Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thank you both!

Day 30

FdC Clawdeen, also with 10 photos on her track record.

[Image: 9f2d9fb6a1aafb00911c82ca80a1a4c3.jpg]
This Clawdeen looks stunning!
(01-31-2020, 03:40 AM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]This Clawdeen looks stunning!

Thnak you!!!

Day 31

Today is Inspire Your Heart With Art Day, and I had something different in mind, but I have quite a migraine, I can't see properly, so I can't draw. Which is why I'm going to cheat and use some old doodles I did back in 2017. It's Rapunzel and her knight, and Dragon Games Holly is kind of an amalgamation of both.

[Image: 1bcd4d129664a26c57fcd9eb939e29d7.jpg]

[Image: a2fdf74f9bd16a1642241c9879171063.jpg]
Oh those doodles are fantastic, and Holly fits with them so well.
Lovely all around!
The doodles are just brilliant!
Many thanks, everyone!!!

Day 32

One month done, 11 to go. Today is the Lace Day, and I wanted to use this opportunity to make my Throne Coming (aka Glitter Coming Off) Raven a new dress, but I wasn't able to get the base fabric in time, the ones I found were too stiff for dolly clothing. But I found one online, I just need to get it. What I do have, however, is the lace, so I can celebrate the Lace Day at least a little bit. I love this lace!

Also, one of my resin dolls arrived! She's Luts Model Delf Dia, in limited 'bubble mint' resin color. She's MSD sized, same size as my Withdoll Emma. I'm in love with her. The sculpt, the color, the body, everything about her is beautiful. Once the girls have face-ups, I'll be posting a ton of comparisons.

So, happy Lace Day and yay for Dia (my resin girls will get new names when they're completed)!

[Image: 0ef462135438eec97d17cbb77d01e7a8.jpg]
The lace coverings gives her a right eerie feel. But she looks gorgeous.
The eerie feel suits her and the lace is beautiful.
I don't know why, but I'm getting kind of a Miss Havisham vibe here...
Those are really neat doodles!  I like the matching of the helmet plume with her hair, and the tree instead of a castle is intriguing.  
I prefer (as usual) the unfiltered ones, but I like the lighting on Twyla particularly.  
That is pretty lace, and congrats on the new arrival!  Looking forward to seeing how you finish her.

(01-30-2020, 01:08 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]I don't have any talent. I know, because I actually flunked out of art college, because my art was crap. And I realized that I don't even enjoy creating what counts as real art nowadays - commenting on the state of society using your artworks and stuff.
Oh poop.  Art school should not make one feel like they have no talent.  It's all subjective -- if your style or interests don't fit into the prof's ideas of what's good, it doesn't mean you aren't.  I roll my eyes at some of the artists' statements I read.  Their art is about the juxtaposition of the fundamental dichotomies of existential whatchamacallit...  puh-leez.
I have an art-school-grad friend who does abstract stuff, and frankly, I'm always stuck for something complimentary to say, because it's generally weird.  And when you look at what gets noticed, or what the art-clique people like, I think it's more about who you know than whether you're any good.  
I remember a little tourist kid in a craft shop here; there was some paintbrush-cleaning-looking "art" for sale; the kid, about 9, looked at it and said brightly, "I could do that."  I thought, You go, kiddo.  xp
I'm with you -- create fun stuff that you enjoy.  Let the art clique people examine their navels over in their corner.
/end rant
LOL
(02-02-2020, 03:11 AM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]The lace coverings gives her a right eerie feel. But she looks gorgeous.

Thanks! While this lace isn't for her, this photoshoot made me think that the new girl will need something dark grey in her wardrobe, as it becomes her quite well.

(02-02-2020, 09:59 AM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]The eerie feel suits her and the lace is beautiful.

Thank you!

(02-02-2020, 01:32 PM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know why, but I'm getting kind of a Miss Havisham vibe here...

