Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Round 66 theme announced
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's hard to believe, but we are now at Round 66.  Thanks to all who submitted a photo entry for Round 65, and/or took the time to vote.  Congratulations to **NatTheCat** for her winning photo!  

**NatTheCat** has devised the theme for Round 66:  HAIR FLAIR!

***Please be sure your photo entry is approximately 500 x 375 pixels***

You may submit your entries to me via PM or e-mail. The deadline is 0:00 HST, June 24, 2019 

I prefer PMs, but if you are having trouble sending those, you may e-mail me. My address is as follows--just leave out the spaces between the @ sign.

justlikewasabi @ gmail.com

If you have a title for your photo, be sure to list it. It'll be just called the lackluster and uninspired "Untitled" when I post it in the voting thread otherwise. 

Unsure about the deadline? Here is a list of the equivalent times in a bunch of other places. Simply find the city geographically closest to your locale and use that as your submission deadline. (For what it's worth, I'm not a stickler for absolute deadlines--so let's just say if your photo is in my inbox when I get around to creating the voting thread, it'll get posted).

*Anchorage (USA-Alaska)--Monday, June 24, 2019 at 2:00am
*Los Angeles (USA-California)--Monday, June 24, 2019 at 3:00am
*Edmonton (Canada-Alberta)--Monday, June 24, 2019 at 4:00am
*Chicago (USA-Illinois)--Monday, June 24, 2019 at 5:00am
*New York (USA-New York)--Monday, June 24, 2019  at 6:00am
*Halifax (Canada-Nova Scotia)--Monday, June 24, 2019 at 7:00am
*London (United Kingdom- England)-- June 24, 2019 at 11:00am
*Adelaide (Australia-South Australia)--June 24, 2019 at 8:00pm
Deadline's coming up soon. Reminder bump!
Oh my goodness. I forgot all about this!! O.o. (Probably doesn't help I have no ideas for my own theme. right.)
Sent one.
Thank you, Alliecat.

Since that was the sole entry received, I'll extend it until I get at least another entry so that we can call this a proper contest in which to cast votes...
Oh dear.
Come on, you guys! Let's have a contest! grin
I just took photos. Will edit and send in mine. :3
Maybe the theme was too "easy?" I thought it'd be a nice break from the more challenging themes, but even I had no inspiration until today. Sweatdrop.
After supper and many miscellaneous doll distractions later, I have finally sent in my entry. Tongue. Anyone else? :3
We were completely uninspired this round - I realised I don’t really play with the dolls hair much, except for gentle straightening if it gets too mussy. So I don’t have many (any LOL ) hair things.
Sorry I picked a dud theme. sad.

I mean, I kinda figured that even if it was just a pic of a doll showing off/playing with their hair, that would be nice and simple, but I guess that does sound... pretty boring. Sweatdrop.
(06-26-2019, 02:09 AM)*NatTheCat* Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry I picked a dud theme. sad.

Nope, not a dud theme at all. This has been a dud week, at least for me. Maybe if the theme had been "plumbing repairs" or "bathroom remodeling."

I thought this theme would attract a goodly number of entries.
(06-26-2019, 02:09 AM)*NatTheCat* Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry I picked a dud theme. sad.

I mean, I kinda figured that even if it was just a pic of a doll showing off/playing with their hair, that would be nice and simple, but I guess that does sound... pretty boring. Sweatdrop.

Not a dud theme!! I did try to think of something over the weekend, but came up empty.
I found a solitary butterfly charm I had in my hair for my wedding, but couldn’t find any others or I would have bunged them in someone’s hair & taken a photo.

And sometimes the simplest sounding idea is the hardest to think of something for.
OK...I guess I'll be posting the voting thread soonish...