Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Lejays17 Doll-a-Week 2019
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Cute lil Easter bunny. A steampunk-crew egg hunt sounds fun. Hope the weather cooperates for you, and have I said already, how cool I think it is that you & elfy can share this hobby! smile
it was quite a bit cooler this year for Easter - last year's eggs were definitely melting as I was doing the shoot.
It's been fun having Elfy more involved this year, we help each other with the photos, or give each other ideas.  Plus Elfy doubles as "the camel" when we go out, and does most of the prop-carrying.

That being said, Elfy & I live a wild party lifestyle (you know, the ones that end up in the local paper cos the police were called   Tongue LOL )

This Saturday night we watched an old movie, and took photos of dolls...

Roman Holiday title card
[Image: 838954249e931b9dd82bad3d9a1cce0c.jpg]

Kit recreating the movie scene - fortunately she didn't drive off the TV unit (like Anya did down the street)
[Image: e938de385689459959bf77ef2ac001e8.jpg]
(In front of the TV is my collection of MH blindbag minis, a Vinyl MH Ghoulia, a Hallmark Cinderella, and 2 Lilliput Lane houses - in case anyone is interested)
Monster High blindbag minis? YES, someone is interested!!!

How cute... and clever... that Kit is recreating the movie scene!
Wow, that's a lot of minis! You've got a whole theatre full there. And I have that movie! It's a good old classic. smile
(P.S. You guys would be welcome to party with my crew; it sounds like we have similar wild tastes. LOL )
(04-28-2019, 04:30 PM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Monster High blindbag minis? YES, someone is interested!!!

I know there's a bunch of MH fans here, so thought I'd pre-empt the question about what they are. I've got about 50 of them, a bunch of different lines. My favourite ones are the "Geek Shriek" ones - I have a double of Rochelle, so she travels with me when I go to off-site training sessions for work.

I might do a shot of my favourites for next week - they're really cute & quite detailed for the size they are.
Kit looks so focused on trying to replicate the scene! Also that seems to be a good sized collection of the minis you have. But, importantly, hope you enjoyed the film.
Kit did a very good job-- love their matching looks of concentration!
Awww, that's cute!
Kit was very intent on practicing her Vespa riding, it was fun to do.
And yes, we very much enjoyed the movie - we had never seen it before, and we had a lot of fun picking out the parts of Rome that we had visited a few years ago.

Uninspired photo this week - Lizette & Felicity chatting.
[Image: ee7b44ca6adc2be4f245df7b1e717332.jpg]
I would like know what Felicity is whispering to Lizette.
Their costumes are so beautifully detailed and their faces are so cute that the photo need not be fancy or "inspired" to be interesting!

I wonder what they are plotting.
Well aren't they two pretty little things...
Someone's trying to keep a straight face about whatever the secret is...
Agree, the detailed outfits are very nice.
Whatever the secret they're sharing it, it seems to be very amusing to them
They've been whispering to each other all week.  I'm sure that Felicity is going to be a terrible influence on the rest of the Steampunk crew, she seems to be the Take Charge person.

They are beautifully detailed - I've been procrastinating over getting Tiphona (Felicity) almost since I bought my first Pullip (I was originally only going to get one - if you could believe it  LOL Sweatdrop )  I do look at some of the older dolls, and wish I knew about the fandom much earlier, as some of them are so pretty and detailed!

We've been tidying up the house the last few weeks, and I uncovered the carrying case for the MH minis, which contain all the "signature" ones I have (plus 3 Space Ghouls for some reason)
[Image: 27a34b7b7035006d9f2ff05560162f9a.jpg]
For those who don't have a familiarity with every MH doll
Top L-R: Twyla, Ari (Spectra), Moanica, Skelita
Middle L-R: Venus, Gigi, Torelai, Robecca, Catty, Rochelle, Jinafire
Bottom L-R: Cleo, Deuce, Abbey,Frankie, Lagoona, Draculaura

Cellar  Happy L-R: Venus, Frankie, Catty

(not featured as I didn't realise they weren't in the case until I wrote them down - Clawedeen & Catrine)

And as a bonus, here's my collections of Rochelles
[Image: 8da332bb558b50440a7d0a89c26914ac.jpg]
L-R: Sig, Geek Shriek, Pattern, Getting Ghostly, SuperGhouls
(I have duplicates of Geek Shriek, and she comes along to my training sessions as a good-luck charm  LOL)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25