Now that's an idea! This girl's character will be inspired by something else, but I think that a Miss Havisham-like character (with some kind of twist) might fit well in Oddwickshire...

(02-02-2020, 06:30 PM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]Those are really neat doodles!  I like the matching of the helmet plume with her hair, and the tree instead of a castle is intriguing.  
I prefer (as usual) the unfiltered ones, but I like the lighting on Twyla particularly.  
That is pretty lace, and congrats on the new arrival!  Looking forward to seeing how you finish her.

(01-30-2020, 01:08 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]I don't have any talent. I know, because I actually flunked out of art college, because my art was crap. And I realized that I don't even enjoy creating what counts as real art nowadays - commenting on the state of society using your artworks and stuff.
Oh poop.  Art school should not make one feel like they have no talent.  It's all subjective -- if your style or interests don't fit into the prof's ideas of what's good, it doesn't mean you aren't.  I roll my eyes at some of the artists' statements I read.  Their art is about the juxtaposition of the fundamental dichotomies of existential whatchamacallit...  puh-leez.
I have an art-school-grad friend who does abstract stuff, and frankly, I'm always stuck for something complimentary to say, because it's generally weird.  And when you look at what gets noticed, or what the art-clique people like, I think it's more about who you know than whether you're any good.  
I remember a little tourist kid in a craft shop here; there was some paintbrush-cleaning-looking "art" for sale; the kid, about 9, looked at it and said brightly, "I could do that."  I thought, You go, kiddo.  xp
I'm with you -- create fun stuff that you enjoy.  Let the art clique people examine their navels over in their corner.
/end rant
LOL

Thank you very much! You're actually the first person to notice/mention the matching plume!

And please don't feel bad for me - I was actually glad to leave the college, as I became rather disenchanted with the pretentiousness of it all (I once had to redo a still life three times, and I got so pissed off when I was told to redo it again, I decided to troll the prof a bit and brought the first one again instead of painting a new one. He said 'see? You can do it if you try and put in some effort.' Yeah right). And my art actually became crap, because that's what happens to me when I'm unhappy, and I was very unhappy there. As for talent, I don't really think I need one to create. I've seen people with big talent, and it didn't seem to be something I'd want. It was always some sort of burden for them, and eventhough it allowed them to create truly touching pieces, they were never satisfied anyways, or struggled with everything else. I don't mind being free of that.

Day 33

Salome and Orpheus both appeared 9 times last year.

[Image: db6d11d06e20a8e08bd375fd4cf32794.jpg]

[Image: 7c0d73e11d2da42abba0248aca8db3d2.jpg]
They look like such a gentle couple here.
(02-03-2020, 03:24 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]...became rather disenchanted with the pretentiousness of it all (I once had to redo a still life three times, and I got so pissed off when I was told to redo it again, I decided to troll the prof a bit and brought the first one again instead of painting a new one. He said 'see? You can do it if you try and put in some effort.' Yeah right).
This... "the pretentiousness"....
The story about the prof really made me laugh.  Good on you! Did he ever find out?
I quit art class after about a month in the final year of high school.  I'd been taking it for fun, and it was fun, until that year with a different teacher who was really... "uptight", let's say.  She thought she was preparing everyone for a graphic design career.  She made me re-do something because the lettering was about 2mm lower on one side of a big poster than the other. (Yes, she measured.)  It was taking so much after-school time to get the projects done, already behind, that I wasn't getting time for other homework.  She made art class no-longer-fun. That is a poor legacy for a teacher.
I've thought of her now & then when I've been doing some photo-framing or design project, where I've eyeballed something and it's come out even, or close enough, to sell, and said to the memory of that teacher wherever she is, "Eat your heart out, Ms. B."  xp LOL
Any fun thing can become not-fun when you start to have pressure to "produce" I guess.  The lucky ones are the ones that can continue to produce art they like and have fun doing it.
So carry on and have fun with what you do!  grin

Oh, and, nice portrait of Salome & Orpheus.
Such an elegant couple.