Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The purple one is Kitty Cheshire, daughter of the Cheshire Cat. If you don’t keep your eye on her she’ll disappear. Makes it very hard to take pics of her.
(12-24-2020, 08:46 AM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]The purple one is Kitty Cheshire, daughter of the Cheshire Cat. If you don’t keep your eye on her she’ll disappear. Makes it very hard to take pics of her.

Thanks for the info! She looks like a mischievous one!
Kitty is very mischievous looking there, and Maddie is very distracted by it. Lizzie is the on,y one paying attention to you.
"Wonderish" sounds like a great nationality for them. Hehe, there's always one making a silly face in a photo. (Often it's me blush )
And will you be continuing to doodle here in 2021?
Thanks, everyone!!!

No, I won't be doing any sort of challenge next year, not even a doodling one, I feel a bit over-challenged right now.

Day 359

Happy Holidays!

[Image: 4f224c698affd30791f98708ebca8bf3.jpg]
Does it come as a surprise that your holiday tree is decorated in a purple and lavender theme?

No, no it does not!

Merry Christmas and best wishes for a healthy and happy and normal New Year!
Merry Christmas! They make such cute tree decorations.
(12-25-2020, 06:55 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Does it come as a surprise that you holiday tree is decorated in a purple and lavender theme?

No, no it does not!

Merry Christmas and best wishes for a healthy and happy and normal New Year!

Thank you!

Ha, the tree is actually blue and silver, but the artificial light makes the blue decorations look purplish. It's my parents' tree, my Xmas branch (I don't have room for tree) is mostly white and silver, to make it look wintery.

My parents (mostly my mom, though) have blue, purple, silver and gold tree ornaments, and always pick two of the colors for the season, so the tree could have been purple wink

Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy, and if not normal, then joyfully adventurous New Year!

(12-25-2020, 05:08 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]Merry Christmas!  They make such cute tree decorations.

Merry Christmas! They really make everything better by simply being there.

Day 360

Here's one more photo of my Hanako-kun, with one of his alternate face plates and his favorite food - doughnut.

[Image: d891bb47c1fdbb228c05a1fb1d925d1b.jpg]
Cheerful little guy, ain't he?
The base on which he stands reminds me of the "transporter pads" on the old television show Star Trek.
"Beam me up... some more donuts, please!"
So cheerful & cute. Made me smile to see him.
He looks very happy. He’s going to thoroughly enjoy that donut.
Cute! I can identify with being very happy about sweets LOL
The tree sounds lovely and your little decoration-girls fit in just right.
Hope it was a happy holiday.
Thank you very much, everyone!

Day 361

BYBY Nefera. I prefer siggy, so she gets more screen time, but BYBY is also beautiful. I know they needed an antagonist, but I always felt it's a pity to waste such a beautiful doll on an absolutely flat villain character. I don't need villains with terrible childhoods and traumas as reasons for their villainy or anything, they can totally be evil just because, but I need villains with character. Made of 100% mean and nothing else isn't a character, just a plot device.

My Nefera isn't evil. She maintains a healthy rivalry with her lil' sis Cleo, but she actually cares about her and is there for her when needed.

[Image: b4873cbb097784c68b79abba9a0ec749.jpg]
This is a spectacular image of this not all too common Nefera variant. Lapis lazuli and gold, so Egyptian and royal!

I prefer your version of the character over the movie versions, so yeah, I'll go with that.

"I don't need villains with terrible childhoods and traumas as reasons for their villainy or anything, they can totally be evil." I agree. As I think I've mentioned on the forum before, in Star Wars, Darth Vader was a much more intriguing villain when we knew nothing about his past. He was just a terrifying force of evil. Once we got all the backstory and origin nonsense, it weakened the character for me.
Wow! She is really striking. This is the sort of photo that might make me want to start collecting these dolls.