Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Oh I really love the movement in the hair in this picture
"Just wait until she gets that hair caught in the propeller!"
"Yeah, just wait until she gets that hair caught in the propeller of her airship!"
"Then her airship will be a hair-ship!"
"She'll wish she had been wearing a flight helmet!"
"A flight helmet to cover her hair!"
"A helmet so she doesn't get her hair caught in the propellers!"
"A flight helmet so she doesn't get her hair caught in the propellers of her hair-ship!"
"At least she has hair; lovely, long flowing hair...."
"Hey, we warned you about playing with dynamite!"

Sorry... the Ameliæ Escadrille insisted on posting this comment about their idol/rival, Beatrix.
Lovely portrait. And a cooool-mood shot of Rochelle.
I like the wind... when it's warm... and not a screaming nor'easter that knocks the power out.... LOL
As Lejays said wind that could do that would annoy me intensely. I dislike most forms of wind.
(04-16-2020, 09:49 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]The wind calls to me as well.  Elfy doesn’t like it though.

The vintage filters work so well with her.

Wind isn't really my thing, but Beatrix is an aeronaut, so she loves the wind in her hair.

All steampunk Pullips are so vintage-filterable, I love it.

(04-16-2020, 10:01 PM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]Oh I really love the movement in the hair in this picture

Thank you!

(04-17-2020, 03:21 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]"Just wait until she gets that hair caught in the propeller!"
"Yeah, just wait until she gets that hair caught in the propeller of her airship!"
"Then her airship will be a hair-ship!"
"She'll wish she had been wearing a flight helmet!"
"A flight helmet to cover her hair!"
"A helmet so she doesn't get her hair caught in the propellers!"
"A flight helmet so she doesn't get her hair caught in the propellers of her hair-ship!"
"At least she has hair; lovely, long flowing hair...."
"Hey, we warned you about playing with dynamite!"

Sorry... the Ameliæ Escadrille insisted on posting this comment about their idol/rival, Beatrix.

The Hivescadrille doesn't have to worry, Beatrix's hair never gets caught in anything, it's that kind of hair that always looks perfect and provides dramatical effects, but no inconvenience (kind of like comic superheroines; I always wondered why having perfect hair and make-up in any situation is never listed as their superpower).

(04-17-2020, 10:59 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]Lovely portrait.  And a cooool-mood shot of Rochelle.
I like the wind... when it's warm... and not a screaming nor'easter that knocks the power out....  LOL

Thank you!!!

(04-17-2020, 03:22 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]As Lejays said wind that could do that would annoy me intensely. I dislike most forms of wind.

Actually, I don't like wind, either. It gives me migraines (even if I stay inside and avoid directly ex²posing myself to it). Which is why I wanted a character who would enjoy wind, because I think it must be nice, enjoying wind and not getting a migraine...

Day 108

Today is Bat Appreciation Day, and I had a poster in mind, but I'm so incredibly tired, I can't draw. So here's a quick shot of ladies with something batty - Elissabat has one in her name, Skull Shores Draculaura is sporting 13 Wishes Draculaura's stock that has some bat wings on jewelry, and Ghouls Rule Draculaura is there for pretty obvious reason.

So let's appreciate bats and hope they won't get mass killed just because this idiotic virus we're having so much fun with probably spread to people from them.

[Image: 67c866a02a467c1e8eac0957a187394d.jpg]

And the original pic:

[Image: 24e99410120c09bdeee1219fd8890849.jpg]
I appreciate Bat Appreciation Day. For many years I sent annual contributions to the non-profit group Bat Conservation International.
(Then the founder retired, there was infighting among the board and a ramp-up in fundraising efforts, and I stopped.)

Draculaura was going to be one of my only two Monster High purchases, back at the beginning, along with Lagoona. I'm so happy it didn't end up working out that way! But Ulla-D remains one of my favorites and I always feel a bit of that original "doll crush" returning when I see her, even today. Lovely portrait of the three bat-girls.
What a wonderful pic of ‘batgirls’.
Looks like an album cover!
Bats eat mosquitoes. So I like them. Lots. grin
Thanks everyone!

Day 109

Ginger is one of my favorite EAH characters (granted, I have a lot of favorite EAH characters, so one might argue I'm not doing the 'favorite' thing right). She's so cute and cheerful. I've been thinking about EAH a lot lately. I really miss this line.

[Image: 819f9cef4a5b5de6f756e606543eb6f2.jpg]
Apreciating bats... Can do!

Great photo!
Love those eyeglasses!

Ginger is like one of those TV "nerd girls," isn't she? Supposedly dorky, but when she takes off the glasses she's drop-dead gorgeous?

That "trick" has never worked to fool me. I've always thought the über-hotties were even hotter when they put on the nerdgirl glasses.

The Ginger fig has a particularly attractive cocoa-tan tone.
(04-19-2020, 04:40 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Love those eyeglasses!

Ginger is like one of those TV "nerd girls," isn't she? Supposedly dorky, but when she takes off the glasses she's drop-dead gorgeous?

That "trick" has never worked to fool me. I've always thought the über-hotties were even hotter when they put on the nerdgirl glasses.

The Ginger fig has a particularly attractive cocoa-tan tone.

Actually, no, she simply has glasses. EAH is full of nonsense (I'm going to ramble about it at some point), but the glasses clichés aren't a thing there, they are just glasses. I guess there are two sort of hipster nerdy boys with somewhat cliché look with glasses (Dexter and Humphrey), but girls with glasses are considered beautiful, just like girls without them. Nobody seems to care. Another girl wearing glasses is Rosabella Beauty (from The Beauty and the Beast), I don't have her, but I think Lejays might? And Apple wears them sometimes (for reading), but that isn't very consistent throughout the storyline. I do seem to remember someone else reading with glasses? I might be wrong, though.

As for Ginger, she's daughter of the witch from Hansel & Gretel, and she's bright, cheerful, kind and she loves baking above everything else. She's a very soothing character and I wish there were more releases. She only got 3, signature (this one), Sugar Coated with playset (you can see that one in Lejays's Quarantine photos), and Book Party, that one was budget and DIDN'T HAVE GLASSES! I only have the siggy.
Ginger looks like she's pondering a new recipe there
Yes, can confirm that Rosabella also wears glasses, they’re brown with little roses on the frames.

Ginger is also one of my favourite releases. Like you, I do “favourite” very badly smile
My sig Ginger doesn’t wear her sig outfit though - I bought an outfit from Etsy years ago that has little gingerbread men on it, and she wears that instead.

I missEAH, they were what really sucked me into doll collecting. I did like looking at MH dolls, but “horror/monster” doesn’t interest me nearly as much as “fairy tale” does.

If there’s anyone who would like to see a particular sig release of EAH, I have all of them & am quite happy to take pics of them.
(04-18-2020, 09:55 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]...I have a lot of favorite EAH characters, so one might argue I'm not doing the 'favorite' thing right).
If someone asked 'which of your dolls is your favourite?' I often feel like it's 'the one I'm photographing right now'. LOL
She is cute. I don't recall ever having seen her till Lejays's Ginger popped up earlier.