Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: dargosmydaddy's attempt at a doll a week...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
(08-06-2019, 04:36 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: [ -> ]As for the typewriter, it came from a great-aunt's attic and has been gracing my desk since last month... I have been planning a dolly photo shoot ever since! Googling around, I think it's a model from the 1920's... I wish it could talk (or produce it's own ghostly typed manuscript) and tell me it's history.

Based on a cursory glance through the Typewriter Database website (which I just discovered a few minutes ago), your typewriter looks as though it could be considerably older than your initial estimate; that is, pre-1910 rather than 1920s.

https://typewriterdatabase.com/Underwood.5.4.bmys

It is almost definitely an Underwood Model 5, which was the favorite typewriter of journalist and TV commentator Andy Rooney. If you can find the serial number you can narrow down the date on the website linked above, but at a glance it looks a lot like a 1907 model.

Very nice machine!
So, it’s a genuine antique?
Wow, thanks for that link, davidd... Potentially stupid question, but-- where is the serial number located? I just gave the typewriter a fairly good examination, including taking my life in my hands by attempting to tilt it so I could see underneath without dropping its insanely heavy weight onto any part of my anatomy, and I couldn't find one... I agree, it does look like the 1907 model. Whoa!
(08-23-2019, 02:45 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: [ -> ]... but-- where is the serial number located? I just gave the typewriter a fairly good examination, including taking my life in my hands by attempting to tilt it so I could see underneath without dropping its insanely heavy weight onto any part of my anatomy, and I couldn't find one... I agree, it does look like the 1907 model. Whoa!

I do not know where to find the serial number. I have not yet looked for one on my typewriter, either, for specifically the reason you state: the high potential for dire personal injury!

I found this online:

Serial Number Location: On the top right side casting just forward of the "U" shaped design in the casting. The model number is stamped on the panel inside of the forward end of this "U" shape section, being what would appear a continuation of the serial number.

And this:

Look for the serial number on the right top of the frame, under the right end of the carriage.
Nope, still can't find it smile I even tried Google images to see if it could show me exactly where I was looking, and... still nope. But it's cool to have a better idea of when it's from (and that it's older than I thought it was)!
Week thirty-four-- playing around with filters on Flickr

This one's for davidd... and now I can't get the Beach Boys' "California Girls" out of my head...

[Image: 48620620988_03c7b08f73.jpg]Daphne4 by tisue999, on Flickr
That's better than the dumb earworm I've had since I had the radio on earlier LOL
She does look bright and sunny. Very cute.
Califo-narnia strikes again!

Your Daphne looks more like what I think of when I think of "California Girls."

Fun "vintage snapshot" processing, too.
She really looks like a California girl!
I love the color palette of this pic!
Lovely dreamy colours there for the vintage look.
Oh the filter makes the colours look so nice.
Week thirty-five... Dallis and I both got new glasses yesterday, but hers are way cuter!

[Image: 48661909503_fff73b05f1.jpg]Dallis6 by tisue999, on Flickr
Aw. She looks adorable. Cute shirt too.
Cute glasses! I could use new ones myself, although probably not with pink frames.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27