Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Many thanks, everyone!

Day 89

Seriously, they made these filters just for her.

[Image: e4bd52f53244fe115a3a1382c1e83c84.jpg]

And the original:

[Image: 04bcb5dc601eac076616f99484ec29ee.jpg]
The filter suits her so well.
Oh, there's a real sense of a classical elegance here.
Divinely sublime!
Beautiful yay
Yay, I get to be post #500 on this thread LOL
She is lovely and the filter fits her perfectly.
Thank you very much, everyone!

Day 90

This post is kinda half-arsed, because I have neither the doll nor the actual object of today's theme. You see, today, Oddwickshire observes another Oddliday. It's Lianora's Cookies Day over there, but Lianora isn't shelled, and I wasn't able to bake any cookies. Partially because everything baking-related is continuously sold out, but also because my brain has been having increasingly bigger and bigger problems to hold its original shape, it's constantly trying to melt. So, yeah, no doll and no cookies, but I didn't want to postpone the day just because I can't celebrate it properly this year.

First off, I don't think you can remember Lianora, because she doesn't have a shell and doesn't appear in my photos, so here's her bio from last year:

(07-24-2019, 11:53 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Princess Lianora

Princess Lianora... well, the ghost of princess Lianora... is possibly the sweetest and most cheerful resident of the royal castle. She was the crown princess centuries ago, and used to suffer from somnambulism. One night, the light of the full moon led her to the kitchen, then to the cookie jar... She choked on a cookie crumb, woke up, died and got really upset during the process, for she wasn't able to finish the cookie. The desire to eat that fateful cookie was so strong that her ghost rose from her dead body practically immediately, gave the cookie what it deserved and then proceeded to consume the rest of the jar's contents, to make sure nobody else suffers the same gruesome death...

Princess Lianora is always lively, ah, pardon me, I meant full of energy, and her glass is always full-full. She loves sweet treats of all kinds, cute and fluffy things, and wailing on the castle's battlements during stormy nights. People open up to her easily, and she can always cheer them up. Except for the times she scares them half to death. She can't help that, being a ghost and all... Her Insane Majesty and Countess Rosamunda seem to be the only ones who don't get scared by Lianora. Probably because they're way scarier than her...

The Lianora's Cookies Day started off as Lianora's death anniversary, but she didn't like it one bit, because everyone kept mourning her death, and she, being the cheerful, positive person she is, wanted people to celebrate, not get all depressed. So, in honor of her favorite life-changing sweet treat, she wanted the day to change from death anniversary to cookie-themed day.

This Oddliday is celebrated in Oddwick a bit more than in Quirkmore, because Lianora haunts the Oddwick Castle, but everyone loves sweet treats, so you can find plenty of cookie-related events in Quirkmore, too.

The cookies are either round, like The OG Cookie, or ghost shaped (for obvious reasons)

I wanted to come up with a recipe to share, but didn't manage to, so I guess I'll tell you more about the flavors next year. There are all kinds of them (and popular patisseries and cafés introduce new ones every year, with special beverages to accompany them), but the ages-old-original-recipe-I-have-yet-to-come-up-with involves cinnamon.

So go stuff your faces with cookies and be happy despite everything, people!

As a substitute photo, I decided to take a group shot of my ghosts.

[Image: 60a0ec14c6aa1c34c639d35980e928c0.jpg]

Non-filtered version:

[Image: 2f9726cea9187f3d1c59a1643f2592d7.jpg]

I wish I could just get on an airship, pick you all up (maybe Beatrix could come pick us up), and we'd spend this annoying time in Oddwickshire. No one worries about any diseases there, because the queendom has over-powered supernatural healers, and even if you died, Schwarzgrabs would fix that.

But! I managed to get more fabric! For masks and also for dolls. Yaaay!
YAY for more fabric!
YAY for Lianora's Cookies Day!
YAY² for the Glamorous Gathering of Gorgeous Ghosts!
Oooh at all of this information!

The ghosts look glorious
A fun bunch of ghosty girls & a fun post. Sounds like an excellent holiday. Stuffing one's face with cookies sounds like a plan. (I was actually going to make some sometime soon but have been too lazy.) Hope you will find a doll for Lianora, and looking forward to hearing more about the cookies smile
I'd like a ticket on the airship too please LOL
Will Beatrix fly the airship? Do you have idea of what doll Lianora will be, or will you have to custom her?
It’s sounds like a wonderful holiday, one that could easily translate to our world.

And all the ghosts look fab together.
Thanks guys!

Day 91

ADAW #13
I'm not in the mood. Gosh, I'm so not in the mood, I didn't even know it was possible to NOT be in the mood this much. Not in the mood for drawing, not in the mood for dolly photos, not in the mood for anything. Have a kitty.

[Image: 4e8e24d4bd9efee3f7ab306a03ecbb34.jpg]
For not in the mood? The doodle is really really adorable, and Sui looks like she's so proudly showing it off.
(03-31-2020, 11:35 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not in the mood. Gosh, I'm so not in the mood, I didn't even know it was possible to NOT be in the mood this much. Not in the mood for drawing, not in the mood for dolly photos, not in the mood for anything. 

Oh, I know the feeling. No end in sight, either.

Cute quick sketch, though. Cheery and fun, even if you're not feeling it yourself.