Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Summer dolly projects
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Your curly-haired girls are all so chic. I could never keep such a wig neat. I'll have to admire others' styling.
Your Tae is nice -- very natural look.
I feel like the majority of my girls' hair is always a mess, so I'm glad it doesn't translate that way in photos smile
I posted about this girl back in February... she was listed as simply "Pullip" on ebay, and had only one not-so-great (or close up) picture with the listing, which I think is the reason I was the only bidder. She was quite the bargain! I have yet to discover who customized her, but it's a very nicely done face-up. She came with these chips, and a long, wavy/ frizzy pale pink wig, both of which I ditched.

[Image: 49554895702_eb335fa4b2_z.jpg]custom head by...? by tisue999, on Flickr

ETA, here is the original listing pic:
[Image: s-l140.jpg]

It took awhile, but I finally rechipped and rewigged her, and I'm really pleased with the results! Meet Adri. (Her wig isn't actually two-toned, it just looks that way in the picture for some reason.)

[Image: 74406557_1226625154c8b3a8483380258cfb4e01_large.jpg]
I love her! It looks like she *could* be from myufish, although it's hard to tell without a closer closeup.
Slightly better close-up (I hope)

[Image: 74413186_c2014ebd85c2c5ca831a30710b80c077_standard.jpg]

I did think of myufish, but she tends to do more lower lashes... though maybe whoever commissioned this asked for a specific style. And this doll of myufish's does look similar in terms of the eyebrows and the dots, so... maybe? (https://www.flickr.com/photos/51433463@N...ateposted/)
Oh, she’s cute. I really like the wig. Not a fan of pink and red eyes; the new chips look much nicer.
I’m confused about the pattern on the back of the head. Is that a custom thing or what?
She's a beauty!
So beautiful. You've done great work.
Quote:I’m confused about the pattern on the back of the head. Is that a custom thing or what?

I was confused, too, which is why I posted that particular picture on a different thread back when I first got her... Hina identified that Pullip Youtsuzu apparently has that unique backplate (I have no clue why!), so apparently that was the doll used as a base for the custom.
That pattern on the back of her head is called eri-ashi (if there were three 'stripes', it would be sanbon-ashi), and it's a part of traditional oshiroi make-up worn by Geisha / Maiko and other traditional Japanese performers.

It's a part of nape that's left unpainted (it's actually on the back of the neck, not head, but Pullip anatomy doesn't allow for that), and it's like a little bit of sexy eye-candy, a small visible portion of naked skin of a beautiful artist whose whole appearance is carefully engineered and very complex and sophisticated artwork in itself.
Thank you for solving that mystery, neon_jellyfish!

I've stopped counting the things I've learned on this forum, but this is up there as one of the most interesting smile
The forum can indeed be quite educational!
Gosh Dargos, you certainly made lots of progress with your dolls, and found some real bargains! I definitely need to invest some time in mooching Ebay, just incase! That custom girl is a particularly lovely find.
Oh, she's truly lovely! I really liked her with the pink chips too (they looked fairylike, and I could imagine her as a pastel fairy with a pale pink wig), but the darker chips and wig also look wonderful on her! A good face-up gives a good base for changes, I guess. It would be nice to find out who did the face-up - I was thinking of myufish too, maybe an earlier/ex-perimental work?

And I have to echo the others about the forum often being wonderfully educational - the ex-planation provided by neon_jellyfish was new to me too, and a very interesting thing to learn about.
Well, it's definitely not summer anymore, but I figured I'd post here anyway.

Patience the Yeolume was a big project for me last summer, while I desperately tried to rechip her, and then broke her eye mech, and then eventually fixed it smile She languished in a box for awhile as I tried to find someone to customize her. I really wanted myufish, but when it became apparent that wasn't happening, I went looking for other options, and finally found ValleyDollCreations. I mailed off Patience and a Pullip MIO back in June, and they finally came back to me at the end of October.

Patience is adorable!

[Image: 77022341_1aab3e66141a0a2ec80338bb2e751dee_standard.jpg]

And I am in love with the MIO girl, too, whom I've named Lia. I put her in a wig that I had on hand, but I think I'm sticking with it-- it suits her!

[Image: 76958528_8d224f95c682e05e987a5d6e5952b75a_standard.jpg]

And a shot of all four dolls that I commissioned this year: Lia (ValleyDollCreations), Hawthorne (Buff Dolls), Keziah (ItsDollGood), and Patience (ValleyDollCreations). I really enjoyed the process and the results-- all three customizers are super talented and budget-friendly smile

[Image: 77022335_4b44654cd38caa92c72274385589e4b2_standard.jpg]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6