the clip without destroying the hat?

I was a bit lucky that they fitted as I didn’t bring any of the Pullips for shopping purposes. I do have pretty good spatial awareness, which does translate into sizing up props / clothes for suitability.

(09-16-2019, 03:37 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Nova looks so pretty... Now, where's the ultimate hat-snatcher? I bet she's lurking somewhere near...

Meredith was sulking on the table as Essendon (the footy team) lost their game and Evie was crowing about it as her team won LOL
I’ll put the other one on her to see what it looks like
Nova looks really cute and festive.
You can get the clip off by soaking the glue with rubbing alcohol. I've done it with the 2 pirate hats I got the girls. (The staff in the one store must've thought I was quite odd when I asked if they could measure the inside of the hat (it being a hardware store, they had tape measures) & ex'plained why LOL )
[Image: d5edbbef8b488cc4275b328a0d724457.jpg]

We have some lovely flowering trees in the backyard - we think this is a rhodedendron.  Whatever it is, Daisy is admiring it a lot. smile
Yup, to me it also seems like rhodedendron. Daisy looks very pretty next to it! Aaah, dolls and flowers... Heart
Daisy is a pretty little flower herself smile
It's fun to see the flowers emerging in your part of the world as growing things begin to go dormant here.
Aw! She's a cutie! Love her floral top.
Yep, it's a rhododendron. Something else I can't grow here because deer sad
Daisy's like a cute little flower herself.
The rhodies are quite pretty. What is it about hoofed animals and rhododendrons? My parents had one that never grew properly after a cow wandered into our yard and are half of it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25