Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I agree, Dragon Games EAH was a thrilling line of figures! I had managed to resist Ever After High until Dragon Games showed up. After seeing a photo of Dragon Games Darling Charming online, I began stalking the toy aisle shelves searching for her. When I finally found one, buried at the far back of a shelf filled with other dolls, I was quite excited! Eventually I had all of them except for Apple, who was more expensive because she was offered as a box set with a dragon. I have since thinned out the collection, but once Darling Charming picked up that chainsaw she became a keeper!

I still think that for the sake of aesthetics this line should have included swords. And the tiny little shields that were included with some of them could have been significantly larger. But those are minor quibbles. This was a great line.

Lovely lighting on your portrait of the armored trio!
I have to agree on everything you said there. If EAH had done more lines like that, they... Well they would have been setting themselves very much apart from MH. Also I love how the filtered version kind of looks like a movie poster.
The Dragon Games line was so much fun. I also wished that they’d done another line with the other cool outfits seen in the film.

I’m sure there were customs made, but it’s not the same.

The filtered version is a movie poster for a kick-ass movie too.
That’s a very cool threesome. And your doodle is great. I like all the detail. Also, the lighting on the shelfie is neat.
Thank you very much, everyone!

Day 72

I love Abbey Bominable. She's cool in every sense of the word. For some reason, I never take many photos of my Abbeys. I don't know why, it's not like they're troublesome to pose or anything... Time to fix that. Here are my Music Festival (the one with bangs, she's wearing Roller Maze Abbey's dress) and Skull Shores (she's wearing the Maul Session Wave 2 Abbey fashion pack) Abbeys. Their hair used to be white, but now it's all yellowed because of the glue... And my I<3Fashion Abbey fell apart last year (there were bubbles in the plastic around joints, so it wasn't possible to glue them back together). I miss hunting for new MH releases...

[Image: dc3564732201c3e9f97dfc186b34ed29.jpg]

Gosh, this sure got sentimental! That wasn't really my intention... Oh well, I'll do something more cheerful tomorrow.
They're blue beauties.

Man, I miss MH.
Even with the yellowing hair, they are still beautiful dolls.

I’m sorry that one was so damaged you lost her.
The sentimentality is justified. I feel that way almost every time you post haunting Monster High portraits like this.

I am always impressed that you are able to identify the outfits and fashion packs your figures are wearing. You really are a "true fan."
Thanks guys!!!

Day 73

Today, I have a double feature for you. First is the photo I was planning to do:

[Image: 13c0ecbd8c5213bac783d9ffb3f33623.jpg]

Happy Friday 13! Original non-filtered pic is at the end of the post.

And second photo is borrowing davidd's format - coronavirus panic!

[Image: e84d9164f4ac9f09cc9e7422b7540e8f.jpg]

Shortly after I posed yesterday's photo, Czech government declared a state of emergency. Schools, libraries, theaters, and similar venues are closed, some restaurants are closed, some have shortened opening hours, all events for 30 or more people were cancelled. A lot of businesses got into serious financial troubles because of it. Spreading coronavirus was officially declared a crime. Starting Monday, nobody will be able to get in or out of country. The whole nation is on the verge of panic, people started hoarding food again, despite numerous appeals not to. One of country's largest hospital is under hacker attack, because some f******ds who'd attack a hospital obviously exist... Luckilly, it seems they've dealt with it now. Our govt. and TV give us breaking news about every person who might possibly have COVID-19, BUT THEY CAN'T BE BOTHERED TO TELL PEOPLE WHAT THEY SHOULD  ACTUALLY DO, save for leaflets telling us to wash our hands. As of this writing, Czech Republic has 120 patients with COVID-19, one with serious problems, no deaths. Around 5000 people is in quarantine.

I'm kinda tired of this. I get that we need to take preventive measures, but I'm afraid the chaotic way we're going about it and insufficient communication from our govt. (plentiful, but not focused on important things) might cause a disaster of its own. I guess I'll go and buy a year's worth of toilet paper xp

Anyhoo, back to Friday 13!

[Image: fc28280a9c7d3478815d7e246713ea6d.jpg]
The media panic is not helping anyone...

The 13th birthday is amazing btw - really makes me grin to look at it.
The Friday the 13th pic is lovely! Dark, yet colorful! You have such a wonderful way with lighting and creating mood.

Good to see that Reimi is safe from airborne Cornavirus. Oh, wait, it's not airborne! But wait, maybe it is airborne! Oh well, people are only contagious while they have symptoms. Or, are they contagious before symptoms occur? No, now some sources are claiming patients remain contagious for up to 27 days after their symptoms disappear! Of course, some people are asymptomatic.

Sounds like you guys are back to the days of a totalitarian regime. I mean, a crime to spread Coronavirus? How could that even be proved? Oh, wait, Eastern Europe, former Soviet bloc, "proof" consists of being accused.

At least, that's how it works in the movies.

Completely closed borders, huh? Nobody in or out? Does this include travelers, tourists, or business people who might be in the country? Or residents who might be abroad at the moment?

The US government declared a State of Emergency today. In this country, that basically means government agencies will have more money, billions and billions of dollars, to... basically disperse into the pockets of high-ranking officials and their cronies in both the public and private sectors. In the meantime, the media continues to hype the terror and toilet tissue is difficult to find... even though there is no disruption to the manufacturing or supply chains!

Helpful statistic: I ready yesterday that the average person uses about 100 rolls of toilet tissue per year. That will at least provide you with a guideline as you stock up.
LOL
It’s a cute and colourful Friday the 13th photo. I would be interested to hear how they can prove a crime if someone spread the virus. How do they prove which person gave it to which other person, and how in the world would they prosecute that?? I heard very little news in BC, Other than occasional headlines. It was very frustrating to find myself in a horde of crazy shoppers at a big grocery store this morning, and they were also lined up for toilet paper. I can’t remember how much is in the house so I bought some too... Was a little embarrassed to be following that trend. Schools are being closed here. I have been politely told that I will probably not be welcome at work at the library for a while because I was in BC. Never mind that there are no cases of the virus in the area where I was. Then, while stranded waiting over the last eight hours to see if I will get home tonight, everywhere I’ve been, all I’ve heard is people talking about coronavirus. It’s like some bizarre movie. sad
(03-14-2020, 09:14 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]I have been politely told that I will probably not be welcome at work at the library for a while because I was in BC. Never mind that there are no cases of the virus in the area where I was.  

Innocent  Wow! You're a pariah! Shunned! In a small island community, that could be significant!

Of course, if the entire island population ends up infected, they'll know where it came from!  Tongue
Love the Friday 13 thing. It’s all very perfect. The COViD thing here is equally odd. I’d like to see some percentages of actual populations vs people who have the virus to put it all in perspective. Outside things look pretty normal. Kids were playing cricket, people shopping (few more than usual on a Saturday). On the flip side Lejays softball game was cancelled and the opening game of the afl will be played in a stadium that seats over 100,000, but with no fans, because any crowd of over 500 at something non essential is banned.
EDIT: This picture of iCarly... was supposed to be in MY A Doll A Day photo-stream!

Duhhhhhhh.....

Like, the biggest duhhhhhhh I've ever done on this forum!