Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There’s the comic strip again. I love it!
I’m with Davidd about the shades of the green sheep, I’m using a iPad to look at the forum today.

They are very cute & motivational too.

Sig Blondie - mines been wearing Elissabat’s outfit for a while now, the purple suits her blondness.
The sheep are super cute. They neeed a comic strip LOL
Blondie is very pretty too. Love blue & yellow/gold/blonde.
Ah, your signature Blondie is holding up well! The doodle is cute!
(12-09-2020, 05:13 AM)Loona Wrote: [ -> ]I was about to say I really like Fluffy Motivational Sheep, but then I realised this isn't the same guy as the one we saw last time. The comment still applies - just, in this case, for both of them. A positive attitude, especially regarding appearance and apparel, is something that doesn't happen often enough. People should feel comfortable with how they look and what they wear.

Signature Blondie is beautiful! I like all Blondies (I have a soft spot for the character), but Sig's sweet lolita-esque dress and skirt is her best stock IMO. Have you bought her locally? I'm just asking because she also has the front-rooted bangs the ones that we had here in Hungary came with. There was antoher version of her with middle-rooted, fanned out bangs that I have never seen for sale here.

Thank you very much! Yeah, they're six different sheep (I have one more for next tuesday), but the principle is always the same - there's a 'weird' and insecure one, and a 'normal' one that just sees the 'oddity' as cute. I just wanted to draw some cute sheep and didn't have any particular idea in mind, and they all ended up like this, being nice to each other, because that's what I imagine pastel-colored sheep naturally are...

Yup, that's EU Blondie, she came with Eastern European languages on the box. I've never encountered the middle-rooted one either. Blondie's funny, I love her character in webisodes (the clever use of her catchphrase and lvl 9000 lock-picking skills are the best just right!), but never felt compelled to get more of her dolls (I generally don't enjoy blonde dolls, mostly because our stores didn't have anything but white blondes when I was growing up). The Loli-inspired fashions was something I greatly enjoyed about EAH, I love many Lolita styles, but wouldn't wear them myself because I don't think they would suit me, so I enjoy them on my dolls. I want to get better at sewing next year, and make lots of Loli fashions for my dolly army.

(12-09-2020, 12:36 PM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Horn-tlers!   LOL

Actually, Green Sheep looks quite bright and pastel green with "grass green" outlines on my monitor. And very cute! Perhaps it is time for a calibration for your monitor.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/...r-monitor/

Poor thing was a bit confused smile

I might need to do that, but for now, I'm going to procrastinate on it, there are too many other things I need to procrastinate work on first.

(12-09-2020, 04:04 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]There’s the comic strip again. I love it!

Thank you! There will be one more.

(12-09-2020, 04:55 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]I’m with Davidd about the shades of the green sheep, I’m using a iPad to look at the forum today.

They are very cute & motivational too.

Sig Blondie - mines been wearing Elissabat’s outfit for a while now, the purple suits her blondness.

Glad to hear that.

Thank you!

I remember your redressed Blondie, and your Ashlynn in Haunted Rochelle's stock!

(12-09-2020, 06:28 PM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]The sheep are super cute.  They neeed a comic strip LOL
Blondie is very pretty too.  Love blue & yellow/gold/blonde.

Thank you!!!

Blondie's hair is actually too yellow for my taste, so I want to give her (in distant future, in a galaxy far, far away) a platinum or flaxen reroot. Despite my lack of enthusiasm for blonde dolls, Blondie is one of the very few who will be allowed to stay blonde (although the idea of giving her red hair and having a redhead character named Blondie is tempting, in a mischievous sort of way LOL).
I appreciate that they used blue as her main color, not many dolls get blue and I think that's a shame.

(12-09-2020, 10:40 PM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, your signature Blondie is holding up well! The doodle is cute!

Thank you! Her hair is actually dmaged a bit by glue seepage, and keeping her bangs in shape annoys the hell out of me, so I'm glad she at least looks good in the photo.

Day krjgwenghijbhykhnbhvasdfgůjhp
Day 344

Cool guys.

[Image: 80b59a6643694135bb83d3d64dad87fb.jpg]
Cool and dashing!
It's interesting to hear middle-rooted Blondie was not available over there either. I bought my first one online, and the shop actually advertised the doll with the middle-rooted stock picture, which would have also been the version I preferred, so I was somewhat disappointed when she arrived and had the front-rooted bangs. In the end I settled with another version of her as my favourite and keeper, and I'm actually considering selling my front-rooted one. I however, am also ex-periencing a massive glue-seepage issue with her, so she's currently sitting in the bathroom with a generous amount of baby powder massaged into her scalp. We'll see how much it will resolve the issue (and how much we bond during the process smile I do know that I like her impressive amount of hair more than that of later versions).

I also like that she has this bright blue as her signature colour, but I find it a tad bit disappointing that it was never used in her hair - not even as streaks. I really like how they used the pink in Epic Winter Briar's hair, and it's among my plans to give partial reroots to my other Epic Winter girls (minus Maddie who already has crazy-coloured hair smile ), either in a similar fashion as how Briar has her pink, or inverted, at the bottom/back. That way Blondie will also have her blues smile

The Taeyands look cool, I really like the detail in the outfit of the guy in front, but I still prefer that of the guy in back. Nothing beats a guy in black suits, coat, or any similar-looking apparel.
Cool and mysterious.
They are just oozing cool & charm!
Cool, mysterious guys.

