Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
That's a fun comparison. It made me wonder if there is a "drink me" bottle around somewhere that shrank or grew one of them LOL
(01-10-2020, 12:12 AM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]Clearly Monty is Remei's doll and she's showing him off. Though but wow at that height difference.

Nah, they're friends. My dolls don't really have dolls, everyone is 'alive' around here. Closest to dolls-for-dolls are Monty and Orlok, but even Orlok is alive, it's just that he's a living puppet, rather than human/creature of flesh and blood.

(01-10-2020, 03:33 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't realize the little dude was so... little! What is he, like, a 5 inch (13cm) size?

Remei rocks the stripey socks!

Lil' Fairies are 6".

She does! Honestly, I think she would rock anything, but stripey socks are always a good choice!

(01-10-2020, 06:21 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]He is teeny tiny compared to her.

Yup, he's 1/12 scale, while Remei is 1/3.

(01-10-2020, 07:06 AM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]I got an idea he was teeny when Emma used him as a mask in an earlier shot.

smile

(01-10-2020, 09:05 AM)Offgenemi Wrote: [ -> ]I didnt take a single doll photo this year so I applaud you. I love the eerie face photos. it looks beautiful and creepy at the same time smile

Thank you!!!

(01-10-2020, 09:36 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: [ -> ]Oh my... I'm not good at envisaging scale, so that was a great visual!

Would love to see a Smart Doll standing side by side with a Pullip like that some time (someone may have posted one at some point and I'm forgetting...and I know Remei has appeared with your Pullips, but in more of a sitting way). I was a little taken aback when davidd posted the photo of one of his Smart girls wearing Pullip Eos's hat, as I hadn't realized their heads were a similar size...

I'm kind of spent after today's photoshoot, but I'll take a Smart Doll x Pullip comparison pic tomorrow wink

(01-10-2020, 03:48 PM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]That's a fun comparison.  It made me wonder if there is a "drink me" bottle around somewhere that shrank or grew one of them LOL

Haha, well, there are all kinds of bottles around here. Fun fact - Azone Lil' Fairies are tachnically 1/12 scale, but according to the official backstory, they're 1:1, as they are little fairy helpers you can adopt and they will help you with housework. Monty mostly reads or plays with Orlok and Liselotte, though LOL

Day 10

[Image: 30c9f440e6ec52d3f4b23434140299f0.jpg]
"But dear, this is Peculiar People Day photoshoot, are you sure you're supposed to be here?"
"I only left the house twice so far, both times for a trip to cemetery."

[Image: 3eb50417c03b175ebf8aeffa36c366c4.jpg]
"...Welcome!"

[Image: f493662f90098200a1871f88a2161458.jpg]
"Everybody say SCREECH!"
"SCREECH!"

[Image: 6a83d2ad172090837b381e014be72371.jpg]
"Well, this certainly is peculiar, which is great, but maybe it would be better if there was ALL of you in the shot..."

[Image: 07f7673b4ee8ac694e5f5c8d5c794eec.jpg]

Happy Peculiar People Day!
What a cheerful, happy... and very pretty... group of Peculiar People!

Lovely even lighting on such a diverse - in sizes and colors - group of figures!
What a lovely group of peculiar people.

Also Remei wants to be most photographed this year, doesn't she?
Lovely collection of Peculiar People.

And the little story that went with it is great, I particularly liked Remei’s line about only leaving the house twice to go to the cemetary.
So much awesomeness! I love how hopeful and expectant they look in the first picture.
That’s quite beautiful and wonderful celebration of peculiarity. I can imagine this is a big day in Oddwickshire.
Oh, that's such a cute series. I like the posing when they're all looking up and the last photo is a great finale.
(01-11-2020, 03:19 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]What a cheerful, happy... and very pretty... group of Peculiar People!

Lovely even lighting on such a diverse - in sizes and colors - group of figures!

Thank you!!!

(01-11-2020, 04:11 AM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]What a lovely group of peculiar people.

Also Remei wants to be most photographed this year, doesn't she?

Thanks!

Haha, no, I just can't resist her cuteness. LOL

(01-11-2020, 08:09 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]Lovely collection of Peculiar People.

And the little story that went with it is great, I particularly liked Remei’s line about only leaving the house twice to go to the cemetary.

Thank you!!! I'm glad you liked it!

(01-11-2020, 08:26 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: [ -> ]So much awesomeness! I love how hopeful and expectant they look in the first picture.

Thank you!

(01-11-2020, 10:24 AM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]That’s quite beautiful and wonderful celebration of peculiarity. I can imagine this is a big day in Oddwickshire.

Thanks! Actually, it isn't - they're all peculiar all the time, so it's normal day over there.

(01-11-2020, 03:46 PM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, that's such a cute series.  I like the posing when they're all looking up and the last photo is a great finale.

Thank you!

Day 11

Stars of Season 2

[Image: a078efb8f4becbb0f67619a5df17ccea.jpg]

I don't know if you remember, but last year, I covered the whole January and half of February by posting pics of the most photographed dolls from previous year. And I'm going to use this tactic again. Last year, I posted all dolls that had 5 or more photos, this year it's going to be 8 or more. Here's the unfiltered trailer / poster:

[Image: d82894a27df758fe1e5ff3384ba237e4.jpg]

And here's the promised Smart Doll x Pullip comparison:

[Image: f2b69e88935a4baf4fd05e0bae2a09ab.jpg]
(Note to self - this comparison photo doesn't count as ADAD appearance)
The poster shot is very nice - I'm just amazed they're all standing so nicely! It'll be nice to see your run-down of who got the most camera time.

Also, wow, I did not realise the height difference with a Smart doll and a Pullip.
Quote:And here's the promised Smart Doll x Pullip comparison

Thank you! That was very helpful... and I love their matching striped stockings, of course!
Is your light tent a 60cm or an 80cm? It must be fairly enormous to allow you to set up these groupings, and to photograph a Smart Doll in a standing position.

It must be at least an 80cm, because Smart Doll stands 60cm tall, I believe.

Eight or more appearances last year? You kept the Two Queens busy!

(I already have two dolls who have appeared twice in the first eleven days. So much for my plan for more diversity in my ADAD photos!)
Excellent comparison shot - I get much more of an understanding of how big the Smart Dolls are.

I liked the retrospective last year of how many dolls had multiple pictures, so I now I’m going to enjoy this years as well.
I never realised how tall the Smart Dolls are, so it’s great to have that shot as a comparison to put it into perspective.
Wow. I knew they were 1/3 but seeing the comparison is still striking.
I should do a comparison with Annie & a Pullip... but she'd probably fall over on them... slash
It does look like a poster.