Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ooh, this feels like it's a dramatic close up in some film...
Eerie and alluring portrait of a very special MH character! All of the "special editions" are impressive, but this one seemed to best capture the spirit of Monster High.

Dante sounds like a very intriguing kitty, and I'm sure you miss him very much.
Dante sounds special. And I agree it's a cool name for a cat. Oh, they know when you need comforting, that's for sure.
Another nice B&W portrait.
(11-16-2020, 01:35 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you very much, everyone!

Dante was especially adept at opening stuff. From packs of salami and ham (which was bad, cats shouldn't eat human food, it's too salty and full of other stuff their bodies can't process) to old door that had only key instead of a lock and a doorknob. He could also operate door handles and he knew how round doorknobs work, his paws just werent dexterous enough for that. He was the type to mostly ignore people, but he always knew when someone wasn't feeling well, and then he kept them company, so ti felt special. I was always sure he understands what we're saying perfectly. His eyes just looked that way, wise and on top of things. Not all people I know have eyes like that. He was also a great hunter, which is why we had to stop feeding birds on the balcony (too many dead tit birds and sparrows. And a parakeet). Although the most skilled hunter would be my current silver beast, none of our previous cats were able to catch flies, but she does. She seems bored of slower things.

Aww, Dante sounds like he was a great kitty. Sometimes cats are just so smart and clever, they really do seem to understand what you say. And some cats just know when you are down or not feeling well. Their purring really helps. Of course there are some cats that are stupid not as clever, and just come over whenever it suits them or they want something from us, but we love them too. LOL And wow, she can catch flies? Thats pretty amazing. Our current cat used to be adept at catching mice, but maybe we're feeding him too well because the next door neighbour has a mouse nest (if you can call it that?) in one of his trees in his yard and our cat just full does not give AF any more about them. LOL

The latest pic was amazing, love the black and white contrast of the photo with the hair!
Loved hearing about Dante, and what a great name for a cat.
Thank you very much, guys!

Day 321186651478747212023

Cross-brand sister potential: detected.
Level: strong.

I already noticed that Florianne and Twyla had a lot in common, and now, Céleste joined the sisterhood. I seem to have a thing for girls with mint hair, bows and ruffles. All of them also feature purple, although Florianne only has purple eyes.

[Image: c97b0aec8e441a72309beaafbfb6af94.jpg]

(What is this? A colorful picture? Haven't seen one of those around here in a while...)
Ahhhh, this is fantastic, and yes! These would make brilliant cross-brand sisters! Florianne and Celeste ins particular look very alike, and Twyla.... maybe a cousin? LOL. Man, my liking of making family units is clear here.
Sisters... or trans-portal incarnations of the same character?
Aah, this pic is so lovely, they look adorable together, and the colours are just eyecandy to me! I love all 3 dolls pictured (and this is my favourite version of Twyla), and mint hair can never not be awesome!
Ooo, pretty colours.  Their hair is a lovely shade.
davidd's idea is interesting....  Can such things happen in Oddwickshire...?

(11-16-2020, 04:00 PM)dunneh Wrote: [ -> ]Their purring really helps. Of course there are some cats that are stupid not as clever, and just come over whenever it suits them or they want something from us, but we love them too.... 
Cats purr at particular frequencies that promote healing.
I mean, do you need any more evidence that cats are magic??  Heart

Some may be not as clever, but I've also seen the theory that "you get the cat you ex-pect to have", meaning if you treat them like just some unintelligent animal, that's what you'll get, whereas if you make more of an effort to communicate and socialize with them, you'll have a "smarter" cat.
Maybe... my wee soulmate knew ~20 different hand signs for tricks, and we did them every night for nearly 13 years.  I knew it was the signs and not what I said because we could do the routine in total silence when I was sick and had a sore throat.

(11-16-2020, 04:00 PM)dunneh Wrote: [ -> ]our cat just full does not give AF any more about them.
Yeah, she's probably also figured out it's 2020 so why bother LOL
(11-17-2020, 11:53 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]Ooo, pretty colours.  Their hair is a lovely shade.
davidd's idea is interesting....  Can such things happen in Oddwickshire...?