And for some reason the song that goes 'cool guys don't look at explosions' came into my head. No idea why.
(12-10-2020, 07:49 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: [ -> ]Cool and dashing!

Thank you!!!

(12-10-2020, 09:18 AM)Loona Wrote: [ -> ]It's interesting to hear middle-rooted Blondie was not available over there either. I bought my first one online, and the shop actually advertised the doll with the middle-rooted stock picture, which would have also been the version I preferred, so I was somewhat disappointed when she arrived and had the front-rooted bangs. In the end I settled with another version of her as my favourite and keeper, and I'm actually considering selling my front-rooted one. I however, am also ex-periencing a massive glue-seepage issue with her, so she's currently sitting in the bathroom with a generous amount of baby powder massaged into her scalp. We'll see how much it will resolve the issue (and how much we bond during the process smile I do know that I like her impressive amount of hair more than that of later versions).

I also like that she has this bright blue as her signature colour, but I find it a tad bit disappointing that it was never used in her hair - not even as streaks. I really like how they used the pink in Epic Winter Briar's hair, and it's among my plans to give partial reroots to my other Epic Winter girls (minus Maddie who already has crazy-coloured hair smile ), either in a similar fashion as how Briar has her pink, or inverted, at the bottom/back. That way Blondie will also have her blues smile

The Taeyands look cool, I really like the detail in the outfit of the guy in front, but I still prefer that of the guy in back. Nothing beats a guy in black suits, coat, or any similar-looking apparel.

I'd recommend corn starch over baby powder, baby powder is meant to leave behind all sorts of stuff that's good for skin, but not necessarily plastic hair. I'm actually planning to do a massive glue-seepage treatment marathon for my MHs and EAHs next year, including removing their heads and putting some starch inside. Some dolls will need a reroot, though, their hair is too damaged. Good luck with your Blondie, I hope you'll be able to keep the glue seepage under control!

Birthday Ball Blondie has pastel blue hair, but I've never seen the line around here. I really wanted Duchess... I'll need to see your EW reroots (whenever you get to them)!

Thank you very much! For me, Pluto (Elazar Morgenstern in my collection) is my favorite Taeyang ever, I just love steampunk dolls. And redheads. But Sebastian (who became Orpheus Schwarzgrab here) is so cool, too! I'm not particular about the type of outfit, but dark and steampunk are my favorite styles.

(12-10-2020, 03:28 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]Cool and mysterious.

(12-10-2020, 06:50 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]They are just oozing cool & charm!

Thank you both!

(12-10-2020, 10:26 PM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]Cool, mysterious guys.

And for some reason the song that goes 'cool guys don't look at explosions' came into my head. No idea why.

Thank you!

That actually got me thinking a bit. Both of them wouldn't look at an ex²plosion. Orpheus prefers to keep his distance from situations involving ex²plosions, and Elazar prefers stealthier methods of problem-solving. If he was forced to deal with something by using ex²plosives, I think he'd be long gone when it goes kaboom.

Day nanana yaddayadda (I AM going to fix this... at some point)
Day 345

Dark Queens meet-up!

I considered Dark Queens their own species (in my collection anyway), but lately, I've been thinking that it might actually be a specific mutation or a special gene, because there are human ones, vampire ones, elf and fae ones, etc... So not their own species per se, but I still think it's genetic. Maybe there was some original primeval Dark Queen who was her own species, and her offspring brought the Dark Queen gene to other species. Dark Queen gene means that one looks abnormally good in dark gothic and decadent fashions, has some neat superpowers, and is shrouded in aura of sinister fabulousness and gorgeousness even when forcibly awoken in the middle of the day, with no make-up and messy hair.

...I wish I was one.

Edit: Dark Queens don't necessarily turn evil. A lot of them do, but it's not a requirement.
Edit #2, because being focused seems to be impossible today: None of my Dark Queens are evil. There's a mischievous and a bit pranky one (that would be Mira), but the rest of them are actually very kind (even the Insane one). I think that with powers like theirs, being kind becomes really affordable.

[Image: 1e99a57eab3add4deef170fd216203c6.jpg]

Original pic:

[Image: cea8803240b1f7af2d2c92b7428c932c.jpg]
Very kind... even the insane one?

I shall follow your wisdom in this case and agree most whole-heartedly!
(12-11-2020, 03:13 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Very kind... even the insane one?

I shall follow your wisdom in this case and agree most whole-heartedly!

I'm glad you understand! Make sure you agree loudly enough wink
The "cool guys" are definitely very cool... but I am reasonably certain that both of them would have been quite enthralled by this recent ex-plosion:

https://www.inverclydenow.com/pristine-w...-in-clyde/

A left-over sea mine from the Second World War was dredged up from the sea bed in Scotland. The military deemed it a "live" mine and detonated it.

I wonder if werepuppy heard the blast?
The filtered version looks gloriously dark and gothic, but I have to say I love all the purples and reds in the original. And your Dark Queen definition is divine!