Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wow.
Yes, there's endless material here for a book. Wow... Or at least a co-author to devise a plotline to happen in the world you've created. It's all tremendously imaginative!
I think your title for the gallery is just fine. I think my favourite turn of phrase in all this is "the dread creeps into your mind through the back door..." Too many things in our own world can be like that... slash
On a less ominous note, being happy enough to not have time for crime is a lovely idea. How different the world would be!

P.S. Please tell Her Majesty that she looks very nice in her portrait wink
(10-28-2020, 03:30 AM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]Seriously, you should write this as a book!!

Yes! I concur. This was so funny! And sweet! And engaging! And kind of scary in a fun-scary sort of way. The style of this essay reminds me very much of the droll writing of Lemony Snickett in A Series of Unfortunate Events. Several turns of phrase had me chuckling out loud!

I also find it amusing and amazing how American you are in your references! The Billy Bass! Did you have those in Czech Republic?

Occasionally you have mentioned that in your younger youth you were actually a subject of the end days of the Communist regime. But then you have references like the Bigmouth Billy Bass. Your country must have been totally invaded by Western Culture (or lack of culture) the moment the Iron Curtain was lifted! You are more American than most Americans! 

Caputarium is a marvelous word! You should copyright it immediately!
Another one for this needs to be in a book if it’s own. I think if I were ever unwise enough to commit a crime in Oddwickshire A Strict Yelling At from Her Insane Majesty may even be a worse punishment than decapitation.
This is brilliant - all the ideas & the thought that’s gone into all the parts of Oddwickshire & how they fit together.

The Portrait dea for the particularly bad crimes is super creepy. But I did laugh a bit with “mild beheading” happening for certain crimes.

It all reminds me of guide books to fantasy worlds. They do a diary every year for Terry Pratchett’s Discworld and each year it focussed on a different part of the world / people. I never bought them to use as an actual diary, but for all the extra fun stuff they included.
Thank you very much, guys!

I wanted to start catching up with my monster posters, but I don't feel well (my cold is mostly gone, but so is my blood pressure), it seems that for this Halloween I'll be a real zombie.

Day 302

[Image: 4064c6ab45f7d1096a56a0f445a82b0f.jpg]

[Image: 59229b6efe3922f8a07cd67f287e71bf.jpg]
Your blood pressure must be low because you put every red corpuscle you had in to today's photo, I think! She's quite eerie in the intensity of her sanguinary hues!
Ooh, she looks so stunning! Breathtakingly beautiful
I love the muted version!
Every time I see her she is mesmerising.
I agree about the book! Very interesting and funny story ♥

Wow she is stunning, what brand is that wig? It's so thick and lustrous. She looks amazing, I like both the muted and the brighter red.
(10-29-2020, 03:35 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Your blood pressure must be low because you put every red corpuscle you had in to today's photo, I think! She's quite eerie in the intensity of her sanguinary hues!

LOL Thank you!!!

(10-29-2020, 03:37 AM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]Ooh, she looks so stunning! Breathtakingly beautiful

Thank you very much!

(10-29-2020, 09:55 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: [ -> ]I love the muted version!

Thanks!

(10-29-2020, 03:43 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]Every time I see her she is mesmerising.

Thank you!

(10-29-2020, 05:54 PM)dunneh Wrote: [ -> ]I agree about the book! Very interesting and funny story ♥

Wow she is stunning, what brand is that wig? It's so thick and lustrous.  She looks amazing, I like both the muted and the brighter red.

Thank you very much!

It's this wig from Leekeworld in L size (a teeny weeny bit on the bigger side, but still fits quite nicely): http://en.leekeworld.com/product/redrose/104/?cate_no=54&display_group=1
It's sold out at the moment, but they come back in stock periodically, so just check it once in a while. The color is less rusty and more burgundy than on the product photo, and I love it. It's also really soft.

Day 303

Gloom and Bloom Jane.

[Image: 3ea4463e9d7b4a3c72f81015a99cfc35.jpg]
Y'know, I never saw this Jane in the shops - or the Gloom and Bloom line come to think of it - but she is an utterly wonderful version. The greyscale here really plays well to showing off her wonderful sculpt.
Another marvelous monochrome image! Monster High figs certainly photograph well in Black & White. Perhaps its because of the 1930s horror film influence behind their designs.

Clever the way the skullette imagery is worked in to the floral design of her top.
I don't ever remember seeing that one in the shops here. I always think the MH's and the EAH's need to be in colour, though.
Agree, she looks very eerily beautiful.
And a nice B&W portrait of Jane.