Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Oh, so Frankie had a magic act!
Oh, WOW! That poster looks sooo cooool! I don't know if I've ever seen the original posters before. Certainly not good images of them.

And the Frankie fig is fantastic!

This... is going to be a dangerous series of images for my finances. I foresee a great temptation ahead of me!

Did the posters come with the FdC playset, or with each individual doll?
(05-01-2020, 02:58 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Did the posters come with the FdC playset, or with each individual doll?

They came with individual dolls. The playset has Rochelle and her poster. I don't have the complete set, because I never got Jinafire and Gooliope, and I think Goo doesn't actually come with a poster, because she's the ringmaster and doesn't have her own act? Not sure, but I don't think she has a poster.
Ah, I wondered where the cute little frame came from. Will be interesting to see what the original posters look like.
And your steampunk couple are fabulous as always.
The original poster with the large eyes and the slightly oversized head gives her a good Pullip look.
Thank you very much, everyone!!!

Day 122

FdC Honey Swamp. This release of Honey is supposed to be a puppet, she comes with really loose, intentionally wobbly joints and a hand controller (only for her wrists, though). I rebodied mine, becaue I don't have Gooliope, who, I think, is supposed to play the role of the puppeteer, and the loose doll was annoying to pose on its own.

[Image: 115d3c41c5f90949f1bde014da90d345.jpg]
I am very curious as to whether to puppet gimmick did work for people who had a Gooliope...

Honey is super cute though.
Freak du Chic is my favourite MH line, I love the circus theme of it.

I would have loved to get the play set (for Rochelle of course) but they never appeared here.

Rebodying Honey sounds very sensible if you don’t want to use her for the posing gimmick
Spectac... sorry, spook=tacular figure, poster, and pic!

Rebodying Honey was a clever idea! Did you then put the bodyless head from the donor on the limp puppet body?
(05-01-2020, 10:11 PM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]I am very curious as to whether to puppet gimmick did work for people who had a Gooliope...

Honey is super cute though.

Honey doesn't really work as a puppet, the control only has strings for her wrists, and Goo doesn't have gripey hands, so she couldn't hold the control properly anyway, it just looked better when you posed them together, because the tall puppeteer gave Honey a sort of context, so she didn't look like she fainted in her stand.

(05-02-2020, 12:17 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]Freak du Chic is my favourite MH line, I love the circus theme of it.

I would have loved to get the play set (for Rochelle of course) but they never appeared here.

Rebodying Honey sounds very sensible if you don’t want to use her for the posing gimmick

It's one of my fav MH lines, too! I got lucky with the playset. It never appeared in Czech Republic, either, but I happened to be visiting Dresden just as these came to stores there, so I bought it there. Hmm, could have used it in my 'another country' photo...

I would like the idea better if they made a control that would actually allow one to use the doll as a puppet, but without it, the body just can't pose at all and her limbs are totally flaccid.

(05-02-2020, 01:44 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Spectac... sorry, spook=tacular figure, poster, and pic!

Rebodying Honey was a clever idea! Did you then put the bodyless head from the donor on the limp puppet body?

Thank you! Yes, I put the extra head on the puppet body, and tried to restyle her afro (I wanted to make it pretend that it knows what gravity is), which was an epic fail.

Day 123

Toralei's act is tightrope walking.

[Image: 5d56561cd9672ef01b46cc2d9344a61f.jpg]
I love Torelei’s outfit - and that she has an umbrella for balance.
Toralei certainly knows how to defy the laws of gravity.
Toralei's hair looks fabulous as it responds to gravity!
Those circus posters are eerily awesome and are making me want to collect the entire series of figs. Just for that little bit of printed cardboard.

(EDIT to add: or... maybe I could find the posters separately on eBay... which I just did... yay! You're such an influencer!)
Toralei's very colourful. Looks like she's tightrope-hanging in this one.... LOL
Who knew a doll with intentionally wobbly joints could be considered a good gimmick? I wouldn't have guessed... This makes me curious how popular she was and whether many people really liked that, or rebodied her as you did.
(05-02-2020, 10:49 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]I love Torelei’s outfit - and that she has an umbrella for balance.

I'm actually not too fond of regular FdC dresses, to me, they seem kinda uninspired compred to Rochelle's and FdC Noir outfits, which I love to bits. I do like the colors of Toralei's dress, though, and her umbrella. And the whole line has amazing footwear and accessories. 

(05-02-2020, 10:51 PM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]Toralei certainly knows how to defy the laws of gravity.

She's a cat, after all, she can defy any laws of nature she wants wink

(05-03-2020, 03:28 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]Toralei's hair looks fabulous as it responds to gravity!
Those circus posters are eerily awesome and are making me want to collect the entire series of figs. Just for that little bit of printed cardboard.

(EDIT to add: or... maybe I could find the posters separately on eBay... which I just did... yay!  You're such an influencer!)

Yay! Congrats!

(05-03-2020, 11:34 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]Toralei's very colourful.  Looks like she's tightrope-hanging in this one.... LOL
Who knew a doll with intentionally wobbly joints could be considered a good gimmick?  I wouldn't have guessed...  This makes me curious how popular she was and whether many people really liked that, or rebodied her as you did.

There were people who disliked it, and people who loved it, and even people who hated on people who rebodied her for 'not getting it'. I wonder if we ever learn to let other people do what they want with their collections... I don't think she was a hit, but also not a shelf sitter. I think she did OK.

Day 124

Today is the Paranormal Day, but I'm six feet under the weather today, and my head fell off, but I can still feel the pain, so I can't quite muster up the enthusiasm.

[Image: 83611361483b14c583c8e2bf863682d2.jpg]

Not posting the original, because it's crap.