Cats purr at particular frequencies that promote healing.
I mean, do you need any more evidence that cats are magic??  Heart

Some may be not as clever, but I've also seen the theory that "you get the cat you ex-pect to have", meaning if you treat them like just some unintelligent animal, that's what you'll get, whereas if you make more of an effort to communicate and socialize with them, you'll have a "smarter" cat.
Maybe... my wee soulmate knew ~20 different hand signs for tricks, and we did them every night for nearly 13 years.  I knew it was the signs and not what I said because we could do the routine in total silence when I was sick and had a sore throat.

Yeah, she's probably also figured out it's 2020 so why bother LOL

Hahahaha! Maybe. I wouldn't blame him if so! But he was already not caring last year so... He's probably just too well fed (which is probably a good thing more than bad, he's not overweight or anything so its fine.)

Yeah, I have heard about the purring frequency thing! Heart   My brother does this thing with our cat (he has a sports injury, so his knee is often sore) he's like: 'Yoshi fix my knee!' when the cat sits on him his legs and purrs. LOL  But yes I agree, cats are magic! 

That's so cool that you taught him tricks! I've seen a cat 'wrangler' (if you can call it that) that had trained all these three cats in this routine. Pretty sure it was in Japan but I can't find the video now though.  sad I've had a few cats and there has definitely been a varying degree of intelligence but they are just 'smart' in different ways... one of my old cats was fast and clever but could never learn routines or anything and was SO easily confused. My current cat is cleverer. He has learned to associate the noise of the kettle boiling with the opportunity to steal my seat-- since he knows I'm getting up to make tea soon and there is a warm comfy place for him. So now when he hears it he comes over and waits for me to get up. LOL 

(11-16-2020, 11:06 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Day 321186651478747212023

Cross-brand sister potential: detected.
Level: strong.

I already noticed that Florianne and Twyla had a lot in common, and now, Céleste joined the sisterhood. I seem to have a thing for girls with mint hair, bows and ruffles. All of them also feature purple, although Florianne only has purple eyes.

(What is this? A colorful picture? Haven't seen one of those around here in a while...)

I love Mint hair too! Such a pretty color. Everything about this pic is love. ♥ Very cute how the two hair styles match almost exactly! Forgive my ignorance of doll brands but what doll is that small one? (Celeste I think?) She's super cute. Also I am so tempted by your Florianne to get a Mint Du Jardin... must be strong. LOL
Thank you very much, everyone!

I don't think they're incarnations of the same character in different brands, because they're all very different, personality-wise.

dunneh - that's - warning, crazy name incoming - Twinkle ☆ Candy Girls Vel from Lil' Fairy line by Azone International.

Day 322

ADAW #43
Another un-numbered ADAW. I need to catch up with myself. ...Does that make me a time-traveler?

Anyhoo, this is a migraine doodle, the little Mokke from Jibaku Shounen Hanako-kun, and I think that the remainder of this year's doodles will be very similar, that is, uber-simple (aside from the two monsters I have left to do).

[Image: ec9049bc163f8a36bf4a44847828e748.jpg]

Once the stores are open again, I'll get a lighter pink polymer clay and make a new batch of Mokke, these are too dark. And I got the shipping notice for my Hanako-kun Nendoroid! If I knew earlier, I'd save this doodle for when he arrives! Oh well, I guess there will be more Mokke doodles soon.

Oh, and the dolls here are both from Azone's Lil' Fairy line, the little ginger darling is Small Helpers Sui (1st series - like a signature doll) and the lilac-haired cutie is Twinkle ☆ Candy Girls Erunoe (same series as Vel).
This is such a cute doodle, and the girls compliement it perfectly!
Aha! I thought it was an Azone but I didn't quite recognise it as I'm not too familiar with them any more (beyond Pureneemo). That is kind of a crazy name. LOL

Love the latest pic, I see you like the pretty pastel hair colors. LOL I don't blame you, I love pastels too, they look really pretty. ♥ The clay mokke and doodle are super cute.
The illustration is making me feel hungry for pink marshmallow peeps. And I never get hungry for marshmallow peeps, which are too intensely sweet even for me!